U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-13-2011, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Is there any question as to whose side the Chamber is on? They acknowledge we have 27 million unemployed/underemployed citizens, yet they support the legalization of untold millions of illegal aliens. This totally defies logic.

Quote:
(CNSNews.com) - U.S. Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Tom Donohue, noting that 27 million Americans are unemployed, underemployed, or have given up on finding a job, said his organization supports a "way" "to legitimacy" for the estimated 12 to 14 million illegal aliens who are working in the United States.

“In fact,” Donohue said, “we must create 1.2 million jobs a year just to absorb the new entrants into our workforce.”
Chamber of Commerce Says It Supports Path 'To Legitimacy' for 12 Million Illegal Aliens | CNSnews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-13-2011, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Reputation: 3083
Interesting that their figures put the "working illegals" at 12-14 million rather than the 8 million usually cited. It's probably closer to the truth actually than the 12 million or so TOTAL of those here illegally as we know there's non working illegal adults plus all their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:02 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17687
talking out both sides of his mouth.

onohue said citizenship for illegal aliens should not be the top priority. “I don’t think the citizenship thing is necessary right now,” said Donohue, adding that protecting the U.S. border was also important. “I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Interesting that their figures put the "working illegals" at 12-14 million rather than the 8 million usually cited. It's probably closer to the truth actually than the 12 million or so TOTAL of those here illegally as we know there's non working illegal adults plus all their children.
I also found that to be rather interesting, especially since the government’s most recent estimate indicates we now have 10.8 million illegals. Of course, only a fool would believe that. There are probably 12 million illegals in California alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
talking out both sides of his mouth.

onohue said citizenship for illegal aliens should not be the top priority. “I don’t think the citizenship thing is necessary right now,” said Donohue, adding that protecting the U.S. border was also important. “I
The Chamber isn’t fooling anyone with their legalization vs. citizenship BS. They know illegals don’t give a damn about becoming U.S. citizens. They don’t even like this country. Legalization will give them everything they want -- employment eligibility, driver’s licenses, stay of deportation, nationwide in-state tuition, and much more. Citizenship would just be an added bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:25 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The Chamber isn’t fooling anyone with their legalization vs. citizenship BS. They know illegals don’t give a damn about becoming U.S. citizens. They don’t even like this country. Legalization will give them everything they want -- employment eligibility, driver’s licenses, stay of deportation, nationwide in-state tuition, and much more. Citizenship would just be an added bonus.
If you mean the Chamber...How could the Chamber or any other organization know what a non-homogeneous group "believes".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
If you mean the Chamber...How could the Chamber or any other organization know what a non-homogeneous group "believes".
It’s a little thing called common knowledge. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to realize we are only being used as a giant ATM and maternity ward. If their objective was citizenship, they would behave as people who actually care about this country. They wouldn’t protest in our streets waving foreign flags, and they wouldn’t desecrate our flag. They would also show some semblance of gratitude and respect, not to mention, assimilation. Their actions speak loud and clear. They are here to get what they can, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:31 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,383,008 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
If you mean the Chamber...How could the Chamber or any other organization know what a non-homogeneous group "believes".

If they wanted citizenship they would apply for it like any LEGAL immigrant that has come to this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
If they wanted citizenship they would apply for it like any LEGAL immigrant that has come to this country.
thanks for the FYI...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 02:41 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s a little thing called common knowledge. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to realize we are only being used as a giant ATM and maternity ward. If their objective was citizenship, they would behave as people who actually care about this country. They wouldn’t protest in our streets waving foreign flags, and they wouldn’t desecrate our flag. They would also show some semblance of gratitude and respect, not to mention, assimilation. Their actions speak loud and clear. They are here to get what they can, period.
again...it doesnt take being a brain surgeon to understand that to speak of illeal aliens as a homogeneous group...all thinking alike with the same ideas...is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top