Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 05:36 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLQ View Post
Once again, who cares about race. Get over it, we will all be brown one day and if you have a problem with that, you are a racist.
Do people tend to marry inside their own race, or is that a coincidence? Does the government ever collect data on race? Does CNN ever report statistics with race as an attribute? Do school districts manage policies based on race? Do LAPD, LAFD, and LASD consider race and gender when hiring and promoting? Do big companies want to know what race their employees and job applicants are? Is being a racist always bad or wrong? Are senior discounts, women only gyms, handicapped parking spaces discriminatory?

What does "We will all be brown one day" mean?

Adversity.Net Home Page

The Toll of Racial Quotas and Preferences: True Horror Stories.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:45 PM
CLQ

207 posts, read 1,086,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Do people tend to marry inside their own race, or is that a coincidence? Does the government ever collect data on race? Does CNN ever report statistics with race as an attribute? Do school districts manage policies based on race? Do LAPD, LAFD, and LASD consider race and gender when hiring and promoting? Do big companies want to know what race their employees and job applicants are? Is being a racist always bad or wrong? Are senior discounts, women only gyms, handicapped parking spaces discriminatory?

The government is starting to have a mixed category more often now that people are multi-racial. Soon enough, we will all be of mixed ethnicity and since brown features are the dominant genes we will all be brown or browner This shouldn't matter at all. Who really cares about race anyway? Why are there so many posts about race??? Black, white, red, yellow, purple we are all the same. It is a matter of the heart, not what's on the outside that's important. I can understand the culture aspect of it but since we are all in US we should be focusing on our own culture, values, etc and we can incorporate all the positive things of various cultures into our own. That's why US is so great.There needs to be acceptance of all and we need to live in harmony than we as a people can progress and work together to make this world a better place rather than segregating ourselves from everyone. I still believe that Martin Luther King's dream can happen if we just soften our hearts.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:59 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Quote:
The government is starting to have a mixed category more often now that people are multi-racial. Soon enough, we will all be of mixed ethnicity and since brown features are the dominant genes we will all be brown or browner This shouldn't matter at all. Who really cares about race anyway? Why are there so many posts about race??? Black, white, red, yellow, purple we are all the same. It is a matter of the heart, not what's on the outside that's important. I can understand the culture aspect of it but since we are all in US we should be focusing on our own culture, values, etc and we can incorporate all the positive things of various cultures into our own. That's why US is so great.There needs to be acceptance of all and we need to live in harmony than we as a people can progress and work together to make this world a better place rather than segregating ourselves from everyone. I still believe that Martin Luther King's dream can happen if we just soften our hearts.
The problem is when people come here, isolate themselves from our American culture, and pretend their in their old country while being sure to take any handouts the government gives. I also blame businesses that bend over backwards to ensure no one has to make even the slightest effort to assimilate into American culture. The result is home loans in Spanish with no SSN required and corn flakes boxes printed in Spanish.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:19 AM

652 posts, read 2,804,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

I think it's the motto of MEChA.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:36 AM

705 posts, read 3,298,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I disagree. Look at the numbers. The city is becoming more and more Hispanic every year. Despite the increase in the cost of living. In fact, Los Angeles now has the largest urban concentration of Mexicans in the world outside of Mexico City. Some latinos may be leaving LA, but others are still pouring across the border and taking their place, and they give birth in much higher numbers than the white race. So despite the high cost of living, the percentage of LA's population that's latino is going to increase every single year.
Latinos aren't stupid. Yes, there are many Mexican immigrants in Los Angeles but many that come to the city dont stay here. Many of them leave the city to other states. Los Angeles is like a "checkpoint" for these people. In time more immigrants will start heading towards other states rather than California. There really isnt much hope for a better life for these people in this state. Hispanics are now making 58cents for every dollar a white man makes when back in the 1960's hispanics made 75cents for every dollar a white man made. Besides, let latinos come to the United States! its this countries fault they are comming over here in the first place for all the corruption it caused to Latin America.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Quote:
The problem is when people come here, isolate themselves from our American culture
Hmmm......define "American culture".

Old 08-24-2007, 09:09 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
Hispanics are now making 58cents for every dollar a white man makes when back in the 1960's hispanics made 75cents for every dollar a white man made.
How could that possibly be?

Civic Report 31 | Public School Graduation Rates in the United States

ParaPundit: Hispanic And Black High School Graduation Rates Very Low

Old 08-24-2007, 12:00 PM

67 posts, read 206,945 times
People should take a long term view of what's happening, seriously, we'll all be dead in 80 years, so does it matter? By the time Latinos and Mexicans outnumber all other minorities 4 to 1, most people will be on their deathbed being tended to by a Hispanic nurse listening to mariachi music in the hospital.

There is nothing you or anybody can do, NOTHING. Just move to Alaska and live your final days among white people and eskimos.

Me? I'm just going to have to brush up on my Spanish and make sure my son marries a nice Mexican girl from an educated family. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:52 PM
CLQ

207 posts, read 1,086,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
The problem is when people come here, isolate themselves from our American culture, and pretend their in their old country while being sure to take any handouts the government gives. I also blame businesses that bend over backwards to ensure no one has to make even the slightest effort to assimilate into American culture. The result is home loans in Spanish with no SSN required and corn flakes boxes printed in Spanish.
I agree that when people move here they should try harder to assimilate to the culture here. This is the exact reason why in Hawaii some people hate mainlanders who come to Hawaii and do not respect or assimilate to the Hawaiian culture and act like they own the place.

I think with time people adapt, especially the 2nd generation kids that are born here.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:54 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Quote:
I agree that when people move here they should try harder to assimilate to the culture here. This is the exact reason why in Hawaii some people hate mainlanders who come to Hawaii and do not respect or assimilate to the Hawaiian culture and act like they own the place.

I think with time people adapt, especially the 2nd generation kids that are born here.
2nd generation kids will adapt and assimilate if they're surrounded by American culture. But what happens when its possible to spend your entire life in a Spanish speaking Mexican bubble on American soil? That takes away the incentive and requirement to assimilate and creates another Quebec. How long before there's Mexifornia secessionist movement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration