Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 08:31 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,438,345 times

Advertisements

I started this thread because even though, because we might have different views about illegal immigration and that's ok.

But sometimes I feel bad when I read these kind of threads

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...legal-wth.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...osts-http.html

specially when people stay with the idea that, that is Mexican thought

You know, I feel bad about illegal immigration, but I feel worse if people remain with the wrong idea of Mexican culture or Mexican citizens.

I wish there were more people from Mexico here, citizens so you could know what I'm talking about, but please as your friend think about this don't judge Mexico for the illegal immigrants

I promise you my friends that if I ever hear anyone from any country saying something about America without having met an american I'm gonna defend you tooth and nail

I wish we had more control over who just breaks in, but the truth is we don't, although if I ever meet a person with those ideas I'm gonna lecture him/her on why it's wrong. There aren't many would be emigrants where I live though.

But hey, look at our country, it's us the middle class, who break our backs everyday the ones who are turning things around.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-24-2007 at 08:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 09:39 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,150,468 times
The Mexican government seems to positively encourage illegal immigration to the USA, even printing guides for migrants; and they seem to have no trouble telling us when and how to enforce OUR laws.

I don't have a problem with Mexican people as long as they don't immigrate illegally to this country. The government, OTOH, can kiss my rear.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
probably quoting your own great benito juarez is the best response to your post.
el respecto al derecho ajeno el la pas
the respect to the rights of the foreigner is peace
you need to respect our laws.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
I don't think most people object to Mexican citizens. They object to illegal immigrants. Most people of normal intelligence understand the difference.
The problem is two-fold..
(1) MOST illegal immigrants to the US ARE Mexicans---mostly that's just economics and geography...
and (2) The word "Mexican" itself is often misused...it can mean (A)a citizen of Mexico---(B) a Mexican-American (C) a person who APPEARS to be a mestizo.....and these are often used interchangeably, by ALL groups in the US. Even the "Mexican" community is guilty---how many people have said "I'm an American, but I'm a Mexican too"....or "The other day I saw a policeman stop a Mexican driver"...etc etc. Even people who technically know better, still misuse the term.

Add to this the fact that there is a lot of anger and frustration over illegal immigration, and you get a lot of misunderstandings. But most people do recognize that ALL illegals immigrants are not Mexican---that ALL Mexicans aren't illegal (there are many LEGAL Mexican immigrants to the US)---and that a FEW Mexicans actually LIVE IN MEXICO !! (No, I won't tell you the "Olympics" joke...)

Old 11-24-2007, 10:24 PM

323 posts, read 742,246 times
You know. I do think ILLEGALS are to blame for a lot that the LEGALS endure. After this mass invasion.

My family and I go to El Reys in Gainesboro TN. The owner has 3 restaurants now. We have gotten to know him quite well and he calls my daughter Princess. One day we did talk about the illegal invasion. He is very upset and angered by them. So why are we thought of as bad or too angry if LEGAL immigrants are just as angry? Others that work there and his family are just as much against illegals as we are.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
probably quoting your own great benito juarez is the best response to your post.
el respecto al derecho ajeno el la pas
the respect to the rights of the foreigner is peace
you need to respect our laws.
I agree with you bunky 100% but what about the Mexican citizens who respect them?

You know I've never gone to the USA ilegally, I have my visa, it wasn't a cakewalk to get it but I managed to get one, and thousands of my friends have done the same thing, that's why I think that people from the USA should know that the big majority of Mexico's population do respect laws.

Sometimes I feel bad about illegal immigration I accept it, this comes from the heart ok? I feel sad for everybody, for those who have been affected by illegal immigrants and for the people who become illegal

Sometimes I have to accept being 100% honest that I get to think, my friends from America are right, they have the right to protect their country and their laws should be respected actually think in this, Mexican citizens are affected by illegal immigration too, how? well we need visas to enter to the USA when we can enter to 98% of the countries of the world without them, now there is a growing prejudice against people from Mexican origin legal or not because of this, but then other times a deep part inside of me rebels and screams, wake up!! this is not right there should be free flow between countries all of them, we are all human beings and brothers, let's heal the world let the divine energy of love unite ourselves.

Please friends with the heart understand my confusion, and know that even though I have these internal struggles from time to time, I wish nothing but the best to everybody of you.

You are my dear brothers you know? there is no Mexican or American, or Chinese, or German or Whatever in my heart, I love you all, love and light for all mankind!

God bless us all

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-25-2007 at 07:21 AM..

Old 11-25-2007, 07:53 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I started this thread because even though, because we might have different views about illegal immigration and that's ok.

You know, I feel bad about illegal immigration, but I feel worse if people remain with the wrong idea of Mexican culture or Mexican citizens.

I wish there were more people from Mexico here, citizens so you could know what I'm talking about, but please as your friend think about this don't judge Mexico for the illegal immigrants

I promise you my friends that if I ever hear anyone from any country saying something about America without having met an american I'm gonna defend you tooth and nail

I wish we had more control over who just breaks in, but the truth is we don't, although if I ever meet a person with those ideas I'm gonna lecture him/her on why it's wrong. There aren't many would be emigrants where I live though.

But hey, look at our country, it's us the middle class, who break our backs everyday the ones who are turning things around.

actually I don't care what a person's culture is...and respect and admire them, plus other religions....but the word is respect

and I believe illegal is another word...which is without respect....I can understand a plight of wanting to make a person's world better for themselves and their families...but what most cannot accept is the fact that illegal is against the law...or should be and most of our politicians are corrupt anymore, and know that they can obtain the mexican vote...therefore, none of them enforce the laws on illegal immigration. Bush played a facade and started to build a fence, but I worked construction and this fence he is building stopped, it doesn't take that long to build a fence and get a new immigration system in place. But what most American's cannot deal with is, that since illegal immigration is illegal, yet these people who come here and are illegal have rights to obtain loans, go to hospitals and receive free medical attention...pay no taxes...etc....not fair.

I believe if all illegals made an attempt to become an american citizen and be a participting member of the community, no one would really care...yanno?

Old 11-25-2007, 08:35 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

You talk about the Mexican culture, I can see the Mexican culture Spray painted all over the walls of Los Angeles and where ever they live. and I can see the Mexican culture in are jails and prisons.
is the Mexican culture like this in mexico? to the Mexicans treat Mexico like they do America ?

Old 11-25-2007, 08:41 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,928,893 times
My neighbors (across the street) are from Mexico and I wouldn't trade them for anyone. I have NOTHING against Mexicans. The simple fact is that most of those immigrating here illegally are from Mexico, and for decades the Mexican government has been a strong proponent of illegal immigration. There is where my problem lies, not with those honest, hard working citizens of Mexico or the ones who immigrate here legally. They (legal Mexican residents and those of Mexican descent that have become citizens) have my sympathy, because I'm sure the backlash from illegal immigration has affected them negatively.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
You talk about the Mexican culture, I can see the Mexican culture Spray painted all over the walls of Los Angeles and where ever they live. and I can see the Mexican culture in are jails and prisons.
is the Mexican culture like this in mexico? to the Mexicans treat Mexico like they do Armerica?
This is Mexican culture,

Disclaimer the photos presented here aren't in any way meant to create any profit or disrespect copyright laws.

Fair use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moderator cut: possible copyright violation

I'm sorry but such disclaimers are not enough from the legal point of view. We have no way of knowing who these pictures belong to. It is better to post links to the whole websites, instead

Last edited by Marka; 12-04-2007 at 06:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration