Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 01:39 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

I don't see any immigration enforcement law they would support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 01:54 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Of course not, it's that tribal mentality. Since when is enforcing our immigration laws "anti-American"? There are ways to enforce the part of sb1070 that was upheld by the SC. Police officers are trained to not stop anyone unless it is under lawful contact. Once that occurs the normal procedure regardless of ethicity you are asked for your DL or valid ID. If you don't have one your status in this country can be questioned. It is up the the accuser to prove they were racially profiled not the cop to prove that he didn't. Most of these types of claims never see the light of day because most of them are phoney claims.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:26 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,963 times
Most of the questions are going to come from traffic stops. LE can capture lights out, red light, and stop sign running, and weaving on their dash cams. If the driver has a valid ID, there'll be no problem as to immigation status. If not, they should be questioned. They'll have a hard time trying to prove they were stopped because of their looks though.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:35 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Most of the questions are going to come from traffic stops. LE can capture lights out, red light, and stop sign running, and weaving on their dash cams. If the driver has a valid ID, there'll be no problem as to immigation status. If not, they should be questioned. They'll have a hard time trying to prove they were stopped because of their looks though.
You may be right. Word has it that Cali IS nailing many illegal aliens like you described but the MSM won't talk much about it.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:23 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Is there an official meaning of “reasonably suspect” to have anyone "show papers"... This is a great article from Black Voice News:

“Show Your Papers” Provision is a Win for Harmful Policies and Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

Quote:
This means if you’re brown, you may be suspect.
They have some good points, I can see it now LE in AZ will be joking with the white Americans when issuing them traffic ticket "show me your papers hahahahahahaah".

Moderator cut: nazis ? really?? come on

Last edited by Yac; 07-02-2012 at 02:37 AM..

Old 06-30-2012, 08:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Is there an official meaning of “reasonably suspect” to have anyone "show papers"... This is a great article from Black Voice News:

“Show Your Papers” Provision is a Win for Harmful Policies and Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

They have some good points, I can see it now LE in AZ will be joking with the white Americans when issuing them traffic ticket "show me your papers hahahahahahaah".

This is a step back...to...
Utter nonsense and pro-illegal alien propaganda. We have given the meaning of "reaonably suspect" of being in this country ilegally and it is being stopped by LE for an unrelated crime or infraction of the law such as a traffic violation asking for ID and the suspect not being able to provide one. It hasn't a damned thing to so with race/ethnicity or skin color.

You can make up all the scenarios using white race based smears all you want but that doesn't make them so. You had the nerve so say that I was bashing Mexicans by telling you about a "real" scenario and yet you make this kind of a post up to an including implying that white Americans are Nazis? Hypocricy, much?

Old 06-30-2012, 11:17 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Of course not, it's that tribal mentality. Since when is enforcing our immigration laws "anti-American"? There are ways to enforce the part of sb1070 that was upheld by the SC. Police officers are trained to not stop anyone unless it is under lawful contact. Once that occurs the normal procedure regardless of ethicity you are asked for your DL or valid ID. If you don't have one your status in this country can be questioned. It is up the the accuser to prove they were racially profiled not the cop to prove that he didn't. Most of these types of claims never see the light of day because most of them are phoney claims.
I agree with both of you. The irony in all of this is that if we were to adhere to the irrationality of illegals and their supporters, they are totally immune to the laws that do not benefit them. When it comes to enforcement of our laws, when stopped, only Americans should be asked for identification.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
So if you run a red light and you are Hispanic it's profiling but if you are White it's not ?
Is that what this boils down to ?

Old 06-30-2012, 04:16 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I know.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:28 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

This is a step back...to...
You really had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to come up with this comparison of those of us against illegal immigration and Nazis, didn't you? You're insinuating we'd have them rounded up, and thrown in death camps. The thing is, you know this isn't true, so anything you have to say about illegal immigration needs to be taken with a grain of salt. We can only asume you'll be exagerating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration