Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 10:08 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
A wise populace has one standard of law for everyone and enforces it equally accross the board.
Blind adherence to THE LAW no matter what is actually a sign of stupidity, not wisdom, if you ask me.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:38 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Blind adherence to THE LAW no matter what is actually a sign of stupidity, not wisdom, if you ask me.

One standard is the only fair way to go. Illegals get free passes constantly. How is that fair to citizens?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:44 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
One standard is the only fair way to go. Illegals get free passes constantly. How is that fair to citizens?
Besides, if one thinks any of our laws are unjust then seek changes to them but that doesn't give anyone the right to break them in the meantime just because they deem them to be unjust.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:17 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Besides, if one thinks any of our laws are unjust then seek changes to them but that doesn't give anyone the right to break them in the meantime just because they deem them to be unjust.

Stop talking sense. It gives the illegals and their apologists head aches.....

Old 08-03-2011, 01:25 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh, RIGHTS. I didn't realize we were talking about rights. I assumed these discussions were mostly normative, but now I see that we're talking about rights, and I can just invoke the right of the federal government to enforce its laws as tightly or loosely or not-at-all as it deems fit, and that will be that.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:48 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
If it makes you feel any better no one asked you.

We all knew what you were going to say before you said it.

Illegals are owed nothing. They're certainly not owed the right to be treated as American citizens rather than foreign nationals when applying to college.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:15 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Illegals are owed nothing. They're certainly not owed the right to be treated as American citizens rather than foreign nationals when applying to college.
Cool, then when they apply to your college feel free to throw their applications in the garbage. When they apply to other colleges, mind your own business.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:59 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Cool, then when they apply to your college feel free to throw their applications in the garbage. When they apply to other colleges, mind your own business.
Trespassing foreign nationals are my business. They're also supposed to be the business of our elected officials. Our elected officials should look out for the needs of the people they were elected to represent. The people are the people of the United States. The American people do not include foreign nationals who wish to sneak into this country without permission and wish use our higher educational system.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Old 08-03-2011, 04:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Just days after Benicar claims we can know neither the true costs or benefits of illegals Benicar is back on the soap box claiming she knows they actually cost us billions and are a SCOURGE! Screw those actual studies and heads of finance for states saying otherwise. She saw it on a YouTube video!
The fact that we do not have an accurate accounting of the costs of illegal immigration does not negate the “estimated” BILLIONS incurred due to their presence. Their K-12 education alone is staggering. And, we DO have actual costs per student, including ESL classes for every school district in this country. We just don’t know the actual number of illegal alien students enrolled in our schools. After all, it would be considered racist to ascertain those numbers.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
And breaking laws we disagree with is the path to anarchy. I disagree with a speed limit so should be able to drive as fast as want regardless of the law right?
I disagree with the law requiring me to insure my car so need to insure it right?
I really disagree with paying taxes. Just dont pay them right?
Sure as long as I am willing to man up for the consequences when caught.
We can not give a free pass to every criminal who uses the excuse I disagreed with the law. Anarchy would be the result.
More to the point who are these illegals to decide which laws they should obey? They are not even citizens.
If a law is bad work to change it. But you dont go on a crime spree then after the fact call time out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration