Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 06:43 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,682,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
Translation: let every third world South American and Mexican come to this country any time.

Blaming America again here for situations in the dump Mexico.
And to think the OP supposedly served in the Military... It makes you wonder which country he holds allegiance to.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:45 AM

63,003 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The comparable addiction levels would really surprise you, of course we've seen how you respond to actually statistics (teen pregnancy is also low compared to the U.S.). But this really isn't about that, is it? You guys are disingenuous and bringing up other issues even yourself to define this "invasion" outside the boundaries of just illegal immigration.
It doesn't matter how Mexico compares to the U.S. in drug addiction. It is mostly Mexicans and those from other Latino countries that are the suppliers. As for teen pregnancy most of the stats provided in here in regards to that are about Mexican/Hispanic teens living here, not in Mexico.

Please tell us how we are defining this invasion other than from illegal immigration. Why do you focus on all the issues above while totally disregarding the meat of the matter which is that millions of mostly Mexicans are here illegally and the negative impacts from that? Oh I forgot you don't answer most questions posed to you in here.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:34 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times
Quote:
You're drunk in your anonymity here at City-Data, with comments beyond the pale. Proposing war by the United States against an entire non-hostile nation means it is no longer about illegal immigration for you. My family and millions of other Mexicans have not done any harm to you or any other person in this country.

I'm surprised that anyone would post a supporting comment on your remarks, not the condemnation it deserves. However, I think we need to have a much wider viewership of what you have said. Thank You for the captured image that I will retain long after we hear the snap of Yac taking care of some business here.
Uh; maybe not "15 million" but; close to 10 million from Mexico here ILLEGALLY plus their US born anchor babies IS an invasion IMHO. Sheesh!

Back on topic: Mexico needs to shut up about how we try to catch and deport illegal aliens; it's well known that Mexico don't play nice with illegal Guatemalans.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:40 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times
Quote:
Then why did the United States invade Mexico under the premise of "Manifest Destiny"?...

What is the first step we do in your "war", invade (again), and seize Mexico City? Words just come out of you with no restraint of reality, when only your keyboard has to be concerned with how tough you actually are. You brought it up, stop being such a wimp and say what more what you will do about it than whine.
Uh, which has NOTHING to do with the OP's post.

Tho Texas did what Guatemala did 1st and kicked Mexico out. But I don't hear Mexico about wanting Guatemala back.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,850,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
And to think the OP supposedly served in the Military... It makes you wonder which country he holds allegiance to.
Why are we debating whether "All American NYC" had any military service? Often veterans will abhor any idea of war after they serve. They see firsthand what war actually is, and usually look for paths of how it can be avoided later.

But the discussion shouldn't get into any personal attacks based on that potential service he may have had...

Old 12-29-2012, 12:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Why are we debating whether "All American NYC" had any military service? Often veterans will abhor any idea of war after they serve. They see firsthand what war actually is, and usually look for paths of how it can be avoided later.

But the discussion shouldn't get into any personal attacks based on that potential service he may have had...
IBM and I have had many private discussions in regards to the military and service. I for one do not question IBM's service or loyalty to our nation. I may disagree on IBM's solutions or ideas on the topic of Illegal immigration but never his sense of patriotism. I see personal attacks leveled at his family more times than I can count. I have yet to see IBM respond in kind.
In order for a solution or understanding to be achieved one must want to be reasonable. Personal attacks which are forbidden on the forum are not a way to get ones point accross. After this post I imagine some attacks towards me will be forth coming as they have in the past. IBM's family by all accounts are here legally. The fact that they are hispanic or even Mexican does not matter.
I avoid this forum for the most part because quite honestly so many of the posters spew rhetoric that would be considered insane by any rational human being. Calls for war with Mexico? Calls for shoot on sight of illegals?
I am anti-illegal and I am anti-drug cartel but I do believe in our laws and constitution.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
Translation: let every third world South American and Mexican come to this country any time...
Thinking that the current staffing of Border Patrol and military on the border is capable enough is some sort of "open border" view? Apprehensions are at a thirty year low, with the Border Patrol at the highest number of agents ever, doubling every twenty years. It's at a point of diminishing returns (above $6,000 spent just by the DoD for each arrest), but we have the loss of perspective here to call that "open borders", and are now talking about beating the drums of war.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,573,570 times
Quote:
Thinking that the current staffing of Border Patrol and military on the border is capable enough is some sort of "open border" view? Apprehensions are at a thirty year low, with the Border Patrol at the highest number of agents ever, doubling every twenty years. It's at a point of diminishing returns (above $6,000 spent just by the DoD for each arrest), but we have the loss of perspective here to call that "open borders", and are now talking about beating the drums of war.
Could it be, because DHS now refuses to make apprehension a priority? I have never considered apprehensions reliable for determining the number of illegals entering this country, especially considering for every one illegal caught, at least three or four probably escaped detection. Not to mention, we have at least 800,000 illegals scheduled for deportation, including violent criminals, who are now mysteriously unaccounted for by our pandering government. That certainly doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Illegal immigration is out of control, and everyone knows it. And, our border "security" is a joke. Otherwise, we wouldn't have such a gaping revolving door. Illegals wouldn't get deported on numerous occasions if the border is secure, would they?

Old 12-29-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Could it be, because DHS now refuses to make apprehension a priority? I have never considered apprehensions reliable for determining the number of illegals entering this country, especially considering for every one illegal caught, at least three or four probably escaped detection. Not to mention, we have at least 800,000 illegals scheduled for deportation, including violent criminals, who are now mysteriously unaccounted for by our pandering government. That certainly doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Illegal immigration is out of control, and everyone knows it. And, our border "security" is a joke. Otherwise, we wouldn't have such a gaping revolving door. Illegals wouldn't get deported on numerous occasions if the border is secure, would they?
There isn't any sudden shifts to the Border Patrol apprehensions, just a steady decrease since 2005. We have far more agents, far better detection means, and more fencing that any other time in history. I reject the notion that for every one caught there are three or four that get through.

The claims of malfeasance on very professional Border Patrol agents, CBP officers, and DHS staff to label the job they do as a "joke" does them a disservice. If you were anywhere close to living on the border you can see those measures put in place. But you've had those whispers put in your ear here, and you believe it compared to all the statistics out there stating otherwise.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:02 PM

63,003 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
IBM and I have had many private discussions in regards to the military and service. I for one do not question IBM's service or loyalty to our nation. I may disagree on IBM's solutions or ideas on the topic of Illegal immigration but never his sense of patriotism. I see personal attacks leveled at his family more times than I can count. I have yet to see IBM respond in kind.
In order for a solution or understanding to be achieved one must want to be reasonable. Personal attacks which are forbidden on the forum are not a way to get ones point accross. After this post I imagine some attacks towards me will be forth coming as they have in the past. IBM's family by all accounts are here legally. The fact that they are hispanic or even Mexican does not matter.
I avoid this forum for the most part because quite honestly so many of the posters spew rhetoric that would be considered insane by any rational human being. Calls for war with Mexico? Calls for shoot on sight of illegals?
I am anti-illegal and I am anti-drug cartel but I do believe in our laws and constitution.
I didn't question his service or loyalty. What I asked him is how he could join our military when he claims that the U.S. is essentially a land grabbbing thief. He is trying to claim that the U.S. stole land from Mexico a long time ago and has hinted that Mexicans should have a right to come here at will because of that and that in a sense it is the rest of us that are here illegally. If I had negative sentiments/opinions about our country's past I certainly wouldn't want to be a hypocrite and join our military. It was merely a question that he failed to answer in any satisfactory way. Why defend the constitution of a country that you apparently are holding resentment towards?

I don't recall one member in here hinting that you or IBM's wives or families are here illegally. One can be influenced by their spouse's political views or background, however. If that isn't the case here then so be it. If that person would offer up a viable reason why they defend Mexican illegal immigrants and the invasion of our borders then that thought wouldn't cross our minds. Refusing to anwer any questions in that regard makes one wonder all sorts of things. Why not own up to one's viewpoint and be proud to do so then and the suspicions won't arise. I am certainly not ashamed of my views and will say exactly why I feel the way I do on illegal immigration and my reasons also. There lays the difference.

Last edited by Oldglory; 12-29-2012 at 03:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration