Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:58 PM

447 posts, read 798,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TijuanaGringo View Post
I never said I supported breaking the law, but I feel for those who have to risk their lives and leave loved ones behind to come to America for a better life. I have visited Tijuana on many occasions, it's a city of over 1 million people, twenty minutes from Downtown San Diego. Many people live in shacks, basically made out of airplane hangar, there's numerous prostitutes, girls as young as 13, many who are the children kidnapped off the streets of Tijuana for the sex trade. There's orphanages, because there's orphans everywhere you go, and people scrape by financially, the city is dirt poor. Many poor families hang out in the city waste all day, looking for scraps of food to feed their family. You could go to the worst project in America, and it make itself to be Beverly Hills in comparision to Tijuana, and that's real. I don't support breaking the law, and I also don't support ignorance. I have compassion for illegal immigrants, because I know this goes on in all parts of Latin America, and people are simply looking for a better life, nothing more.
sure, i've been to tijuana, too...and yes it is really sad how some people have been forced to live, but instead of relying and depending on our nation to make things better for them by coming here illegally, then why don't the mexican people stand up, and demand these things from their government, and not force the american people to give it to them on a silver platter?
seems to me that that is what is happening all over the world...americans and their tax dollars are going to pay forever for systems that refuse to take care of their own..sad state of affairs if you ask me.
poor america,needs help, uninsured americans need healthcare, and where is the money going to? 12 or more million illegals who have chosen, in my opinion, to take it without permission by the american people, the voters and the taxpayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Every paycheck in America has an income tax on it, both federal and state, and to mention a social security tax, so most illegal immigrants do pay taxes. If you want to tell me again how they DO NOT pay taxes, please counter my argument. It has nothing to do with a false or real security number, taxes will be taken out of a paycheck NO MATTER what, unless an employer is breaking the law, not an employee. So if an illegal immigrant doesn't want to be paid their paycheck for his/her week's work, I guess they could reject the paycheck, thus not be paying taxes. But, who would do that.
most illegal immigrants do not pay taxes, because most illegal immigrants work under the table, and are paid by cash, this is the truth, ask anyone in the social security department, or employment office, or better yet, ask the news media or your congressmen, now if you want to counter my response, i would welcome it...if an illegal is paying taxes, then he or she has been documented in one form or another, and has the right to be here in this country, which then makes them a legal immigrant...or a visitor worker with the visa to work here...illegal immigration is a crime, whether you choose to believe it or not.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:45 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,923 times
I have total compassion for your stepfather. I can not believe the cold and uncaring responses some have given. Do they only have compassion for those breaking the law to come and sit their butts in our hospitals for handouts?

Old 09-03-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Every paycheck in America has an income tax on it, both federal and state, and to mention a social security tax, so most illegal immigrants do pay taxes.
Just where did you come up with this line of crap? This is a totally false statement. Many are day laborers and many employers will pay in cash or with the assumption that the employee will file their own taxes (ever heard of contract employees). Next time get your facts straight before stating something that is untrue.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:02 PM

So it's OK with you liberals to take the food out of my family's mouth to pay for these poor unfortunate illegal aliens. That's exactly what is happening. Why should my tax dollars go to pay for some illegal aliens family??? And as far as the prices of vegetables going up because you don't have "cheap" labor to pick them - who cares. The amount of tax money we'll save we can afford to pay more and give a fellow American the job at a decent wage. Wake up and THINK!

Old 09-03-2007, 04:45 PM

415 posts, read 1,961,203 times
Quote:
I never said I supported breaking the law, but I feel for those who have to risk their lives and leave loved ones behind to come to America for a better life. I have visited Tijuana on many occasions, it's a city of over 1 million people, twenty minutes from Downtown San Diego. Many people live in shacks, basically made out of airplane hangar, there's numerous prostitutes, girls as young as 13, many who are the children kidnapped off the streets of Tijuana for the sex trade. There's orphanages, because there's orphans everywhere you go, and people scrape by financially, the city is dirt poor. Many poor families hang out in the city waste all day, looking for scraps of food to feed their family. You could go to the worst project in America, and it make itself to be Beverly Hills in comparision to Tijuana, and that's real. I don't support breaking the law, and I also don't support ignorance. I have compassion for illegal immigrants, because I know this goes on in all parts of Latin America, and people are simply looking for a better life, nothing more.
Excuse me if I don't feel a bit sorry for them... If it's so bad there, FIX IT... Don't just run away like a coward and take the easy way out. THAT is true laziness.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:01 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Just heard on a newscast this evening that maintenance workers in NYC--including illegal immigrants-- are covered by unions, and make $22/hour, plus benefits. How is it possible that Americans will not take a job paying $22/hour? Apparently, the AFL-CiO is working to make sure illegal immigrants can be unionized. How is it possible for people who are working illegally to be covered by American unions? How is it possible that they are not fired and their employers not fined for hiring illegals instead of Americans?

Another thing I've noticed: Whenever I see a presidential candidate on television, taking questions from the audience, no one from the audience ever asks them about their position on illegal immigration. This doesn't make sense, since one of the leading concerns of Americans is illegal immigration. It appears that questions have been selected, beforehand, according to topic, and that all questions on illegal immigration have been censored out of the political campaigns. So much for democracy.

Start writing your legislators, people.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:03 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
most illegal immigrants do not pay taxes, because most illegal immigrants work under the table, and are paid by cash, this is the truth, ask anyone in the social security department, or employment office, or better yet, ask the news media or your congressmen, now if you want to counter my response, i would welcome it...if an illegal is paying taxes, then he or she has been documented in one form or another, and has the right to be here in this country, which then makes them a legal immigrant...or a visitor worker with the visa to work here...illegal immigration is a crime, whether you choose to believe it or not.
Vivski: Some illegal immigrants pay taxes because they have stolen Social Security numbers. Immigrants who have the right to work here legally are the only immigrants who have Social Security numbers.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:37 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
illegals do not pay taxes...
You are right, and one common tactic is to take their swiped SS number and declare 6 or 7 dependents so no income taxes are taken out. Others simply work for cash under the table. Either way, even if some do pay certain taxes that can't be avoided, like sales tax, they suck up far more in benefits than they contribute. In essence, illegals are economic terrorists. The steal a job, evade taxes, and send billions annually out of our country.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:47 PM

my point exactly..i and my husband are two of many victims who have been wrung out through the system with illegals who have shown stolen, or fraudulant social security numbers upon their arrests, and still, what happens to the illegal immigrant who does this? are they deported? are they arrested for social security fraud, or supplying authorities with false information? no...and why? my guess is as good as yours.
i wish more people would wake up and take a stand, i've written my congressmen, my senators, your senators, our president, the judge who released the man who almost killed my husband before establishing his identity even after he was proven to be an illegal immigrant,(my post is titled "drunk driver was illegal; immigrant") the d.a's office who handled the case...the list goes on and on, yet to my astonishment, nothing has been done, no vote on the immigration bill, no border fence, no deportations....just who do these elected officials work for? not us, apparently, because none of them are listening, or doing a damn thing to change this mess they have gotten us into, by turning a blind eye.
instead we have 12 million illegal immigrants in this nation and counting (not really sure who does this counting if they can't find them to deport them) all crying that it isn't fair that we won't give them the same rights that the average jack or jane american or legal immigrant has....poor poor illegal immigrant....feel sorry for them? not in the least
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration