Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 02:00 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't see the problem of taking them along. Lot's of people move to different countries every day, including the kids.
True. But the argument made by the illegal parent(s) is that the US is the only country their children know (regardless of their age or the fact that the children can't speak English) and there are those who (blindly) support that argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 02:08 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yet just yesterday the NYT told of parents leaving their kids in Mexico and coming to the US to live and work.

I guess the crocodile tears come depending on which direction you are crossing the border ?
Pack up the kids with the parents and deport them all.
On Border Wars tonight a woman was arrested trying to enter the US with a false ID. She stated she was on her way to join her sister, and had left two children behind in Mexico.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
I honestly think they don't care too much about their kids if they are going to break our law leave their kids

Old 08-28-2012, 07:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Yet just yesterday the NYT told of parents leaving their kids in Mexico and coming to the US to live and work.

I guess the crocodile tears come depending on which direction you are crossing the border ?
Actually many do. There are illegals who don't want welfare handouts and know that the low-paying jobs they've taken won't support a family here. They also won't turn their kids over to the cartel smugglers because they know what can happen to the kids.

You can almost sympathize with those who really just want to get into a better financial situation through working hard -- and those who don't come for the government handouts are a better type of illegal -- however their children really need the parent in the home, the money might seem great but it doesn't replace having a parent in the home even if that parent always remembers to send money back.

I think the solution for the non-welfare types of illegals would be to get the H2A visas and return home to their families because these visas are for temporary work. The smuggling of children needs to end.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
On Border Wars tonight a woman was arrested trying to enter the US with a false ID. She stated she was on her way to join her sister, and had left two children behind in Mexico.
What was her excuse? That she would be able to send money back to Mexico so that her children could "have a better life"? Then you have the flip side from those who send their children off to the US "to have a better life".

They leave their children behind, then when they get to the US go on to have more. It appears that those left behind obviously have little or no value compared to the US born children who can bring in the welfare.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:

Indeed. The children born in the US (citizens) can return to the US upon adulthood when they are able to become productive members of society.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
The children should be with the Mother, but we know how this story goes. The consequences of actions that are illegal, should be taken into consideration before entering this Country illegally.

I feel no responsibility to keep the children here, although, i understand how some might feel. The actions are illegal and morally wrong, it is the responsibility of the parent's who break the law to get here, that are responsible.

What other Country is so dang generous with taking in illegals, and feeding them, and putting a roof over their heads too.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:07 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I don't even get the "logic" of the whole argument. If I gave birth to a child, in Israel, and my Visa was up, I would leave, and take my child with me. The issue here, is that we give free housing to a one month old child, even though, the rest of the family is illegal. We give food stamps to a one month old child, cash benefits to a one month old, and medical coverage for both the baby, and Mother, during birth. And the baby, on Medicaid. So...really, what is the incentive to take this child back to country of origin? None. No wonder they fight so much to stay here, even though the parents are not legal. They use the child as a sheild, to get benefits.

The system is the problem, not the folks using it.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:23 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
"How can my country allow a mother to not be with her children----" Molina asks.

Isn't that the problem? This isn't her country.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:56 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
They can take them with them or deposit them in the nearest trash can once they geT BACK ACROSS THE BORDER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration