Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:11 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Attorneys filed a federal suit arguing that scores of American students — who were born in the United States as children of undocumented immigrants — are being wrongly denied the right to pay in-state tuition at Florida’s colleges and universities.

Wednesday’s suit names several South Florida students as plaintiffs, including Noel Saucedo, who had a full-tuition scholarship at Miami Dade College reduced to almost nothing after he could not prove his parents were here legally. Saucedo now attends school part-time because he cannot afford out-of-state tuition rates, the suit says.
U.S. citizens denied right to in-state tuition - Florida - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/19/2462421/us-citizens-denied-right-to-in.html - broken link)

If the policy requires parents to be "legal" residents of the state for their children to qualify for in-state tuition, he has no one to blame but his parents, who chose to live in this country illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 11:19 AM

327 posts, read 320,205 times
More of not wanting to obey the law and follow the rules.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:30 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
So one of them is btching about having to work 2 jobs instead of going to school.

Welcome to the life of the average American Joe who has LEGAL parents and cannot afford to go to college.

Are you happy now? Deal with it. You are not special.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:43 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
So one of them is btching about having to work 2 jobs instead of going to school.

Welcome to the life of the average American Joe who has LEGAL parents and cannot afford to go to college.

Are you happy now? Deal with it. You are not special.
They have an incredible sense of entitlement. So, in their minds, they ARE special. After all, our government has been pandering to their illegal parents for years, so they expect the same treatment, and whine like spoiled brats when they don't get it. I'm sick of the whiny Dreamies, anchors, and their criminal parents. If they don't like our policies and laws, they are free to leave.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:53 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They have an incredible sense of entitlement. So, in their minds, they ARE special. After all, our government has been pandering to their illegal parents for years, so they expect the same treatment, and whine like spoiled brats when they don't get it. I'm sick of the whiny Dreamies, anchors, and their criminal parents. If they don't like our policies and laws, they are free to leave.

Again my friend thank you, For thinking exactly what i was. Why do they feel they are entitled to entitlements. What really gets me these days, is that they feel that they are so entitled, and so much more deserving then our citizens. Bull rightly stated. If they cannot put up with our polices, and our laws, take a freaking hike South of the border.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:56 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:

Before I joined the Military I worked 3 jobs. Yes THREE. A 9-5 office job, Mon-Fri, a retail job Mon-Fri 6-9 pm and a weekend job (usually 8 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday). My father is not exactly poor and I could get a free ride if I wanted to...but NOPE.

If you want something, you WORK for it. Don't expect it to be handed to you. That is what my father told me growing up. He was part of the one of the last waves of good (LEGAL) immigrants that came to this country.

When I got out of the Army I had to wait a YEAR to qualify for in-state tuition. I have paid taxes since I got my first job and have always worked hard. My parents pay taxes and I never felt like I was entitled to jack sht! He is one of the most hard working people I have ever met... A man with only a 7th grade education turned businessman.

The sense of entitlement illegals and their children have is ridiculous. Your birth certificate might say Born in the US but your mentality is that of a 3rd world country, just like your parents'.

"Give me, give me, give me."

"Why should I?"

"Because I said so".

We are being robbed everyday.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
U.S. citizens denied right to in-state tuition - Florida - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/19/2462421/us-citizens-denied-right-to-in.html - broken link)

If the policy requires parents to be "legal" residents of the state for their children to qualify for in-state tuition, he has no one to blame but his parents, who chose to live in this country illegally.
Unfortunately they will win. The law recognizes no distinction between US citizens. This is why it's imperative to get the 14th amendment interpreted correctly..

Old 10-20-2011, 07:40 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
They'll come to California.

We have to work on changing our laws.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:53 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:

That policy is a total violation of their constitutional rights. Who ever came up with that policy is plain dumb.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
That policy is a total violation of their constitutional rights. Who ever came up with that policy is plain dumb.
Not dumb. Things are gettin ready to hit the fan real soon. The Feds hand is being forced bout anchor babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration