Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 10:30 AM

48 posts, read 70,711 times

Advertisements

I am in the Detroit area. I have been noticing more and more Hispanics working at different jobs around here. I was at the Drs this morning and there was a road crew doing construction, mostly Hispanic. I asked a couple of them standing there if they were legal citizens and they couldn't understand English.

I know about calling ICE, but they are under public scruitany right now on a recent raid and don't know if local police would do anything or not.

The thing that makes me really mad is that Michigan got federal money for road repair. Why are these jobs not going to legal citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 10:51 AM

I posted something similar to this on the Detroit forum and am getting a lot of crap from other posters.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:43 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
WeHireAliens.com--Illegal Alien Employer Database brought to you by the FIRE Coalition

Report suspicious activity - toll free 1-866-DHS-2-ICE

Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM

Thanks! I emailed all the news stations in the area also.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:03 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceChild1957 View Post
I posted something similar to this on the Detroit forum and am getting a lot of crap from other posters.
That dont make sense cause jobs are bad in Detroit.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:35 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,837,469 times
Quote:
I am in the Detroit area. I have been noticing more and more Hispanics working at different jobs around here. I was at the Drs this morning and there was a road crew doing construction, mostly Hispanic. I asked a couple of them standing there if they were legal citizens and they couldn't understand English.

I know about calling ICE, but they are under public scruitany right now on a recent raid and don't know if local police would do anything or not.

The thing that makes me really mad is that Michigan got federal money for road repair. Why are these jobs not going to legal citizens?
So you walked up tp a bunch of Hispanic workers and asked them if they were "legal"...and since they didnt answer your ridiculous question, they must not understand English.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:24 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
I'm surprised that anybody is working in Detroit.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:40 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,309,669 times
Quote:

I look Hispanic myself, but was born here, as were my parents, and theirs. If you or anyone came up to me out of the blue and asked me my "staus", what I would say is not fit for me to list on the forum.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:01 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
So you walked up tp a bunch of Hispanic workers and asked them if they were "legal"...and since they didnt answer your ridiculous question, they must not understand English.
Oh? so what is ridiculous about the question? Is it against the law? The question might offend illegal alien lovers, so what?

If a person cannot respond to a simple question asked in English then it's completely normal to suspect illegal alien invaders

Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
I look Hispanic myself, but was born here, as were my parents, and theirs. If you or anyone came up to me out of the blue and asked me my "staus", what I would say is not fit for me to list on the forum.
I would agree with you here. No one but law enforcement or perhaps a potential employer should be able to ask you those questions.

I do wish those questions were allowed to be asked when someone applies for welfare benefits, healthcare or enrolling their child in school, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration