Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 03:57 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I was talking about one gang robbing another gang.....
right. if they all robbed each other back and forth, the money would eventually all be spent, seeing as how they all have living expenses, just like the rest of us. there has to be a source of general income, like jobs.

im not trying to stereotype gang members here. some are way worse than others. some deal drugs as a sole means of income. others, they work jobs like you and me. you should avoid stereotyping as well. it isnt an accurate representation of real world happenings.

Quote:
It's racist for you to think we can't understand what you are saying about someone without telling us thier color of skin.
well thats fine. i can withdrawl that statement if you like. it certainly wasnt intended to come across racist, as i have no hate for any particular race.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
they're PROBABLY coming into california????? that's a joke right
i dont think he was joking. seeing as how they are in the geographic vicinity of oklahoma, it would make sense that they go somewhere closer, like texas or new mexico. although im sure some may come to california, it is impossible to track their migration. any guesses, at this point, are purely speculative.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Oklahomas law is great and is having the desired impact.

Arizona's law, directed at employers, goes into effect shortly.

There will be some who feel an adverse impact - such as this store owner. But, they will adjust.

Kudos to the State of Oklahoma -

Old 11-29-2007, 04:23 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i can agree with blame towards the government. the thing is, we can allocate resources towards deportation and defense, leaving mexico to fend for itself, with a consistent threat of illegal immigration regardless, OR we can renegotiate trade agreements, help bolster the peso and the mexican working class (benefitting both nations), and truly kill incentives to work in america at all.

its just my belief that you can not only attack the problem in a peaceful manner, but an intelligent one as well.
first off we don't "allocate resources towards deportation and defense" , we allocate resources to finding and harshly prosecuting the sleazy employers that hire illegals. we eliminate ALL government hand outs to illegals. then we watch them self deport. it will also permanantly eliminate that consistent threat of illegal immigration you talk about

also it's the damn mexican governments job to help the mexican working class NOT OURS. that government has been a mess for centuries. it's time their people went home and started demanding change......already

Old 11-29-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Oklahoma's economy could continue to suffer because of anti-illegal immigration laws.
could but won't

also, look at all that money oklahoma's going to save in government handouts

Old 11-29-2007, 04:39 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Oklahoma's economy could continue to suffer because of anti-illegal immigration laws.
Nope - won't happen

Old 11-29-2007, 04:45 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
could but won't

also, look at all that money oklahoma's going to save in government handouts
Actually, I'm a moderator on the Oklahoma forum, and the increase in traffic to that forum has increased greatly in the last couple of months since this law has become known to the public. Most all of these people are from the west coast looking to get away from the mess that is California. I see Oklahoma making out quite well in the long-run as people from all races and cultures who are against illegal immigration move there.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
im from california, too... and ive had no problems whatsoever. i have friends that are brown as it gets too. some are in gangs (but they tend to only war with each other, otherwise theyre pretty nice guys), and a lot of my time is spent in barrio logan, a local city that is pretty much the closest thing to mexico in america. great food, great people, clean streets and parks, and friendliness abound.
"some are in gangs" but "freindliness abound". "some are in gangs but they tend to only war with each other" . "some are in gangs" but "otherwise they're pretty nice guys" war, gangs, nice guys, great people, friendliness abound??? WHAT THE @#$&#!!!!!!!!!!!!

i fear we may have a broken elevator here

Old 11-29-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
"some are in gangs" but "freindliness abound". "some are in gangs but they tend to only war with each other" . "some are in gangs" but "otherwise they're pretty nice guys" war, gangs, nice guys, great people, friendliness abound??? WHAT THE @#$&#!!!!!!!!!!!!

i fear we may have a broken elevator here
i think we may have a stereotype of a "gang member" here.

most of the people that live there arent associated with gang activity. but thats not to say gang members cant be friendly, nice, and kempt. equally, non-gang members can be dirty jerks.

nothing i said is untrue.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
first off we don't "allocate resources towards deportation and defense" , we allocate resources to finding and harshly prosecuting the sleazy employers that hire illegals.
im saying that currently we do fund agencies that devote resources towards deportation processes, and defense against the act of illegal immigration. this is a fact.

Quote:
we eliminate ALL government hand outs to illegals. then we watch them self deport. it will also permanantly eliminate that consistent threat of illegal immigration you talk about.
if so many are using stolen or forged documentation, how do you tell who is illegal? the refusal of healthcare service to anyone is prohibited by federal law. are you suggesting we pick and choose which laws we follow based on a personal belief of their merit and effectiveness? (i know i am, just in the opposite direction)

and where is your guarantee that they will self-deport? for many, receiving handouts isnt the primary factor in staying in america. the fact that the standard of living is higher and that the currency is worth so much more are the primary factors. that means we can either devalue our dollar, or up the value of the peso, if we want to take away that incentive for immigrating. it also means we can lower our quality of life, or help raise mexico's, in order to take away that incentive for immigrating. what do you think?

Quote:
also it's the damn mexican governments job to help the mexican working class NOT OURS. that government has been a mess for centuries. it's time their people went home and started demanding change......already
ive said this a lot already, but ill repeat it. immigration is an individual act. taking on a government requires unification that is WAY easier said than done. coupled with the fact that the rebel army in mexico has had many casualties (and not much success) trying to fight the government, what makes you think the average unarmed citizen (guns are illegal in mexico) is going to have the resources to stand up against an entire corrupt government? the united states has the power to make effective change, whether diplomatically or by force (i prefer the former). immigration is obviously our problem, too.. so what are we going to do about it? trying to shut the door on all of them has proven itself horribly ineffective. isnt it time to try an alternate means? maybe something with a little more brain and a little less brawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration