Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 07:42 PM

543 posts, read 1,228,103 times

Advertisements

I just heard on the news today that illegals are stealing identities, working with that identity, and the person who has been victimized has to pay the income taxes! What is up with that?
Did not hear how this was being done, perhaps they are stealing mail?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:09 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
I just heard on the news today that illegals are stealing identities, working with that identity, and the person who has been victimized has to pay the income taxes! What is up with that?
Did not hear how this was being done, perhaps they are stealing mail?
Wow, that is awful! I hadn't heard that the victims were responsible for paying the income tax. That doesn't seem very fair. I do know that they raided several meat packing plants in the midwest and found a LOT of illegals working in them. The company is trying to get out of the huge fines by saying they knew nothing about it and that they all had stolen ID's.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:32 AM

292 posts, read 725,506 times
Exclamation identity theft

That's why I own a shredder and destroy any and all of my personal information on bills, etc. This includes any receipts from any place that displays my entire debit card number--yes some places are that inept. It shouldn't be stressed any further that a majority of thefts come from fast food places--the exact same places where the illegal element is dominant throughout the southern US. All they do is use your number and charge it on credit and produce a phony signature. Thus, if there's alot of illegals at a place and they operate the registers, etc I suggest avoiding it altogether or pay in cash.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:29 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Hmmm, that's okay. They can be me and I'll be them and get free health care, free schooling and get Bank of America to issue me a credit card!!!!

Old 02-18-2007, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,552 times
Thumbs down Not True...

I Myself Am A Mexican, Born In U.s. I Really Dont Agree On That Subject....illegal Aliens Don't Steal. If They Do How, I Mean They Have No Access To Anything And Just Because Their Illegal Aliens Does Not Mean That Their Going To Go Around Stealing Out Of Peoples Pocket Or Going Into Their Homes And Steal A Credit Card, When They Hardly Dont Even Know How To Use One. What I'm Trying To Say Is That There Are Alot Of Residents Here Already, And The Only Way That They Can Help Someone Illegal Is By Letting Them Borrow Their Own Social Security , The Person That Gets All The Income In The End Of The Year Is The Person That Has The Resident Card. And That Is Called Stealing.

Old 02-18-2007, 04:32 PM

569 posts, read 1,229,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz_preciouz13 View Post
I Myself Am A Mexican, Born In U.s.
May I point out that if you were born in the U.S., you are an American, not a Mexican.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:01 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
I Myself Am A Mexican, Born In U.s. I Really Dont Agree On That Subject....illegal Aliens Don't Steal. If They Do How, I Mean They Have No Access To Anything And Just Because Their Illegal Aliens Does Not Mean That Their Going To Go Around Stealing Out Of Peoples Pocket Or Going Into Their Homes And Steal A Credit Card, When They Hardly Dont Even Know How To Use One. What I'm Trying To Say Is That There Are Alot Of Residents Here Already, And The Only Way That They Can Help Someone Illegal Is By Letting Them Borrow Their Own Social Security , The Person That Gets All The Income In The End Of The Year Is The Person That Has The Resident Card. And That Is Called Stealing.
They are not stupid, there are people that they can buy things from. Fake SS#, stolen from others. They do steal. When they go to an ER and have a baby, then give fake name and ss# then get out of paying the bill. NO ONE in their right mind would let someone borrow their SS#. They give these SS# numbers to their employers or sometimes are paid under the table. There is a how to book in Mexico from what I understand.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:05 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
They've been doing this for awhile. They steal SS#'s. They arrested a bunch in my town for Identity theft. Yes, they were illegals.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:16 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
If illegal aliens do not commit identity theft, please explain these cases involving US citizens:

1.Barbara Vidlak of Omaha: In early Nov. she received a letter stating that her children, ages 10 and 11, could not receive public health insurance anymore because she earned too much money.
Vidlak, who is divorced, works at a nursing home. The gov claimed she earned $13,000 working at a hotel. Vidlak had never been employed there. She went to the hotel thinking a mistake had been made and called police when she realized her identity had been stolen.
"I was petrified," Vidlak said. "What about credit cards, doctor bills, what else? I didn't know it was so easy to get my Social Security number."
An illegal alien told authorities that she bought the ID - a counterfeit alien registration card with Vidlak's personal information - from someone in south Omaha. Ms. Vilak had to pay for a credit check and lost wages when she had to appear in court. Her telephone was shut off when she had to use the money to pay for expenses related to the ID theft. The govt has refused to issue Ms. Vidlak a new SS#. Who knows how long it will be before someone else buys her identity?

2. David Lazarus, a reporter in San Fransisco had his SS# stolen. The illega alien used it to open 9 credit cards and apply for jobs.

3.Nancy Law of CO began receiving notices for payment of taxes for various jobs she held, like working in a Denver tortilla factory. She is a fifth grade teacher and has never worked making tortilas. Trying to get his straightened out with the IRS and other agencies involves LOTS of time and paperwork. What did Ms Law do to deserve this?

http://tancredo.house.gov/irc/crime.html (broken link)

Old 02-19-2007, 09:22 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times
Whoa, I thought some Americans did that to!(Identity Theft)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration