Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 08:34 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The pic looks doctored to me. That said one individual hardly reflects the masses. Stereotyping abounds on this forum.
If we say whites are all rednecks because of a few does this make it true?
If we say blacks are all criminals because of a few does this make it true?
I would say hardly.
My wife is asian but my math skills are superior. The sterotype is that asians rule at math.
The protestor could have been a plant. We hear this every time a racist is photographed. I agree with the plant theory most of the time.
As for give us free. Well occupy wallstreet says the same crap.
Yes, stereotyping does exist by the defenders of illegal aliens in here. You have been in this forum a long time to know that many times we anti-illegals have been collectively called racists, xenophobes, haters, etc. Isn't that stereotyping also? Pot, kettle, black, tinman.

I have read and seen these defenders of illegal aliens post pictures and articles where apparently the KKK types were present at teaparty and other anti-illegal protests. They may or may not have been plants or were not invited at all but that doesn't stop the defenders of illegal aliens from stating that we agree with their agenda.

I could post a few pictures in here of brown supremists/reconquistas carrying signs like "whitey go back to Europe, you're here illegally" and they would be legitimate pictures, not doctored. Do they represent all defenders of illegal alien? No, but let's not say that these kinds of people don't exist and that both sides don't have their radicals.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:07 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
It's really hard to take people seriously when they need to resort to old chain emails to enlist support.

I received another chain email days ago that looked familiar. It had been re-doctored to update it with more current information. The original email was 6 years old.

If anyone wanted to know if anyone believes everything they read?

I forgot to add: That's the LA Times building in the background.

The original chain email purports to be taken in Phoenix. So it started out as a lie from the opening sentence.

Ironically, the source of the pictures is an illegal alien from the DREAMACT Portal. Whether it looks photoshopped or not is up to the viewer. It doesn't look photoshopped to me. That being said, I could pull up a dozen more photos similar with signage courtesy of racist illegal aliens primarily from Mexico. You should read what the illegal alien DREAMies (of other ethnicities) have to say about them.
I posted this link along when I began the thread. Reading really is fundamental and comprehension is priceless.

My boss sent me this link..im very sad and angry. - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Does the location really have anything to do with the message? Illegals are free to move around the US without fear of being arrested, free to demonstrate (travel from other states, such as Arizona, to California to join a demonstration), and apparently free to threaten police. Yet, I don't here you condemning the threat or is that just illegals exercising their right to freedom of speech and possibly it was just a poor choice of words as a result of their frustration from not getting what they perceive as "theirs"?

If Arabs publicly threatened to kill police, or citizens, or government agents, would that bother you, or do you think it is their "right" to freedom of speech?
My next protest sign will say "Photoshop what you want here, because I know if you have to resort to deception to prove your point, your cause against me is lost."...

Old 07-14-2012, 09:39 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,515 times
Quote:
Does the location really have anything to do with the message? Illegals are free to move around the US without fear of being arrested, free to demonstrate (travel from other states, such as Arizona, to California to join a demonstration), and apparently free to threaten police. Yet, I don't here you condemning the threat or is that just illegals exercising their right to freedom of speech and possibly it was just a poor choice of words as a result of their frustration from not getting what they perceive as "theirs"?

If Arabs publicly threatened to kill police, or citizens, or government agents, would that bother you, or do you think it is their "right" to freedom of speech?
It has more to do with the Messenger. I don;t like the idea of Illegal aliens doing anything within our borders. The irony is this. Many that have touted their Protect The Border doctrines, have some very powerful friends (read Doners), that hire these illegals.

I do not condone any threats made by anyone, much less illegals. But in promoting fake garbage chain emails, you do demean and marginalize the cause. I can make any claims I want, and assign blame to anyone I want for making those claims. But I prefer real information, real facts, and prefer to devote attention to real problems where they exist.

People lie so much nowadays, it's very hard to take any of their causes and beliefs seriously. Lying has become the true, bipartisan sport of our era. Congrats on lowering the bar even more.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:40 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, stereotyping does exist by the defenders of illegal aliens in here. You have been in this forum a long time to know that many times we anti-illegals have been collectively called racists, xenophobes, haters, etc. Isn't that stereotyping also? Pot, kettle, black, tinman.

I have read and seen these defenders of illegal aliens post pictures and articles where apparently the KKK types were present at teaparty and other anti-illegal protests. They may or may not have been plants or were not invited at all but that doesn't stop the defenders of illegal aliens from stating that we agree with their agenda.

I could post a few pictures in here of brown supremists/reconquistas carrying signs like "whitey go back to Europe, you're here illegally" and they would be legitimate pictures, not doctored. Do they represent all defenders of illegal alien? No, but let's not say that these kinds of people don't exist and that both sides don't have their radicals.
So the total sum of your defence for stereo typing is " they do it too?"
Now if one reads my post I dont support stereotyping no matter who does it.
Did I say they don't exist? No Did I infer that they don't exist? No
Why does everything on this forum have to be an either or situation? Black or white?

Old 07-14-2012, 07:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So the total sum of your defence for stereo typing is " they do it too?"
Now if one reads my post I dont support stereotyping no matter who does it.
Did I say they don't exist? No Did I infer that they don't exist? No
Why does everything on this forum have to be an either or situation? Black or white?
I wasn't defending stereotyping myself but you pointed out the stereotyping by the anti-illegals in here but failed to acknowledge that the pro-illegal aliens have done it also. That was my point of which I guess you missed.

Can we count on you to also chastize the pro-illegals in here the next time they stereotype all of us anti-illegals as racists, xenophobes, etc.?

Old 07-14-2012, 07:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
No
Mexico owes u
Go home
If u shoot us we shoot back
Go home

Old 07-15-2012, 05:04 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
My next protest sign will say "Photoshop what you want here, because I know if you have to resort to deception to prove your point, your cause against me is lost."...
Please post the original photo that was used to photoshop the photo posted.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:13 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
It has more to do with the Messenger. I don;t like the idea of Illegal aliens doing anything within our borders. The irony is this. Many that have touted their Protect The Border doctrines, have some very powerful friends (read Doners), that hire these illegals.

I do not condone any threats made by anyone, much less illegals. But in promoting fake garbage chain emails, you do demean and marginalize the cause. I can make any claims I want, and assign blame to anyone I want for making those claims. But I prefer real information, real facts, and prefer to devote attention to real problems where they exist.

People lie so much nowadays, it's very hard to take any of their causes and beliefs seriously. Lying has become the true, bipartisan sport of our era. Congrats on lowering the bar even more.

This is the first I have seen this photo. I guess I was omitted from the chain mail list that was used when this photo was released. Since you are convinced that the photo has been altered, can you provide the original unaltered photo?

I would like to know where I have "lied" and how I lowered the bar? I'm fascinated by the fact that only you know what is true and what isn't.

I searched "Doners" and the only thing that came up is that it has something to do with a type of kabob.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:57 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Please post the original photo that was used to photoshop the photo posted.

Of course it is the voice of the same illegal aliens/supporters attempting to discredit something they dislike with nothing credible to justify their claim of fraud.

I'd like for one of them to post the unaltered "original" photo as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration