Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:43 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
LOL! I just left Texas after almost 26 years. Illegals have taken over ~ if you want to call that "booming" ~ and if all the illegals make it the "largest" ~ well you can have it! Texas is becoming another California. Sad....

**How'd the Longhorns make out this season??** :-)
Where did you live? In the Rio Grande Valley? One person posted on this site that moving from the East Coast to Texas (the Valley) was the worst decision his father made and wanted to get out desperately. I had to mention that the Valley doesn't represent all of Texas because after all it's a big state!

Old 11-28-2007, 11:02 PM

640 posts, read 461,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Where did you live? In the Rio Grande Valley? One person posted on this site that moving from the East Coast to Texas (the Valley) was the worst decision his father made and wanted to get out desperately. I had to mention that the Valley doesn't represent all of Texas because after all it's a big state!
Houston for 10 years; Dallas for 18 years ~ plus I worked a day or two each workweek in San Antonio and Corpus and Austin. I was born in Texas, I have still have family and friends in Texas. I know Texas and it is on the verge of being the next Mexico...

(Sorry all ~ I don't mean to be off-topic...)

Old 11-28-2007, 11:46 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,885 times
Oklahoma's economy could continue to suffer because of anti-illegal immigration laws.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:53 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
Even if Oklahoma has some sort of minor economic downturn because of these fair and balanced laws, it's what's best for the state and the nation.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:09 AM

While I believe illegal immigration is breaking the law, trying to punish them with any law possible is not a positive route. They should be given a path to citizenship, paying fine, learn English, take American history classes. These little weiney laws aren't going to do anything, their just going to migrate to another state.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:15 AM

323 posts, read 742,138 times
Not if every state enacts the same laws

Old 11-29-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
While I believe illegal immigration is breaking the law, trying to punish them with any law possible is not a positive route. They should be given a path to citizenship, paying fine, learn English, take American history classes. These little weiney laws aren't going to do anything, their just going to migrate to another state.

Punishing illegals with the law is exactly what should be done, as well as seizer of all assets, followed by jail time.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker Fallen Angel View Post
Even if those laws pass in every state, people ain't going back to Mexico. Been to Mexico first hand, trust me any place in America is worth staying than the slums of Mexico. I think alot of people in the United States are ignorant to diversity, I live in California, and have no real problem or threats from illegal immigrants. I think some of this is closet racism and bitterness towards illegals.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker Fallen Angel View Post

I agree, plus a little jail time in a tent city jail the way Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Arizona does it. He figures it costs less than a quarter a day to feed them the outdated green baloney sandwiches that he does.

It's always important to keep in mind that these illegal aliens are criminals, and should be treated as such.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 AM

323 posts, read 742,138 times
I am not racist. But I do believe that ANYONE from any country that are here illegally should not be here. The racist card again. I have a lot of friends from a lot of different countries, religions, races. I have no problem with ANYONE as long as they don't break the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration