Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 04:45 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Howard Industries waived indictment, pled guilty to felony charges, and
agreed to pay a criminal fine in the amount of $2.5 million, ...
http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1102/110225gulfport.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 08:10 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
This is good news. You have to wonder what they did to pi$$ someone off. Maybe they didn't make "contributions" to the right people. They need to be hitting places more frequently all over the country. If they want to send a message they should take one day and do a hit like this in EVERY state and send it to the news media. It may get foul play time on most networks but it would still send a message.

Interesting that the article doesn't mention what happened to the illegal employees.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
This is good news. You have to wonder what they did to pi$$ someone off. Maybe they didn't make "contributions" to the right people. They need to be hitting places more frequently all over the country. If they want to send a message they should take one day and do a hit like this in EVERY state and send it to the news media. It may get foul play time on most networks but it would still send a message.

Interesting that the article doesn't mention what happened to the illegal employees.
There was a topic posted in here when this story first came out. I posted this because now they have have admitted that they were guilty and have been fined. So much for the pro-illegals claiming we don't care if the employers get punished or not. I also would like to see this happening on a grand scale all over the U.S. As for the illegal employees under Obama's plan only those with serious criminal records are deported. I guess using fake or stolen I.D. to work isn't serious enough of a crime. I wouldn't doubt that many of these employees were just released back into our society to just find other employment.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:52 PM

228 posts, read 507,563 times
Now this is how you deal with illegal immigration the right way. Go after the cause of why illegal immigrants are here, instead of going after them individually. When they realize nobody can hire them, they'll go away.

I've proposed making companies hiring illegals pay the maximum tax premium for state unemployment pool, but nooooo, people said it was raising taxes.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:54 PM

228 posts, read 507,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There was a topic posted in here when this story first came out. I posted this because now they have have admitted that they were guilty and have been fined. So much for the pro-illegals claiming we don't care if the employers get punished or not. I also would like to see this happening on a grand scale all over the U.S. As for the illegal employees under Obama's plan only those with serious criminal records are deported. I guess using fake or stolen I.D. to work isn't serious enough of a crime. I wouldn't doubt that many of these employees were just released back into our society to just find other employment.
Don't just fine the guilty companies. Since every employer pays into the state unemployment pool, make them pay the maximum tax premium allowed under the law for the next ten years. If you hire legal workers, your unemployment tax premiums stay low. If you hire illegals, you get the maximum tax hit.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808s View Post
Now this is how you deal with illegal immigration the right way. Go after the cause of why illegal immigrants are here, instead of going after them individually. When they realize nobody can hire them, they'll go away.

I've proposed making companies hiring illegals pay the maximum tax premium for state unemployment pool, but nooooo, people said it was raising taxes.
You didn't address however that when an employer gets his business raided and is found guilty of hiring illegals and is fined that for the most part the illegals are just sent on their way only to seek other employment. There are two guilty parties here breaking the laws both the employer and the illegal employees. Under no circumstances should these illegal employees be set free rather than deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration