Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 10:30 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I don't think he will either. He'll pass amnesty with the same vigor in which he closed Guantanemo.

Megalomaniacs like Obama will say anything to get the sucker votes from minorities. He doesn't give a crap about them. Once they've voted, they will have exhausted their usefulness to him.
That's what I'm hoping. He'll promise anything to get their votes. Since he can't run again, it won't matter if he loses their support. But, he might be ordered by his handlers to "try" to pass CIR to secure the Hispanic vote for other Democrats. I think we all know illegals only benefit greedy employers as long as they remain illegal. Amnesty would defeat the purpose. That is, with the exception of groups like SEIU who rely heavily on dues paid by illegals. It won't make a difference to them whether they're legal or illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/n...e-elected.html

Unless he plans a "deferred action" for all illegals through an Executive Order, I would like to know how he will accomplish this. Even then, he can't legalize their status. Perhaps he has forgotten most citizens oppose amnesty.
Obama is also telling the La Raza groups that he intends to override the Supreme Court on Arizona laws. Obama does not intend to abide by the balance of powers with Congress making the laws and his job is to execute the laws. His oath of office meant nothing. He plans to single-handedly put an end to all immigration laws of this country at least when it comes to those from Mexico and Central America.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
That's what I'm hoping. He'll promise anything to get their votes. Since he can't run again, it won't matter if he loses their support. But, he might be ordered by his handlers to "try" to pass CIR to secure the Hispanic vote for other Democrats. I think we all know illegals only benefit greedy employers as long as they remain illegal. Amnesty would defeat the purpose. That is, with the exception of groups like SEIU who rely heavily on dues paid by illegals. It won't make a difference to them whether they're legal or illegal.
Illegals believe Obama is like some kind of king who will accomplish all their demands. He's promising them college, easy citizenship --- the whole enchilada. They adore him of course.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama is also telling the La Raza groups that he intends to override the Supreme Court on Arizona laws. Obama does not intend to abide by the balance of powers with Congress making the laws and his job is to execute the laws. His oath of office meant nothing. He plans to single-handedly put an end to all immigration laws of this country at least when it comes to those from Mexico and Central America.
He thinks he's a dictator. Sadly, Congress is doing nothing to stop him. They know he overstepped his bounds with DACA. Yet, they sat idly by and watched, too afraid of offending illegals and their Hispanic voting bloc. It's sickening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Illegals believe Obama is like some kind of king who will accomplish all their demands. He's promising them college, easy citizenship --- the whole enchilada. They adore him of course.
Yes, in their delusional minds, he's the best thing since sliced bread. Such fools. He doesn't give a damn about them. He only wants the votes from their supporters to remain in power. Of course, some illegals will also vote for Obama.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:27 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Please provide proof for your "farce" accusation.
Well for one, what looks like a blatant misquote of the President. Here's the quote in reference.

Quote:
“The second thing I’m confident we’ll get done next year is immigration reform. And since this is off the record, I will just be very blunt. Should I win a second term, a big reason I will win a second term is because the Republican nominee and the Republican Party have so alienated the fastest-growing demographic group in the country, the Latino community. And this is a relatively new phenomenon. George Bush and Karl Rove were smart enough to understand the changing nature of America. And so I am fairly confident that they’re going to have a deep interest in getting that done.”
He didn't say "amnesty". He said "immigration reform".

Big difference.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...abc7_blog.html

Old 10-29-2012, 12:59 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Well for one, what looks like a blatant misquote of the President. Here's the quote in reference.

Big difference.

In that Des Moines Register interview, Obama makes an unusually clear case - The Plum Line - The Washington Post
Actually, any so-called CIR would include an amnesty. Obama has no intention of sending any illegal immigrants home unless they are convicted felons. He has already ordered Homeland Security not to. It depends on what one calls an amnesty. In his description of CIR there is no difference between that an amnesty. To me anything that allows them to remain here without returning to their home countries first and apply like everyone else is amnesty. If ID theft is going to be just forgiven and not prosecuted like any American would be then that is amnesty. Reform would be changing our laws not just dismissing them like they never existed.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:

Big difference.

In that Des Moines Register interview, Obama makes an unusually clear case - The Plum Line - The Washington Post
The last time I checked, "amnesty" means a pardon, reprieve, forgiveness for a violation. Untold millions of illegal aliens are here in flagrant violation of our laws. They have committed ID theft, fraud, tax evasion, and other crimes to live in this country illegally. The so-called Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR) is simply a euphemism for Amnesty, just as "undocumented" is a euphemism for illegal alien.

Obama and others always avoid saying amnesty, because we were promised after the 1986 amnesty our laws would be strictly enforced, our borders would be secured, and there would be zero tolerance for immigration violators. We were also guaranteed there would never be another amnesty. All lies!

CIR is indeed amnesty. None will be required to return home, and all will be legalized without going through the established legal process. Both they and their unscrupulous employers will be pardoned for breaking numerous immigration, IRS, and labor laws. If that isn't amnesty, please tell me what is.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, any so-called CIR would include an amnesty. Obama has no intention of sending any illegal immigrants home unless they are convicted felons. He has already ordered Homeland Security not to. It depends on what one calls an amnesty. In his description of CIR there is no difference between that an amnesty. To me anything that allows them to remain here without returning to their home countries first and apply like everyone else is amnesty. If ID theft is going to be just forgiven and not prosecuted like any American would be then that is amnesty. Reform would be changing our laws not just dismissing them like they never existed.
Absolutely! Actually, it shouldn't even be called immigration reform, because it has very little impact on legal immigration. The sole purpose of this bill is to legalize illegal aliens and pardon them for violating our immigration and criminal laws. As you stated, unlike illegals, if a citizen was found guilty of ID theft, he/she would be fined, imprisoned, forfeit all ill-gotten gains, and required to pay restitution to their victims.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:54 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
The last time I checked, "amnesty" means a pardon, reprieve, forgiveness for a violation. Untold millions of illegal aliens are here in flagrant violation of our laws. They have committed ID theft, fraud, tax evasion, and other crimes to live in this country illegally. The so-called Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR) is simply a euphemism for Amnesty, just as "undocumented" is a euphemism for illegal alien.

Obama and others always avoid saying amnesty, because we were promised after the 1986 amnesty our laws would be strictly enforced, our borders would be secured, and there would be zero tolerance for immigration violators. We were also guaranteed there would never be another amnesty. All lies!

CIR is indeed amnesty. None will be required to return home, and all will be legalized without going through the established legal process. Both they and their unscrupulous employers will be pardoned for breaking numerous immigration, IRS, and labor laws. If that isn't amnesty, please tell me what is.
Not if you're talking about the DREAM Act.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Not if you're talking about the DREAM Act.
But, we are not talking about the DREAM Act.

Even the DREAM Act pardons those here in violation of our laws. And, in case you don't know, they are not children. They are adults who have been working using stolen and fake IDs, just like their parents. Visit the DREAM Act Portal Forum for an enlightening experience. There you will read about their theft, fraud, and myriad other criminal behavior. The only difference between them and their parents, is "most" were brought here as minors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration