Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:47 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I know and the fact they are cheap labor and getting paid is the exact reason you cry about slaves being brought up. So how does he profit from their cheap labor exactly? I didn't know social workers and high school teachers profited so much off of these illegals, especially to the point we can start calling them plantation owners. Do explain.
Gutierrez, along with numerous other politicians, is being paid by special interest groups and corporations who profit from cheap labor. Do you now understand?

Please quote my post in which I mentioned social workers or teachers profiting from illegal immigration. I don’t recall ever implying such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 07:55 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Gutierrez, along with numerous other politicians, is being paid by special interest groups and corporations who profit from cheap labor. Do you now understand?

Please quote my post in which I mentioned social workers or teachers profiting from illegal immigration. I don’t recall ever implying such.
Yet I believe this poster stated himself that we all profit from illegal immigration by cheaper produce and goods.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:45 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,798 times
Quote:
More threats from supporters of scofflaws. So, the "Latino community" won't accept a measure intended to identify illegal aliens working in this country to ensure only legal workers are being employed. And, will not vote for Obama if he signs a law making it mandatory for all employers. Well, that certainly speaks volumes.

Funny, I thought Latinos were also Americans, and were also being displaced by illegal workers. Why on earth would they not want illegal employment to end?

Latin American Herald Tribune - Lawmaker to Obama: Latinos Won’t Accept Mandatory E-Verify
If obama actually had balls, or integrity, he'd tell this senator to stuff it. As president he has a duty to perform the greater good of the citizens of the country that elected him, not just the 'latino community.'

Old 06-18-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
If obama actually had balls, or integrity, he'd tell this senator to stuff it. As president he has a duty to perform the greater good of the citizens of the country that elected him, not just the 'latino community.'
Ufortunately, far too many politicians (especially the Democrats) are falliing all over themselves to gain the Hispanic vote which means you must be for amnesty/CIR or you won't gain it. Which leads to the question why do Hispanics think their ethnic group should be above our laws? Also, only 10 million Hispanics voted in the last presidential election opposed to over 200 million non-hispanics that voted. Did our politicians fail basic math?

Old 06-18-2011, 07:25 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,424,518 times
Quote:
E-Verify, in force since 1997, has been harshly criticized by unions and pro-immigrant groups that say it criminalizes immigrants and is ineffective.
If it's so ineffective, what's all the bi*ching about?

I don't know who I want out of office more, Gurtrude(Gutierrez) or BO?

Gertrudes (Gutierrez) mouth holds nothing back when it comes to proving how antiAmerican he is.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Ufortunately, far too many politicians (especially the Democrats) are falliing all over themselves to gain the Hispanic vote which means you must be for amnesty/CIR or you won't gain it. Which leads to the question why do Hispanics think their ethnic group should be above our laws? Also, only 10 million Hispanics voted in the last presidential election opposed to over 200 million non-hispanics that voted. Did our politicians fail basic math?
When a polititian needs to unofficially try to change Laws or use loopholes
in the current Laws to satisfy non-Citizens and their supporters to get votes, because they're losing votes and support from the people they swore to represent.
Then like "Al Pacino" said in the movie "And Justice For All"
"SOMETHINGS REALLY WRONG HERE"!!...

Old 06-18-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If it's so ineffective, what's all the bi*ching about?

I don't know who I want out of office more, Gurtrude(Gutierrez) or BO?

Gertrudes (Gutierrez) mouth holds nothing back when it comes to proving how antiAmerican he is.
These aren't pro-"immigrant" groups anyway. They are pro-illegal alien groups. I was wondering myself about that. If it is so ineffective then what's all the fuss about?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:04 PM

358 posts, read 394,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It's very simple. the Latino community has grown exponentially over the last two decades (thank you Catholic church and illegal aliens), while Latino's are still the least likely group to vote (out of the large number that can legally vote) the parties are worried that issues like amnesty will "solidify" the Latino community to vote for a certain political party. We can look at American history almost 50 years ago and see what ethnic group was won over by the Democrats, and why. to this day approximately 84% of this group still vote Democrat. So the Dems and Repubs will sell Americans out, while looking to secure a possible future voting bloc.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
It use to be that someone was elected because of his/her Honor, integrity and commitment.
Now it's just like a sales advertisment. They'll lie through their teeth to get people to fall for their BS. Once they're voted in, it's the people problem if they find they have a defect.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:00 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,513 times
Quote:
Wrong! I compared him to a slave trader due to the fact that his motive for defending “immigrant” rights is to profit from the cheap labor industry. Or, perhaps a better analogy would have been plantation owner.
Gutierrez is the Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton of the Latino community. It's to his benefit to promote illegal immigration. Without illegal immigration, he loses his power base, such as it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration