Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 02:17 PM

63 posts, read 141,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Welcome aboard! Always nice to have another "loyal" American in here.

Thank you thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 02:17 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Georgia must be racist. They are greating hardships for illegals. Oh some of the convicts are also hispanic??? That doesnt matter Georgia must be racist. Im sure mexico will have a complaint.
Mexico's already suing.

Mexico, other countries join Ga. immigration suit - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110616/ap_on_re_us/us_georgia_immigration_lawsuit_4 - broken link)

Old 06-16-2011, 02:35 PM

63 posts, read 141,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Mexico's already suing.

Mexico, other countries join Ga. immigration suit - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110616/ap_on_re_us/us_georgia_immigration_lawsuit_4 - broken link)
Ironic ain't it!

We let illegals march on the streets that we need to give them more, etc.

Mexico has very strict immigration laws.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:56 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Mexico's already suing.

Mind your own busines: Mexico, Brazil, etc. We dont want your illegal aliens.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:31 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
I hope the Supreme court refuses to hear that damn suit. Let those cretins take it to the Hague where the rest of the planet, also being fed up with illegals, will have an influence on the outcome.

This is another example of the United Nations ineffectiveness in dealing with the real issues of today. Were that august body working correctly; Mexico and others would be held to account for not providing the essentials for the necessities of life and the advancement of their citizens.

I love the fact that protesters wave that Mexican flag around like it's a source of pride for them, sheesh! If you're so proud of it, why not return to it's shade?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:52 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
I also think it is a great idea, especially for those on probation. I know that most criminals aren't hardcore criminals but when they get out of prison, they find it hard to locate employment and most cite this as the reason they go back to crime. So I am all for ex-offenders getting these jobs. I read another article once in the AJC some time ago that these laborers make more than minimum wage so way more than working in fast food in most locations.

Really, I don't see what's the big deal. From what I have read and watched on the news, it is for ex-offenders primarily and not for people in prison right now to work for free. The people on probation would get paid a regular wage that the illegals were getting so it is not slavery. I am black and actually get sick of people trying to make something look racist that is not. Lots of black people don't like illegal immigration either since they do affect predominately black areas quite a bit with the large amounts of illegal children enrolled in schools that are already in need.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:56 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
This was great thinking on the part of the Governor. I'm sure it isn't easy for those on probation to find work in this economy. This gives them the opportunity to get a good reference under their belt and a chance at a brighter future.

Way to go!!!!

PS Did you read some of the idiotic comments? Chain gangs...forced labor....good heavens! I guess it shows the comprehension level of those open border supporters.
I agree since I cannot see a downside to this, well unless you are an unskilled docuementated migrant worker. They are the ones who are competing for these positions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration