Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 05:13 PM

799 posts, read 2,169,758 times

Advertisements

Were there deals made behind the backs of the American people, to allow illegal immigration to take over our nation?
What promises were made to Mexico, who encourages its people to come up here and work?
What is up with all the "Express money back to Mexico" joints all over the place?
If Mexico is so poor, how can they be buying our politicians so well, or...is it the rich (companies) who are buying them?

Our "representatives" are not representing us. It truly is "Taxation without representation."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 05:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Were DEALS MADE BEHIND OUR BACKS ?.....hmmmm--gee, I don't know....Is the Pope a Catholic?.....Does a bear "poop" in the woods?.....I've never actually seen the proof of this stuff...how should I know?......

Old 08-31-2007, 06:42 PM

Yeah...how would you know...but should you care? Yes.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:13 PM

149 posts, read 548,685 times
Conspiracy theories! Right up there with UFOs.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster View Post
Conspiracy theories! Right up there with UFOs.

yeah, sure - Vive le Canada - Timeline of the Progress Toward a North American Union (NAU) (broken link)

Old 08-31-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Heard that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
yeah, sure - Vive le Canada - Timeline of the Progress Toward a North American Union (NAU) (broken link)
I have heard that too, that our leaders want a North American Union, pretty much like the European Union.
It is like our leaders are playing Risk.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Were DEALS MADE BEHIND OUR BACKS ?.....hmmmm--gee, I don't know....Is the Pope a Catholic?.....Does a bear "poop" in the woods?.....I've never actually seen the proof of this stuff...how should I know?......
Translation, without using sarcasm:

"Yes, I do think that deals were made behind our backs---it is obvious that this is the case".....
(Just like the Pope is obviously a catholic, and a bear obviously "poops" in the woods, and I obviously DO know these facts).......

Old 09-01-2007, 08:23 AM

Maybe the best years of the United States of America, were just after it was founded.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post
Maybe the best years of the United States of America, were just after it was founded.
This simplistic statement undoubtedly contains much truth. When your back is to the wall, the wolf is at the door, and the whole world is against you, it's a simple task to be "focused", and to see the really important things in life.
200 years later, we have enough to eat, we (most of us) don't die from heat, cold, or arrows, and we have the "luxury" of sitting around, thinking up ways to "get into mischief", and to begin questioning our own motives. People operate best under adversity....but who would willingly choose it?...

Old 09-01-2007, 09:37 AM

791 posts, read 2,223,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post
Were there deals made behind the backs of the American people...

Our "representatives" are not representing us. It truly is "Taxation without representation."
Deals have ALWAYS been made behind the backs of the American people. The difference today is that we have much more access to information than at any other point in history and we're just learning how to use that access to the people's advantage. If there's any finger pointing to be done, they need to point at EVERY congressman/woman, EVERY administraton, at EVERY level of government, back as far as 1792, inclusive.

Just because some people have their feathers ruffled doesn't mean that all the fingers have to point to the one single guy in charge. Today is nothing different from yesterday. It's the same ol' BAU. Now, do something about it.

Congress... 535 reasons to support term limits, with no benefits and no grandfathering tenure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration