Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

Seems like he is on a roll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
I'm sorry, but since they didn't request refugee status and weren't approved prior to coming here they are illegal immigrants and need to be deported. Wet foot, dry foot needs to be ended also. Come the legal way or don't come at all. We don't have the jobs and resources for all these people anymore than we do for the DACA recipients.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:34 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
One Haitian whose deportation was stayed by Obama was Kesler Dufrene, a twice-convicted felon and illegal alien who murdered three people, including a 15-year-old girl last year.

Though an immigration judge ordered that Dufrene be deported when he got out of prison for burglary in October 2010, but due to the TPS, immigration authorities in Miami had no choice but to release the illegal alien back onto the streets.
Oh, I thought DHS was deporting the "violent" criminals, and only the "otherwise law-abiding" are off-limits.

Although this is nothing but window dressing to give the appearance of impartial treatment to non-Hispanics, this is outrageous, and will only result in the victimization of more citizens. Why on earth is the government allowing murderers to be set free, only to murder again? He has already proven to be a cold-blooded killer. Does he need to become a serial killer to be considered a threat to this country? Sadly, we have no idea how many of these reprobates are living in our communities.

None of these illegals will ever be returned to Haiti. They'll remain here indefinitely just like the hundreds of thousands here on so-called TPS from Honduras, El Salvador, Sudan, Nicaragua and Somalia. We can expect the same outcome for the Syrians. And, let's not forget, these folks are also eligible for welfare, food stamps, and other tax-funded benefits.

Why are we obligated to provide for these people well after they are able to return home? People from Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua have been here for more than a decade living off of U.S. taxpayers. This is in addition to the billions of dollars in foreign aid we send to those countries. When is enough, enough? TPS is a blatant lie. Temporary doesn't mean forever.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm sorry, but since they didn't request refugee status and weren't approved prior to coming here they are illegal immigrants and need to be deported. Wet foot, dry foot needs to be ended also. Come the legal way or don't come at all. We don't have the jobs and resources for all these people anymore than we do for the DACA recipients.
I couldn't agree more. The U.S. has allowed itself to be used long enough. We are still spending countless millions of tax funds on the "criminally insane" who entered during the Mariel Boatlift. What other country would allow thousands of rapists and murderers to be dumped on its shores, and agree to take them with open arms? And, make no mistake, their accommodations rival some country clubs, while our own war veterans are homeless and sleeping on park benches. Not to mention, the disgraceful release from mental institutions of countless mentally ill citizens who were left to fend for themselves. Yet, we continue to provide the best psychiatric care for Castro's discarded mentally ill. Just the thought makes me sick.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I couldn't agree more. The U.S. has allowed itself to be used long enough. We are still spending countless millions of tax funds on the "criminally insane" who entered during the Mariel Boatlift. What other country would allow thousands of rapists and murderers to be dumped on its shores, and agree to take them with open arms? And, make no mistake, their accommodations rival some country clubs, while our own war veterans are homeless and sleeping on park benches. Not to mention, the disgraceful release from mental institutions of countless mentally ill citizens who were left to fend for themselves. Yet, we continue to provide the best psychiatric care for Castro's discarded mentally ill. Just the thought makes me sick.
Well said, I can't rep. you yet, but. it's in the mail.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:14 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, I thought DHS was deporting the "violent" criminals, and only the "otherwise law-abiding" are off-limits.

Although this is nothing but window dressing to give the appearance of impartial treatment to non-Hispanics, this is outrageous, and will only result in the victimization of more citizens. Why on earth is the government allowing murderers to be set free, only to murder again? He has already proven to be a cold-blooded killer. Does he need to become a serial killer to be considered a threat to this country? Sadly, we have no idea how many of these reprobates are living in our communities.

None of these illegals will ever be returned to Haiti. They'll remain here indefinitely just like the hundreds of thousands here on so-called TPS from Honduras, El Salvador, Sudan, Nicaragua and Somalia. We can expect the same outcome for the Syrians. And, let's not forget, these folks are also eligible for welfare, food stamps, and other tax-funded benefits.

Why are we obligated to provide for these people well after they are able to return home? People from Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua have been here for more than a decade living off of U.S. taxpayers. This is in addition to the billions of dollars in foreign aid we send to those countries. When is enough, enough? TPS is a blatant lie. Temporary doesn't mean forever.
Apparently when it comes to refugees it does. These people will never be sent home. Just like illegal aliens, they'll become established, have jobs, homes, families, etc., making it 'cruel' to deport them, so they'll be given some sort of permanent residency status. They might as well call it what it is: Permanent Protected Status.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Well said, I can't rep. you yet, but. it's in the mail.
Cute. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Apparently when it comes to refugees it does. These people will never be sent home. Just like illegal aliens, they'll become established, have jobs, homes, families, etc., making it 'cruel' to deport them, so they'll be given some sort of permanent residency status. They might as well call it what it is: Permanent Protected Status.
If the government operated with a shred of honesty, that's exactly what it would be called. I have yet to hear of anyone here on TPS being returned to their country. It's a farce, and everyone knows it.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,963 times
I think the next big fight by illegal aliens, and their supporters, will be to get the two year DACA reprieve extended. Did anyone else notice that La Raza has been awfully quiet about it being for two years only? I know they can't be happy about that, so I'm guessing they'll wait until eveyone is signed up, then start working on getting it extended.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:41 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
I think the next big fight by illegal aliens, and their supporters, will be to get the two year DACA reprieve extended. Did anyone else notice that La Raza has been awfully quiet about it being for two years only? I know they can't be happy about that, so I'm guessing they'll wait until eveyone is signed up, then start working on getting it extended.
After that La Raza will work on getting their parents amnestied arguing that the families shouldn't be separated. The handwriting in on the wall.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Luis Gutierrez let the cat out the bag when he said their 2-year deferred action is "irreversible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
After that La Raza will work on getting their parents amnestied arguing that the families shouldn't be separated. The handwriting in on the wall.
Exactly. Obama promised he would not separate families. So, I think it is safe to assume he will grant deferred action to every illegal who "claims" to have a citizen relative. I think we all know 99.9% will make that claim. Heck, I'm sure babies are now being conceived for just that purpose. Not to mention, the fake birth certificates they can easily obtain to create a citizen relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration