Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 07:15 PM

23 posts, read 109,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
An Illegal Alien is an Illegal Alien. Case closed. If you didn't come here legally then you should be deported ASAP.
Your statement is definitely right, but not in the context of this discussion. The problem with the aliens is that they do not adapt to our life style, something that we cherish and preserve. US and Canada are great countries because we have sacrificed a lot to get where we are now. Aliens though are like a cancer, they jump on something good, ruin it and move on.

I think the legal status is irrelevant here. It just happens that people without legal rights for employment live deep below our standards and yet above the ones in their own country.

Status is nothing, the willingness to change is everything. If aliens had a work permit in the US and/or Canada, how many do you think would qualify for a good job.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:29 PM

81 posts, read 350,005 times
What a mess!!
It's gonna be great..all the illegals with licenses driving out to that lovely new ski resort in riverhead..what a sight!!
will the last to leave please take the flag..cause I'll be long gone!!

Old 09-22-2007, 07:35 PM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,589 times
Well who do you think is going to be working those McJobs anyway. They can't possibly ride their bikes to work. That would offend the sensibilities of the rich liberal a-holes who will be paying to use an indoor ski resort.

It kills me to see how much this country and Long Island has changed in only 25 years. Lets see, 25 years ago was 1982 - I wish it was 1982 again - Long Island was a much better place.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:43 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,868 times
Quote:
Well who do you think is going to be working those McJobs anyway. They can't possibly ride their bikes to work. That would offend the sensibilities of the rich liberal a-holes who will be paying to use an indoor ski resort.

It kills me to see how much this country and Long Island has changed in only 25 years. Lets see, 25 years ago was 1982 - I wish it was 1982 again - Long Island was a much better place.
I think you mean rich conservative aholes

Arent they the ones that invited them here by falling asleep with our borders and addicting us to slave labor?

C

Old 09-22-2007, 07:58 PM

Clamboy,

Quote:
I think you mean rich conservative aholes
Thats only half right. The other a-holes are rich multiculti liberals.

God help us if Hillary and friends get elected, but I don't want Rudy or McCain or even Romney. They all suck.

Quote:
There the ones that invited them here by falling asleep with our borders and addicting us to slave labor.
It was Lyndon Johnson, the worst scumbag president in American history, who gave out the invites. He signed the 1965 Immigration Bill into Law. He also did other things like lied to the American people about the Gulf of Tonkin incident - that war cost over 50,000 American dead. Bush, given enough time, might out scumbag the original scumbag though.

If we are addicted to slave labor will be heading into another Civil War. I mean a real civil war, not like the one between the states, but between the people. It would be a civil war to see who will control the government of the United States.

BTW I cut my own grass.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:58 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
First off, what is this pandering to illegals? Illegal is breaking the law and by letting them get driver's licenses it just enables them again to 'flout' their status. It's also a slap in the face to people who DO follow the law and came here legally.

Secondly, many of these people DO NOT carry insurance. I used to live in the Bay Shore area and there were roads you would not want to drive on because of all the illegals and accidents..you knew they would be out there without insurance. If you got hit on Fifth Avenue, for example, you were out of luck.

My mom was hit right in front of her house by someone without insurance (being chased by Suffolk County's finest).
In the end, she got zippo as the guy was uninsured and driving w/out a license.

You have to hate the welfare state...don't miss it. I don't regret moving and leaving all that illegal pandering behind.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:11 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,868 times
Quote:
Clamboy,

Thats only half right. The other a-holes are rich multiculti liberals.

God help us if Hillary and friends get elected, but I don't want Rudy or McCain or even Romney. They all suck.

It was Lyndon Johnson, the worst scumbag president in American history, who gave out the invites. He signed the 1965 Immigration Bill into Law. He also did other things like lied to the American people about the Gulf of Tonkin incident - that war cost over 50,000 American dead. Bush, given enough time, might out scumbag the original scumbag though.

If we are addicted to slave labor will be heading into another Civil War. I mean a real civil war, not like the one between the states, but between the people. It would be a civil war to see who will control the government of the United States.

BTW I cut my own grass.
Me too.

Thats a step in the right direction for LI regardless of where you sit politically.

Nixon Now

C

Old 09-22-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Nixon Now
He sucked also.

The last President that took border security seriously was probably Dwight D. Eisenhower. Ronald Reagan, who I loved, talked the talk, but then he gave us the 1986 Amnesty.

I say, check out Ron Paul.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:24 PM

14 posts, read 45,364 times
It really does get worse by the day here. The roads have most definitely become more dangerous because of illegal immigrants. I would say its because they do not follow the rules of the road, they more than likely do understand the signs, or they just don't care to understand them. I've heard it come straight from the mouth of a legal central american immigrant, "the roads where I come from are dirt." There is just a serious lack of respect for our land, law, and country. Nancythreader mentioned how things are thrown out of cars while they are driving. I have never seen so much filth on the roads and sidewalks of every town I drive through than I have this past year. The highways, local streets, it really is shameful. I visited Richmond VA a few weeks ago and as we were driving through a particular town, our company told us not to be nervous, we would be through it quickly, and my family (kids and all) had a good laugh. Their "wrong side of the tracks" town looked like they have a cleaning service come through morning, noon and night. I really believe it is a lack of respect and its from people who did not grow up here and who have nothing really vested in this place. I want to leave in the worst way, I'm just waiting for my husband to reach desperation level too.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
The roads have most definitely become more dangerous because of illegal immigrants.
If you think traffic is bad now wait until the estimated 500,000 to ONE-MILLION new illegal alien drivers are out there on ther oad. Expect your commute to get longer and more dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration