Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:49 AM

603 posts, read 1,947,700 times

Advertisements

I think it is ridiculous.What is this world coming to?

Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Sorry clammy, a little history is in order. While I agree that Bush has not handled the immigration mess very well, he didn't make the mess! Everyone here should google the '1965 Immigation Reform Act' and see how our short sighted politicians, led by Bobby and Ted Kennedy, changed this country forever with that one legislative act.
Sorry Joe

Nice try

This epidemic happened on the Dubya watch.
Ive watched the illegal population on LI triple since 2000

You gotta stop listening to Rush brother....or is it Savage?
(Did you know thats not "The News")

Please stop whining about the Democrats and stop blaming the Kennedys
They didnt sell America out....the Cheneys et al did.
This is an exercise in Greed pal.

Remember...unless youre a Native American, your the son of an Immigrant too.
1965 was a VERY different time.

Bottom line...
Theres nothing more BizFriendly than exploiting slave labor
Theres no one more BizFriendly then our current Republi-Cons

C

Last edited by clamboy; 09-22-2007 at 12:10 PM..

Old 09-22-2007, 12:06 PM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,589 times
What do the people on this thread think the impact of this will be on Long Island?

I think were going to see a rush of illegal immigrants from other states getting NY licenses and second we are going to see the multiplication of Farmingvilles all over the place.

I have already e-mailed my state assemblyman and state senator as well my Congressman.

I urge all of you to do the same.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:50 PM

I think its time for a REVOLUTION.

Quote:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and institute new Government
- Thomas Jefferson, 1776.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
I think its time for a REVOLUTION.

Quote:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and institute new Government
- Thomas Jefferson, 1776.
I think its time for everyone to mow their own goddamn lawns.

C

Old 09-22-2007, 04:59 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
Is that what awaits us all on Long Island?

sadly, yes.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:02 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
Sorry Joe

Nice try

This epidemic happened on the Dubya watch.
Ive watched the illegal population on LI triple since 2000

You gotta stop listening to Rush brother....or is it Savage?
(Did you know thats not "The News")

Please stop whining about the Democrats and stop blaming the Kennedys
They didnt sell America out....the Cheneys et al did.
This is an exercise in Greed pal.

Remember...unless youre a Native American, your the son of an Immigrant too.
1965 was a VERY different time.

Bottom line...
Theres nothing more BizFriendly than exploiting slave labor
Theres no one more BizFriendly then our current Republi-Cons

C

Gee, very sorry if I assumed you might actually let facts influence your positions. The 1965 act changed this countries entire immigation policy. Take 5 minutes away from this board and learn a little history. Yes, I am the grandson of immigrants, and with the 1965 restrictions, they probably would'nt be able to get here today. I'm intellectually honest enough to admit, as I said in my previous post, that Bush has dropped the ball on immigration. Can you be honest and admit that the politicians,including the sainted Kennedy's(sorry),who pushed for this legislation, did this country a huge disservice? I doubt it. I left Queens 20 years ago due to how the immigrants were changing my old neighborhood, and Brooklyn and the Bronx saw waves of new immigrants way before that. Don't see how even you can blame Bush for that.(but I'm sure you'll find a way!). LI isn't the whole world. Alot of things happening here now have taken place years ago in other places. Don't be afraid to expand your horizons. Oh, and please, stop drinking the coolaid brother!

Old 09-22-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Gee, very sorry if I assumed you might actually let facts influence your positions. The 1965 act changed this countries entire immigation policy. Take 5 minutes away from this board and learn a little history. Yes, I am the grandson of immigrants, and with the 1965 restrictions, they probably would'nt be able to get here today. I'm intellectually honest enough to admit, as I said in my previous post, that Bush has dropped the ball on immigration. Can you be honest and admit that the politicians,including the sainted Kennedy's(sorry),who pushed for this legislation, did this country a huge disservice? I doubt it. I left Queens 20 years ago due to how the immigrants were changing my old neighborhood, and Brooklyn and the Bronx saw waves of new immigrants way before that. Don't see how even you can blame Bush for that.(but I'm sure you'll find a way!). LI isn't the whole world. Alot of things happening here now have taken place years ago in other places. Don't be afraid to expand your horizons. Oh, and please, stop drinking the coolaid brother!
Oh my Dittohead friend.

Im so sorry youre slave to the backlash.
Unfortunately you're rooting for the team that mocks you behind closed doors at the Country Club.

As Ive said before....
What's the matter with Kansas? is whats the matter with L.I.

What's the Matter with Kansas? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regarding the NYC white flight of the 60s ...I blame Robert Moses.

Remember..as goes LI so goes the USA.

Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago?

Peace

C

PS
Greed ,left unchecked, is cancer.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:49 PM

23 posts, read 109,835 times
Are Canadians considered to be illigal aliens, or you only reffer to people from south of the US.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:52 PM

An Illegal Alien is an Illegal Alien. Case closed. If you didn't come here legally then you should be deported ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration