Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Mexican Drug Cartels Allegedly Plot to Shoot ICE Agents and Texas Rangers - ABC News

U.S. counternarcotics officials recently discovered that Mexican drug cartels discussed plots to kill Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and Texas Rangers who patrol the U.S.-Mexico border.

Yet the border remains as open and unenforced as ever. Illegals of all kinds can simply pay $600 to $1000 to be taken to an opening under the bridges and walk on over while the agents pretend to look the other way.

Napolitano has absolutely no clue - or worse she does know but is pretending not to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 08:09 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Mexican Drug Cartels Allegedly Plot to Shoot ICE Agents and Texas Rangers - ABC News

U.S. counternarcotics officials recently discovered that Mexican drug cartels discussed plots to kill Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and Texas Rangers who patrol the U.S.-Mexico border.

Yet the border remains as open and unenforced as ever. Illegals of all kinds can simply pay $600 to $1000 to be taken to an opening under the bridges and walk on over while the agents pretend to look the other way.

Napolitano has absolutely no clue - or worse she does know but is pretending not to know.
If judges and lawmakers would do their jobs perhaps the border would be more enforceable.

Agents pretend to look the other way???? Please show me documentation that proves this, whoever told you this is full of crap.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:12 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:

I don't know what border you live on but enforcement has doubled on the Mexican Border where I live.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:51 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I don't know what border you live on but enforcement has doubled on the Mexican Border where I live.
Obviously it still isn't enough though to keep the drug cartels and illegal aliens out of our country as they are still coming. The border needs to be militarized with orders to "stop or we'll shoot".

Old 04-01-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah I hear alot of smack talking from people who do not live on the Mexican border and the only thing they know is what they hear on the news or read on CD. There still is not enough enforcement though, Border Patrol is still spread thin and not enough in the budget to provide all they need.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Obviously it still isn't enough though to keep the drug cartels and illegal aliens out of our country as they are still coming. The border needs to be militarized with orders to "stop or we'll shoot".

Yeah that ain't ever gonna happen, our gov't seems to think we need to be friends with Mexico and neither our last president or the present one would do anything to **** them off. It's okay if our Border Patrol agents get killed, drugs pour over the borders and illegals keep coming, God forbid we hurt their feelings.

Last edited by ajzjmsmom; 04-01-2011 at 01:06 PM..

Old 04-01-2011, 01:06 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,404,265 times
We need more funding for Border Patrol Officers, more ATV's, more drone airplaines, more Apache helicopters, more 4 wheel drive vehicles, sensors & night vision gear.

Heck, I'd settle for a 30' wall with gun turrets every 50 yards running the whole length of the border....

Old 04-01-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
We need more funding for Border Patrol Officers, more ATV's, more drone airplaines, more Apache helicopters, more 4 wheel drive vehicles, sensors & night vision gear.

Heck, I'd settle for a 30' wall with gun turrets every 50 yards running the whole length of the border....

And we need to allow our agents the freedom to shoot if necessary without having to worry about everyone whining and complaining when they shoot and kill an illegal no matter their age, like they did last year when the agent shot and killed that teenager that was throwing rocks. If someone is trying to enter our country illegally and lethal force is necessary our agents need to know our gov't has their back instead of putting them through a trial.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:10 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:

So when is she going to make a tour of the border?

Has she ever taken a trip down there?

Until they fix that border everyone working there may as well wear one of these.

Disgusting.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:15 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Do they still have that big white blimp by Fort Huachuca? Back in 2007 when I was stationed there, it didn't seem to help much as we spotted illegal immigrants on post several times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration