Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:46 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Clearly, this is a problem the government of Mexico needs to address. Mexico has the 15th highest GDP in the world, yet is ranked at #88 in GDP/capita. This extreme income disparity and wealth distribution is an issue that Mexico, and only Mexico, can and must resolve.
When the US gubmint permits Mexico to export it's impoverished residents to us to, we are doing nothing more than serving as an enabler of the staus quo.

Their 'better life' is achieved at the expense of American citizens who have family trees going back to the early years of this country, American citizens whose loved ones have fought and died in defense of this country. This is a big win for the illegal aliens and big burden for the average American, IMO.
Isn't it sad that the very thing we love about our country is the very thing that is working against us. As far as this issue goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 08:47 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,445 times
Default really

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
Illegals have ALWAYS been in this country, for hundreds of years they've been building our nation's roads and highways, picking our fruits and vegetables, working in our kitchens, watching our kids, picking up our trash, landscaping Mitt Romney's mansions, etc...Illegal immigration is nothing new, and those 12-17 million are here to stay. Tough. Thats the price we pay for being the top dog. Now quit your whining, or else move to the border and start building a wall. Without illegals, it will take you a good 50-60 years. lol
I see you are a supporter of people breaking the law. Do you also defend murderers and gangs the same way? I mean, they have been around for a while too, that must make it okay?

Oh, and the wall would be built in less time and a whole lot better than using illegal, untrained, non english speaking, law breaking, gang member, rapist, dwi convict, murders, identity stealing ohhh I am sorry I meant undocumented hard worker.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:58 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Quote:
I see you are a supporter of people breaking the law. Do you also defend murderers and gangs the same way? I mean, they have been around for a while too, that must make it okay?
Laws are meant to be obeyed. But laws can also be changed. That's why we have amendments to our constitution. That's why slavery is no longer legal.

The law against illegal immigration is not exempt from this. So, here's a thought experiment for you: say we change the law and give some form of amnesty to illegals. This is what Bush and the Congress were trying to do last year. Say they succeeded. The illegal immigrants are no longer illegal. The new law says so. Will you obey this law?

Old 09-02-2007, 07:29 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TijuanaGringo View Post
Every paycheck in America has an income tax on it, both federal and state, and to mention a social security tax, so most illegal immigrants do pay taxes. If you want to tell me again how they DO NOT pay taxes, please counter my argument. It has nothing to do with a false or real security number, taxes will be taken out of a paycheck NO MATTER what, unless an employer is breaking the law, not an employee. So if an illegal immigrant doesn't want to be paid their paycheck for his/her week's work, I guess they could reject the paycheck, thus not be paying taxes. But, who would do that.
Let me explain how this works. An illegal works a job using someone elses social security number. Jose says he has ...oh let's say 9 dependents so he has very few if any taxes taken out of his check. Now the IRS sees after some years that there is no taxes paid on all this income and they're going to go after the guy BUT they go after the person that SS# belongs to.

I don't care if that person has all the proof in the world that he was not even in that state to make that money the IRS will tell him he owes the money and they will sort it out later. Pay first, prove later.

I read a story where the IRS took everything this man owned including his home. If I can find the story again on the internet I will post it.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:45 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Whew, an amendment to our Constitution which encompasses and embraces illegality of millions of aliens! Brave new and scary world when you begin that kind of thought process, where up is down and down is up.... You want to talk about a civil war, bring it on!

Old 09-02-2007, 03:22 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobezee1 View Post
I posted this in the Texas forum, but I wanted the whole country to see what's going on down here, and maybe in your neck of the woods too.

I just wanted to let you folks know what is going on in this city and why so many Dallasites, Texans, and Americans want all of these illegals out of here.

My stepfather has COPD and emphysema. He can barely breathe and due to this fact, can no longer work. He can't even take the trash to the curb without nearly fainting.

Two weeks ago, I took him to Parkland (the only public hospital in Dallas) to see a doctor. We waited all day and never saw one. Only a physician's assistant, whatever that is. Nothing but illegals in there that time. They didn't admit him (although they admitted plenty of these illegals who spoke absolutely no English so they could deliver their "anchor babies." I was informed that in order for my stepfather to get a health card, I needed the form stating that he was denied unemployment benefits.

Went back today with him and the paperwork. Again, nothing but non-English speaking people enrolling their "anchor babies" in the CHIPs (Children's Health Insurance Program provided by the state). This time, I was told that he had to go down to the Texas Workforce Commission and apply for a job. I told them that he was disabled and we needed a doctor to certify this. Was told, couldn't see a doctor to certify disability w/o going to TWC to apply for a job. Now, does that make sense to you? This woman actually told me to take him down to the Salvation Army (which in Dallas is a VERY dangerous place), have him spend the night, and get a letter from them to declare him homeless. Unbelieveable.

I am fed up! I've had it up to here with the county and the federal gov't refusing to address this situation. It is a disgrace when all these illegals can come here, have their "anchor babies," crowd the only public hospital in Dallas county, and drain our resources, BUT A UNITED STATES CITIZEN who has worked hard all his life, paid his taxes, and obeyed the law is DENIED any kind of help.

I told my stepfather that, even if I acquired all of the necessary papers that they requested of me this time, if we went back, they would find something else for me to dig up. It reminded me of the John Grishom book "The Rainmaker" where the claims rep said that it was policy to deny all claims for a year in the hopes that the policyholder would just give up and go away, which most of them did.
I'm so sorry about your stepfathers health problems and gov. red tape. I understand the federal government is broken and problems such as you are having abound. The cause is illegal aliens overwhelming all medical systems and funds. I was told this in so many words by major medical center in 1996 and it's gotten worse ever since. Please keep trying right away to do what they said, declaring homelessness or whatever it takes to get your stepfather HELP.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
your step-dad sounds lazy. Why doesn't he have a job instead of looking for a government handout? I know plenty of people with emphysema that have jobs. At least illegals work.
Someone with emphysema is not lazy and you are so wrong that people with emphysema who can barely walk/breath can work. You know nothing about medical field and you are extremely uncaring and rude, cut it out!

Old 09-02-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TijuanaGringo View Post
I never said I supported breaking the law, but I feel for those who have to risk their lives and leave loved ones behind to come to America for a better life. I have visited Tijuana on many occasions, it's a city of over 1 million people, twenty minutes from Downtown San Diego. Many people live in shacks, basically made out of airplane hangar, there's numerous prostitutes, girls as young as 13, many who are the children kidnapped off the streets of Tijuana for the sex trade. There's orphanages, because there's orphans everywhere you go, and people scrape by financially, the city is dirt poor. Many poor families hang out in the city waste all day, looking for scraps of food to feed their family. You could go to the worst project in America, and it make itself to be Beverly Hills in comparision to Tijuana, and that's real. I don't support breaking the law, and I also don't support ignorance. I have compassion for illegal immigrants, because I know this goes on in all parts of Latin America, and people are simply looking for a better life, nothing more.
Americans have had periods in history and in the last 100 years where many were poor, scraping by with small shacks, no running water, dirty floors, outhouses, etc., but they did not decide to illegally sneak into another country to live. Hard working Americans did the best they could under harsh conditions and hoped and prayed for a better life, here.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Hypothetically speaking, if the illegals already here in the US were to be made "legal" through some form of legislation, would that not defeat the purpose of their presence in the US now? If I were an illegal demanding my rights - guess what? The first thing I'd do if I were "made legal" is start demanding and earning legal wages. Then who will 'pick the tomatoes and mow the lawns' for dirt wages?
You hit the nail on the head, and is why those for 'immigration reform' are anxious for the guest worker programs to fill all the low paying jobs, and it's also why they want open borders. However, things are about change in a big way.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Illegals have ALWAYS been in this country, for hundreds of years they've been building our nation's roads and highways, picking our fruits and vegetables, working in our kitchens, watching our kids, picking up our trash, landscaping Mitt Romney's mansions, etc...Illegal immigration is nothing new, and those 12-17 million are here to stay. Tough. Thats the price we pay for being the top dog. Now quit your whining, or else move to the border and start building a wall. Without illegals, it will take you a good 10-15 years. lol
Some illegals have always been in our country but much fewer in previous history; both Hoover and Eisenhower cracked down on illegal migration and sent back millions. The main people to have done all the jobs you mention are Americans including Blacks in their part of the country. I would not count on the illegals staying, things change. Americans out of work are desperate for any and all jobs, who do you think did the work before the invasions of illegals? Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration