Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:49 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Illinois Democratic Party called me a racist about this

People say oddball things on web forums and none of us knows whether the person is telling the truth, or not. We each make the determination as to the truthfulness of what someone says. I've made my determination.

But if you really did call someone, and if they responded to you as you claim they did ... then I'm left to interpret what happened. Given the rest of your posting, I'm assuming you'd have said something you haven't shared with us which warranted the response you said you received.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I called the Illinois Democratic Party and said I opposed Amnesty and that I felt it was a smack in the face to Americans and legal immigrants. My paternal grandmother was married to an American (my grandfather)yet she still had to jump through hoops come here from England. The woman on the phone said this: "you just don't want Hispanic people you are a racist, they are just as American as you". She then hung up the phone.

Yep the new one is because you disapprove of illegal amnesty you are a racist. Sorry but I don't want any group of ILLEGALS (remember: illegal means against the law)coming here breaking laws then getting rewarded I don't care the race.
What a cow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Apparently the woman on the phone equates illegal with hispanic -- that's racist.
LOL, exactly!

Old 06-25-2013, 11:35 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

People say oddball things on web forums and none of us knows whether the person is telling the truth, or not. We each make the determination as to the truthfulness of what someone says. I've made my determination.

But if you really did call someone, and if they responded to you as you claim they did ... then I'm left to interpret what happened. Given the rest of your posting, I'm assuming you'd have said something you haven't shared with us which warranted the response you said you received.
Nope I shared everything. The Illinois Democratic Party is VERY liberal.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:59 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Evidence of such would be the state's perpetual downward spiral as we circle the toilet bowl.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:56 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
I called the Illinois Democratic Party and said I opposed Amnesty and that I felt it was a smack in the face to Americans and legal immigrants. My paternal grandmother was married to an American (my grandfather)yet she still had to jump through hoops come here from England. The woman on the phone said this: "you just don't want Hispanic people you are a racist, they are just as American as you". She then hung up the phone.

Yep the new one is because you disapprove of illegal amnesty you are a racist. Sorry but I don't want any group of ILLEGALS (remember: illegal means against the law)coming here breaking laws then getting rewarded I don't care the race.
The indoctrination is thick and heavy, a nation of dolts. Sorry you were hung up on.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:22 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:

Why didn't you call the Republican party, the Republican tea party senator from Illinois supported the immigration bill

I get it, Republicans supporting amnesty is cool, super cool.

Senator Mark Kirk says he will back immigration bill | abc7chicago.com

Old 06-29-2013, 02:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:

You should have asked them since when did "illegal alien" become a race. It's a criminal way of life, but not a race.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Why didn't you call the Republican party, the Republican tea party senator from Illinois supported the immigration bill

I get it, Republicans supporting amnesty is cool, super cool.

Senator Mark Kirk says he will back immigration bill | abc7chicago.com
Mark Kirk isn't a tea party Republican.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
I used to be a Democrat and am ashamed I ever was.
The same is true about President Reagan(the bolded) but to be fair, he never said that he was ashamed to be a Democrat.

I was a democrat! - YouTube

Old 06-30-2013, 06:03 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Mark Kirk isn't a tea party Republican.
It seems that on the pro-illegal side they always try to claim that any GOPer who opposes amnesty is a also a Teaparty member even if they are not. They do this because they hate both the GOP and the Teaparty so they can demonize both at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration