Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:06 PM

44 posts, read 42,729 times

Advertisements

I've been looking for ways to help with this issue. I found a booth at my local gun show. Anyone who's interested can try that. I'm expecting to find it very rewarding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 04:08 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times

Go get em tiger!

Old 04-11-2011, 04:36 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Do you mean...The Texas Border Volunteers?

I'd hate for you to show up to the wrong place on your first day.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLer2562 View Post
I've been looking for ways to help with this issue. I found a booth at my local gun show. Anyone who's interested can try that. I'm expecting to find it very rewarding.

That's awesome. Congratulations and good luck. I wish I could be there with you.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:41 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That's awesome. Congratulations and good luck. I wish I could be there with you.

I second that! However, we can start at home you know... I see you are from Mass and you know this state is going to sh*t.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I second that! However, we can start at home you know... I see you are from Mass and you know this state is going to sh*t.

What do you mean going? What can we do from here? I'm all ears.
I vote and write my congressional delegate on a regular basis.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:09 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,947 times
Quote:
Woohoo! Go get em! My husband and I were just saying the other night how we would like to help secure the border, even if it is just a few weekends a month. By the way, hubby is a LEGAL immigrant here from the UK

Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Quote:
You mean the Texas Border Volunteers ?

Old 04-11-2011, 07:47 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
My hubby is a LEGAL immigrant too, from the UK. It wasn't an easy task to get him into this country either. Massachusetts is a good state, I don't care what you say. We have some weirdos but we have a lot of moderates and middle of the road liberals (like me). If it were not for our progressive health insurance plan here in MA, my husband could not live in this country and we would be missing out on a wonderful person. I wouldn't have him live in some state where he couldn't even see a doctor if he got sick.

OP--congratulations. Go get them--as many as you can get. What can the rest of us do? Those who do not live near a border and can't get physically involved? I will be writing to my Senators and Congressmen but are there any organized groups?

Old 04-11-2011, 08:44 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
My hubby is a LEGAL immigrant too, from the UK. It wasn't an easy task to get him into this country either. Massachusetts is a good state, I don't care what you say. We have some weirdos but we have a lot of moderates and middle of the road liberals (like me). If it were not for our progressive health insurance plan here in MA, my husband could not live in this country and we would be missing out on a wonderful person. I wouldn't have him live in some state where he couldn't even see a doctor if he got sick.

OP--congratulations. Go get them--as many as you can get. What can the rest of us do? Those who do not live near a border and can't get physically involved? I will be writing to my Senators and Congressmen but are there any organized groups?
Really? Where is he from in the UK? Mine is from the North East Yes, I remember the difficult task to get my husband here as well, and we were supposedly "fast tracked" because we were living in the UK at the time of filing.

Here are some groups you might want to check out...

Links - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration