Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:50 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peasantrock View Post
Wal-Mart & every other store has scanners with UPC data for every product in the store. The government just needs to simply make a Social Security scanner, make it available to citizens that wish to go after these illegals. You can find out if their illegal right then & there by checking for fake or stolen numbers. As far as these brian dead cholo "Gang Banger's" it would be best to have a small group of Neo-Minutemen traveling together well armed. I think the thought of that alone will get the little Roaches scattering back to the border. If anybody (American Citizens) start getting hurt than we'll declare all out war on these foreign invaders. It sounds harsh but think about what will become of our country in another 15-20 years if we do nothing? I mean it's obvious that our government has no intention of stopping it. AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK FROM WITH IN!!! STOP THE INVASION OF MEXICO BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!!!!!!
How exactly do you intend this scanner idea to work? A code on the back of the Social Security card or some kind of implant. Either way I don't think it would work out that well. Especially if it was an implant. To many Biblical implications for that to ever fly. But you are absolutely right as far as your post goes. We have been invaded and with our government's blessing. If we go out and start trying to arrest them, we will just end up in trouble ourselves because the powers that be don't want them to go. They are price and wage control. Plain and simple. The rich love them and the rich run this country. That is why it so often seems like the law is on their side instead of ours. Because they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 10:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
If the Police don't have a reliable means of determining the citizenship or immigration status of an individual, I don't see how an individual interested in doing an immigration/citizenship check on a 'suspect' is going to do it.

With that said, if anyone walked up to me and asked me if I was a citizen, I'd ask him to prove his first. Then, after he proves his, I'd ask for a copy so I could prove its authenticity. Or maybe I'd simply tell him he is brave because with all the identity theft out there, he is taking a significant risk carrying such important documents on his person.

I wonder where the citizen's arrest would occur. At a business location such as a supermarket or Disneyland? Would a private entity such as those allow such activity on their premises?

Maybe it could happen out on the street. Would there be checkpoints set up by individuals? Maybe they could do it at freeway offramps. You know, kind of like the guy who walks back and forth trying to sell oranges, in the meantime there could be a guy going back and forth pointing at drivers saying, "Citizen? Legal?"

Maybe it could happen in our neighborhoods where, like Jehovah's Witnesses, you get a knock on the door. Can I ignore the door?

Citizen arrests? I have a better idea - how about our government do it's job.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:09 PM

5 posts, read 12,407 times
Can you say racial profiling? Alot of mexicans in the us have green cards,work visas,some are even born in the us but have mexican parents. This is a very stupid idea considering the us is made of immigrants....

Old 08-09-2008, 06:28 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,928,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingPCB View Post
Can you say racial profiling? Alot of mexicans in the us have green cards,work visas,some are even born in the us but have mexican parents. This is a very stupid idea considering the us is made of immigrants....
The majority of illegals in our country happens to be from SOB and happen to be Mestizo. Racial profiling or color profiling makes perfect sense. they should add anyone that happens to be Asian along with that profiling.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
The majority of illegals in our country happens to be from SOB and happen to be Mestizo. Racial profiling or color profiling makes perfect sense. they should add anyone that happens to be Asian along with that profiling.
Citizen arrests? Uh, yeah.... After a few false arrests, mistaken identities, and a lot of aimless confusion, the whole dog and pony show will end. Racial profiling? If anyone walks up to me demanding to know my citizenship/immigration status, I will laugh in his face...

Old 08-09-2008, 08:20 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peasantrock View Post
Wal-Mart & every other store has scanners with UPC data for every product in the store. The government just needs to simply make a Social Security scanner, make it available to citizens that wish to go after these illegals. You can find out if their illegal right then & there by checking for fake or stolen numbers. As far as these brian dead cholo "Gang Banger's" it would be best to have a small group of Neo-Minutemen traveling together well armed. I think the thought of that alone will get the little Roaches scattering back to the border. If anybody (American Citizens) start getting hurt than we'll declare all out war on these foreign invaders. It sounds harsh but think about what will become of our country in another 15-20 years if we do nothing? I mean it's obvious that our government has no intention of stopping it. AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK FROM WITH IN!!! STOP THE INVASION OF MEXICO BEFORE IT'S TO LATE!!!!!!
You might want to think clearly about your suggestion, I doubt if the government would appreciate it. Remember how they dealt with Ruby Ridge? I would be surprised if they would want a bunch of vigilantes running around with guns.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:41 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,609,315 times
Opening a can of worms...You get it wrong and citizen arrest another American then you have just committed a felony yourself. False imprisonment or even kidnapping...plus add the lawsuit that would surely come along with such an act.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:10 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,679 times
Terrible idea. Imagine the danger Americans would put themselves in trying to citizen's arrest people, as well as the danger to illegal immigrants from unsupervised and untrained vigilantes?

Putting the misguided ambitions of the "Minutemen" aside, at least they have their tactics right. They merely act as spotters who radio authorities when they spot a person crossing the border.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,094 times
I think this is the only solution to this problem. The government is bought and paid for by corporations who just love illegal immigrants since it works in their favor of supply and demand, but against the citizens. I whole heartedly support this idea, which is why I googled it and found this page.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:07 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,244,079 times
I would beat the hell out of you if you try to arrest me for the way I look.

This is the stupidest thread ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration