Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 10:00 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/10/us...ml?_r=1&ref=us

Quote:
Jose Luis Zelaya stood with a crowd of other students waiting to hear the news. It was election day at Texas A&M University here, and he was running for student body president. A victory for Mr. Zelaya, a 24-year-old graduate student from Honduras, would make history at Texas A&M: He would become its first Hispanic student body president — and the first illegal immigrant to hold the position.
Zelaya should be deported. He's in flagrant violation of our immigration laws. I can't imagine sneaking into Honduras, attending classes there without permission and then openly flaunting my actions in front of Honduran authorities. Why do so many illegals believe the solution to their problems is to violate American laws?

The article just goes on and on in the most ridiculous fashion. Illegals complain they feel unwelcomed here. Well gee break our laws and that's what happens.

Zelaya says he wants to be a teacher.

According to the Times we have an excess of teachers and not enough jobs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/20/ny...0teachers.html

Why the hell do we need to offer employment to a Honduran national? That's the last person I want teaching my kids: a criminal.

Last edited by Eleanora1; 03-10-2012 at 10:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 01:16 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Texas offers in-state tuition to illegals, and Rick Perry is all in favor of it.

It's sickening.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:18 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Yeah, a "criminal" who was fleeing a civil war and wanted to be with his family. What an awful human being, that guy.

You have to wonder who's really being awful here -- the illegals or the people who apparently have no sense of human feeling whatsoever.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yeah, a "criminal" who was fleeing a civil war and wanted to be with his family. What an awful human being, that guy.

You have to wonder who's really being awful here -- the illegals or the people who apparently have no sense of human feeling whatsoever.
So anyone should be allowed to break our immigration laws with impunity?

Why?

If things suck in his country he should work to make them better there instead of coming here. We have gang violence and abusive fathers right here in the United States. Does that give Americans permission to roam around the world ignoring reasonable laws at every turn? Much of the world is in turmoil. Should every person in the entire world have the right to attend a publicly funded American university? Or just this particular person who wants to take a job from an American in a field where we already have enough job seekers?

Tell me. What do you do? I'll be happy to import a few people at lower cost to do YOUR job. Then I'll call you nasty names when you object. Oh and I'll tax you to support them.

That would be fair, right?

Illegals and their supporters just think they can do whatever they hell they want here. They expect a civil society but they want the right to ignore the laws that make that civil society possible.

Hypocrites.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
So anyone should be allowed to break our immigration laws with impunity?

Why?

If things suck in his country he should work to make them better there instead of coming here. We have gang violence and abusive fathers right here in the United States. Does that give Americans permission to roam around the world ignoring reasonable laws at every turn? Much of the world is in turmoil. Should every person in the entire world have the right to attend a publicly funded American university? Or just this particular person who wants to take a job from an American in a field where we already have enough job seekers?

Tell me. What do you do? I'll be happy to import a few people at lower cost to do YOUR job. Then I'll call you nasty names when you object. Oh and I'll tax you to support them.

That would be fair, right?

Illegals and their supporters just think they can do whatever they hell they want here. They expect a civil society but they want the right to ignore the laws that make that civil society possible.

Hypocrites.
Don't you just love this "humanity" argument? Yet these same people couldn't care less if an American is displaced on his job by these illegal aliens, their taxes going through the roof to support them and many have been victims of crimes by illegal aliens also. Where is their compassion for them? I guess their humanitarian views are only for lawbreakers too cowardly to fix their own countries and nothing for American citizens. Most of these illegals aren't coming here on a refuge status anyway. They are here for economic gain at the expense of the American taxpayer and in violation of our immigration laws.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:18 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post

There are different status's called TPS and refugee for those seeking refuge from war torn nations. Hondurans can apply for protection status, if he fails to do so, who's fault is it really? Once TPS runs out, is he then still going to complain about having to go back to his country?

The issue I have is he didn't leave a war torn nation, he left for the following reason:
Quote:
Mr. Zelaya came to the United States at age 14, fleeing an abusive father and gang violence and hoping to reunite with his mother and sister in Houston.
Are his mother and sister here in violation of immigration laws as well? Is it awful to accuse others of not having the equivalent of your morals? Why did his mother leave him with the father to begin with? Morals are to early to claim on your part. Would it be morally acceptable to deport his mother and sister with him, since this will keep them all together? Or would it be better to simply deport him since he is of age?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration