Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 08:18 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
But you guys, ya see, those arguments apply equally to all poor people. We'd DEFINITELY be better off if there were just straight up less of them.

So right now you're pretending that your concern is their level of education etc. etc. etc. But the argument will, without fail, carry on like so:

Us: "If they are legalized they will no longer be illegal."
You: "But they are poor and uneducated."
Us: "So are the poor people here, do you have a problem with them?"
You: "They have a right to be here."
Us: "But if we legalized illegals, they'd have a right to be here, too."
You: "I SAID THEY ARE ****ING POOR!!!!1"
We are not like Mexico and the Central American nations trying to pawn off our poor classes onto other countries.

The foreign poor belong to their own countries, our poor belong to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 08:19 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,603 times
But if we legalized them, of course, they'd "belong" to us in the same sense.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
And if you would only allow unlimited numbers of homeless types into your home, they would belong to your household in the same sense.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:29 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,603 times
This could not have worked out any better.

Quote:
But you guys, ya see, those arguments apply equally to all poor people. We'd DEFINITELY be better off if there were just straight up less of them.

So right now you're pretending that your concern is their level of education etc. etc. etc. But the argument will, without fail, carry on like so:

Us: "If they are legalized they will no longer be illegal."
You: "But they are poor and uneducated."
Us: "So are the poor people here, do you have a problem with them?"
You: "They have a right to be here."
Us: "But if we legalized illegals, they'd have a right to be here, too."
You: "I SAID THEY ARE ****ING POOR!!!!1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We are not like Mexico and the Central American nations trying to pawn off our poor classes onto other countries.

The foreign poor belong to their own countries, our poor belong to us.
Quote:
Quote:
And if you would only allow unlimited numbers of homeless types into your home, they would belong to your household in the same sense.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
This could not have worked out any better.

Our American poor belong to us as a nation, I never said they all belong in my own house.

You really ought to go after the people of the sending nations. Why are they ridding their nations of their poor classes?

If Mexico doesn't want it's illegals, why should we?

Old 09-03-2011, 08:46 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Wrong. If we restricted illiterate people who are a detriment to the country from coming in we would be far better off.
Quote:
That's like saying if you would only open your gates and the doors to your home to all the homeless bums and let them move into your home to eat your food and crowd into the rooms of your home that all the negative impacts disappear.
So what you guys are saying is chicagonut's point was invalid. Thanks!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Our American poor belong to us as a nation, I never said they all belong in my own house.
Oh so NOW all of a sudden you DO SEE the difference between "the country" and YOUR HOUSE???

All this time I've had people telling ME that if I want improved immigration laws, I must accept anyone who wants to wander into MY HOUSE because otherwise I'm some sort of hypocrite. Turns out that was just a big old load of horse poopy, what a surprise!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So what you guys are saying is chicagonut's point was invalid. Thanks!
Her point was very valid.

Our immigration policy is like the crazy cat lady's policy toward pet ownership.

She starts out with 4-6 cats and provides nicely for them. Her cats are happy, healthy and not producing new litters every 6 months.

However she can't help herself, she begins to take in every stray that happens by, and at first it's okay, the 6 new cats added to her own cats have enough food but they do have a problem with breeding new litters every few months. And more cats keep coming and more litters are born.

Now her own cats are ill and hungry, there isn't enough food for all the 80 cats, but the cats keep showing up, she keeps taking them in. Now the cats are eating each other.....but she still can't change her immigration policies....

So why do we call her the crazy cat lady when our presidents have the exact same mentality?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Her point was very valid.
lol wut?

Quote:
The negative impacts are just a part of being here illegally in the first place.
IF this is true then legalizing them removes the supposed CAUSE of the "negative impacts". You can't have it both ways, guys. Either chicagonut is WRONG or fixing this problem is just as easy as I say it is.

It's one or the other.

Hint: she is actually wrong. The reason is that she's TRYING to hide what she really thinks by wrapping it up in socially acceptable language about breaking the law.

Quote:
Our immigration policy is like the crazy cat lady's policy toward pet ownership.

She starts out with 4-6 cats and provides nicely for them. Her cats are happy, healthy and not producing new litters every 6 months.

However she can't help herself, she begins to take in every stray that happens by, and at first it's okay, the 6 new cats added to her own cats have enough food but they do have a problem with breeding new litters every few months. And more cats keep coming and more litters are born.

Now her own cats are ill and hungry, there isn't enough food for all the 80 cats, but the cats keep showing up, she keeps taking them in. Now the cats are eating each other.....but she still can't change her immigration policies....

So why do we call her the crazy cat lady when our presidents have the exact same mentality?
Yeah, see, this has nothing to do with legality. If we make owning cats legal or illegal this situation doesn't get any better or worse. Thank you for proving chicagonut is, once again, wrong.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
lol wut?

IF this is true then legalizing them removes the supposed CAUSE of the "negative impacts". You can't have it both ways, guys. Either chicagonut is WRONG or fixing this problem is just as easy as I say it is.

It's one or the other.

Hint: she is actually wrong. The reason is that she's TRYING to hide what she really thinks by wrapping it up in socially acceptable language about breaking the law.

Yeah, see, this has nothing to do with legality. If we make owning cats legal or illegal this situation doesn't get any better or worse. Thank you for proving chicagonut is, once again, wrong.
You aren't making much sense.

It would be true of everything - legalize tax evasion, then not paying taxes wouldn't be a crime, legalize slavery, then owing slaves wouldn't be against the law, legalize embezzlement, legalize extorsion. Legalize dead beat fathers, then they wouldn't be evading the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration