Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 05:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
We are so on the same page. Sadly, I think if one of their relatives was maimed or killed by an illegal, if it happened during an election cycle said candidate would forgive the illegal if he voted for him.
And i know a motorcycle rider who was last year. Judge let him off. Drunken illegal driver, hit this motorcyclist we know of head on.

The guy is a mess, in every possible way, plate in his legs, his arms, his hands, his head. He was almost killed, yet the stupid ass yes stupid ass judge, let the guy off.

Explain to me, how this happens please, for i will never understand it.

We sometimes don't or can't fantom anything as this, until something happens, and that is sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 05:34 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I had an Asian make a left (25 ft.) in front of me, just as I reached the intersection at 30MPH. Her child wasn't seat belted in (the child was standing in the passenger seat crying). She also didn't have her license and PoI, so she left her child in the care of my passenger while she hoofed it to her home a block away to get them.

She was driving a brand new Mercedes, my lawyers found was borrowed. She spoke no english and the police didn't arrest her, even though she walked away from the scene, and back after they (the cops) were on scene.

----

Fast forward a few years:

My dually was parked in front of my home, when at 1am a car tore into it at 40MPH (the cops estimated). My truck saved the life of the Dominoes pizza delivery guy who also happened to be an uninsured illegal alien, driving an almost new Volvo, which just happened be... borrowed.

Since my now totalled truck was parked, and he was uninsured, I was screwed. BTW, he didn't speak english, wasn't insured, and the cops didn't arrest him.

California easily rivals Illinois for crazyness. If I had been at fault for any of the accidents, (I've had 4 involving illegals so far) with no insurance, I would have been tossed in jail.
'

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. What I don't understand is how or why they get away scott free. At the very least they should be fined and held in custody for deportation. Do your insurance rates skyrocket with every accident?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:36 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It's mind-boggling. Why isn't Obama addressing these senseless acts of violence occurring on a regular basis in Chicago and other cities across this country? Why isn't this issue as important to him as DACA for illegal aliens? And, not a word is mentioned by the MSM. Why?
Because he needs their votes and could care less about the horror that the average American endures at the hands of illegals.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:47 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Because he needs their votes and could care less about the horror that the average American endures at the hands of illegals.
He has much blood on his hands due to his shameful pandering. If he had a conscience, he wouldn't be able to sleep at night. But, since he obviously doesn't, I'm sure he sleeps like a baby being rocked by a loving mother.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:02 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
'

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. What I don't understand is how or why they get away scott free. At the very least they should be fined and held in custody for deportation. Do your insurance rates skyrocket with every accident?
Yes, that's what I thought the law says. See, illegals are allowed to break the laws, while we citizens are slaves to them. Illegals are useless to the judicial money machine... I mean, the justice system. <<<that's an oxymoron is it not?

In the first instance I had to submit it and her insurance company paid, not mine. She has since been ticketed for not wearing a seat belt and child safety violations. She failed to appear and a bench warrant had been issued.

In the second case, I didn't have uninsured motorist and the truck was parked. The guy came back, out of guilt I suppose, and gave me $150 (laugh)... I sold my $18k truck as a wreck for $1400 and ate the rest.

I now have gold standard coverage on my cars. I learned my lesson.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Nothing but speculation to indicate that illegals are more responsible for hit and runs than legals.

If this were true, LA, Miami, Houston and NY would have more hit/runs cause they have higher ratios of illegals.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:30 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

I now have gold standard coverage on my cars. I learned my lesson.
So do I; I haven't had a substantial loss due to an accident involving an uninsured illegal scumbag, but I don't want to take any chances.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:00 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Nothing but speculation to indicate that illegals are more responsible for hit and runs than legals.

If this were true, LA, Miami, Houston and NY would have more hit/runs cause they have higher ratios of illegals.

Quote:
According to a FARS report the top seven states with the largest populations of illegal immigrants are the top hit-and-run fatalities states. AAA found that unlicensed drivers are 66.36 times more likely to be a hit-and-run driver than a licensed driver. All these statistics show the association between unlicensed drivers and the hit-and-run.
Hit-and-Run Accident Statistics

Quote:
The number of hit-and-run accidents in Los Angeles is four times higher than the national average, with one in five fatal crashes involving an unlicensed driver, according to a new report.

“In Los Angeles in terms of hit-and-runs, it’s way outside the norm,” said Rosenberg.
Report: Illegal Drivers Behind High Hit-And-Run Rate In LA « CBS Los Angeles

You were saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration