Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 04:07 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
American seniors are shoved out of nursing homes all the time because their insurance will no longer cover their care and yet an illegal gets to stay and run up medical bills because he doesn't want to go back to his homeland?
People who work in health care will tell you how everything is. I worked for a company that provided dialysis services and had a certain individual in Rhode Island who was not in the country legally (no social security number, required an interpreter) but was getting "free" medical care provided by taxpayers. We ran into a problem and that person was risking losing the free ride. Why? Well his treatment had exceeded a million dollars over a 6 month period.

I am back to working in the health care industry (since February)... And not much has changed. As a matter of fact it looks like it has gotten worse ever since. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 04:20 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
People who work in health care will tell you how everything is. I worked for a company that provided dialysis services and had a certain individual in Rhode Island who was not in the country legally (no social security number, required an interpreter) but was getting "free" medical care provided by taxpayers. We ran into a problem and that person was risking losing the free ride. Why? Well his treatment had exceeded a million dollars over a 6 month period.

I am back to working in the health care industry (since February)... And not much has changed. As a matter of fact it looks like it has gotten worse ever since. .
Let's not forget the illegal alien lawsuit against Grady Memorial in Atlanta. They had the nerve to sue, because the dialysis clinic was forced to close, due to being overwhelmed by THEM.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:28 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
We are more then happy to reap the benefits of all their cheap labor, but then cry when we have to pay the social costs that go along with it. My aren't we a bunch of hypocrites?
Uh....we? YOU, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
I'm certainly not benefiting from illegals. I'm being taxed to support their outrageous breeding, educating their kids, feeding, clothing, and housing them.

Are you hiring illegals on the cheap and passing their social costs onto other taxpayers? In that case, then yes YOU are happy to reap the benefits of cheap labor.
This. Illegals are not welcome on my property, I refuse to hire them or to allow anyone I do business with to use them on projects on my property. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Let's not forget the illegal alien lawsuit against Grady Memorial in Atlanta. They had the nerve to sue, because the dialysis clinic was forced to close, due to being overwhelmed by THEM.
I know...where do you buy chutzpah like that?????

Old 10-28-2011, 08:43 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexasgal View Post
Illegal immigrant paralyzed at work says UTMB is pushing him to return to Mexico | khou.com Houston

Do you believe that this man should be deported to Mexico for further treatment, or should be allowed to stay in the U.S. since the U.S. didn't prevent him from entering the country in the first place?

give him treatment in the USA and bill mexico for the medical costs. then ship him back to mexico.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:47 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by die Eichkatze View Post
Sorry, send him back to Mexico. Send half the bill to the employer as a fine for hiring him, and send the other half of the bill to the Mexican Government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Actually I think his employer should pay his bills. Or Mexico. I don't think his bills are MY responsibility as a taxpayer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
American seniors are shoved out of nursing homes all the time because their insurance will no longer cover their care and yet an illegal gets to stay and run up medical bills because he doesn't want to go back to his homeland?
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
give him treatment in the USA and bill mexico for the medical costs. then ship him back to mexico.
^^^ All good, I say,

Jamie Foxx - Hit The Road, Jack (Ray) - YouTube

Old 10-28-2011, 11:22 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Well, some may hate illegal immigrants......I don't, but.....

I just resent the fact that many of them bleed our system for all it's worth, and Mexico encourages them to come here so Mexico won't have to deal with them.

Our emergency rooms and hospitals are stuck with having to treat illegals, and we citizens end up footing the bill.

Our prisons have a large illegal population, so we're stuck with that bill, too. Illegals' cost to us citizen taxpayers as a whole is greater than the supposed benefits they bring in the form of "cheap" labor.

Like this case, turns out that they aren't such "cheap" labor after all. The medical center is still stuck with the costs of his treatment. As the article also stated, this happens over and over and over again.

Enough is enough.
I don't hate this man. i feel sorry for his plight but I don't owe him anything while I am struggling so hard to keep my own head above water and make ends meet....(self employed, 70 hour workweeks, no down time, almost 70 years old) When I needed abdominal surgery, no one offered me a free ride and we didn't stick the hospital with the bill...I feel the employer should be held responsible in some way. That won't happen. The man is in a bad fix and I don't know the answer.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:41 AM

387 posts, read 591,295 times
If a US Citizen is hospitalized in a foreign country does America pay hospital
bill if that person can't pay the bill
No way unless that person works for US Govt

Old 10-29-2011, 09:34 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
We are more then happy to reap the benefits of all their cheap labor, but then cry when we have to pay the social costs that go along with it. My aren't we a bunch of hypocrites?
We? I want ALL illegal aliens GONE! We DONT need em.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:37 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
If a US Citizen is hospitalized in a foreign country does America pay hospital
bill if that person can't pay the bill
No way unless that person works for US Govt
One takes there chances outside of the USA. An there are not many USA citiznes who are illegal aliens. If they get in trouble for bein illegal, oh well.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It's an entitlement attitude that is beyond all words. The illegals truly feel like coming here illegally should have us paying for everything they want and even need. They wouldn't dream of making these demands of their own government and institutions, but why should they, it's very very easy to just show up here and demand what they feel they are entitled to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration