Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 07:23 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
nah, it's not the farmers who are greedy, it's because you're to stingy to pay more for the fruit and veg these illegals picked.
You'd be wrong then. The crops picked by illegal aliens are no bargain for us only for the greedy farmers. They pocket the profits while we pick up the tab for their social costs. You don't want them to use the unlimited visas for legal workers that protects workers from exploitation? Why is that? Shouldn't all employers have to follow our labor laws?

By the way only 3% of illegals are picking crops. The other 97% are doing jobs that Americans will do and have always done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 07:24 AM

913 posts, read 872,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
We are? Really? I bought some peanut better yesterdy, it was over 10 dollars, used to be 6 dollars a few weeks ago. I dont like it but I PAID the more money.

and if those peanuts where harvested and processed by the 'entitled', it would cost $20!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:25 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,117 times
Quote:
and if those peanuts where harvested and processed by the 'entitled', it would cost $20!
Can you show us the math on that?

Old 11-03-2011, 07:25 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
i can't believe the ignorance in this post or on this thread. immigrants made the US great and they still are making it great! the fact that we give out welfare like candy is an indictment on our entitlement culture and not the fault of illegals who come here and sweat to EARN a living!
Legal immigrants are cool. ILLEGAL aliens need to go home, we dont want em.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
So? Ill pay it tho I think your info is worng.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:28 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:
i can't believe the ignorance in this post or on this thread. immigrants made the US great and they still are making it great! the fact that we give out welfare like candy is an indictment on our entitlement culture and not the fault of illegals who come here and sweat to EARN a living!
Yes, "immigrants" have helped to make this country great. The subject of this forum however is illegal aliens, not immigrants.

The fault of the illegals is coming here in the first place regardless of what their intentions are. They have no right to be here or to work here. Sweating to make a living has nothing to do with it and is no justification for coming here illegally. Many Americans sweat when they work also but that doesn't give them the right to break laws.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You'd be wrong then. The crops picked by illegal aliens are no bargain for us only for the greedy farmers. They pocket the profits while we pick up the tab for their social costs. You don't want them to use the unlimited visas for legal workers that protects workers from exploitation? Why is that? Shouldn't all employers have to follow our labor laws?

By the way only 3% of illegals are picking crops. The other 97% are doing jobs that Americans will do and have always done.

it's always the greedy somebody! that is the same rubbish the bolsheviks used to spew before the govt and system they fought so valiantly for, put 60million of them to the sword!

you are right about one thing, ther welfare system needs to go along with all those ridiculous labor laws and you can add minimum wage!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:38 AM

525 posts, read 899,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Americans will not do those jobs for meager pay.
The problem is most americans have never did highly physical jobs and don't know what they are signing up for.Plus the illegals have been doing it forever. Also vegitable and fruit picking is a young mans or woman's job. The folks the company brought in were older probably 30 plus who have or have not did strenuous work. You have t0 compare apples to apllles. I always laugh when I see a middle age person doing the fast food thing

Old 11-03-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Can you show us the math on that?
i don't need to show you any math, you only have to open your eyes and acknowledge that businesses are leaving our shores to go to places where the laws aren't as ridiculous, labor is cheaper and they don't have an entitlement culture! companies that don't send most of their jobs abroad have to deal with the kind of bs that gibson guitar and boeing recently had to deal with!

Old 11-03-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
i don't need to show you any math, you only have to open your eyes and acknowledge that businesses are leaving our shores to go to places where the laws aren't as ridiculous, labor is cheaper and they don't have an entitlement culture! companies that don't send most of their jobs abroad have to deal with the kind of bs that gibson guitar and boeing recently had to deal with!
You say this an you say that. YOU need to back it up instead of duckin it when asked to put up a link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration