Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 11:37 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well then you should check the numerous posts and topics where I have mentioned the employers, e-verify, stiff fines,etc.

Where did I just focus on one aspect? Selective reading perhaps? What I said is that jobs aren"t the only magnet that brings them here. They can still have better life by producing new citizens because then they can tap into our welfare coffers. It has to be a three-fold plan. Ending the job magnets ,benefits and birthright citizenship. You're wrong, with birthright citizenship for their kids it brings a lot of benefits into play.

Why not target them along with employers? They are equally guilty. Why would you consider them the innocents in all of this? No one has the right to a better life by breaking laws and bringing hardship on others aka American citizens and their families.
On this thread you haven't mentioned businesses, all posts should be based on this thread. Businesses want them here, which is why true reform will likely never happen.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:59 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
or
Mandatory E-verify for all employers and landlords. Make the fines so harsh that it simply isn't worth the risk.
Make life impossible for illegals.
No need for big money pork projects. No need for a massive build up in ICE agents or border patrol and certainly no need to reward illegals for their crimes.
I have always advocated for employment EV. Cant EV housing.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:51 PM

62,960 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
On this thread you haven't mentioned businesses, all posts should be based on this thread. Businesses want them here, which is why true reform will likely never happen.
Oh yes I did! See post #22. There is no reform on the table anyway. It's amnesty and loyal Americans like myself don't want that anyway.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:31 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
He, and others like him, dedicate a sentence or two of their posts, if they mention it at all, to targeting employers. Contrast to the rest of their post which usually consists of 2+ paragraphs filled with racism, xenophobia, jingoism, and other miscellaneous right-wing ranting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I have always advocated for employment EV. Cant EV housing.
Same here. That is their incentive for being here. They are not coming here for our welfare. Otherwise, you wouldn't see so many illegals looking for work and working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Illegal alien's a race? Brown or white or even Black, I want ALL of them gone.
But especially those brown ones. None of you ever mention the huge multitude of Chinese living here, setting up their huge ethnic enclaves in the major cities with Chinese signs everywhere. Nope, it's those damn Mexicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who is advocating for mass deportations? If we remove all the incentives for them to remain here most will leave on their own.

Those who scream racial profiling are usually Hispanics or those who have ethnic ties to them. It is the victim card being played, period.
And what is the incentive, Oldglory? Employment! Oh wow! Why didn't we think of that before!

Old 02-11-2014, 03:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Close the border, not sure it will make a difference when Representatives are asking to bring Syrians to America. Guess our government has extra money on hand to feed and house more people.
Syrian refugees transit to America by “vacationing” in Cuba « Refugee Resettlement Watch

Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr., D-Paterson, met with family members Thursday to hear their story and to show support. He called for the United States to increase the number of refugees accepted for resettlement to at least 15,000 this year and to expedite the approval process. [By the way, it is my understanding that Obama does not need Congressional approval to expand the number in an 'emergency', but if any reader knows otherwise, let us know!---ed]

“We’re not taking in refugees as we should,” said Pascrell, who wrote to President Obama on Jan. 16, asking that more Syrian refugees be allowed in.

Primary reason for the hold-up? Security concerns!

Syrian refugees have faced roadblocks getting into the U.S. for a number of reasons, including security concerns, ongoing diplomatic efforts and the rapid escalation of war. The Obama administration agreed to take about 2,000 refugees in 2014, according to news reports.

British-Syrian TV pundit causes firestorm, says Syrian refugees should not come to UK « Refugee Resettlement Watch
Then she asked who will pay for all of this?

And, if peace comes, will they go home or will taxpayers continue to support them? Yikes! The ultimate sin to ask those questions!

During one part of Diyab’s BBC appearance, now available online, Diyab takes a sip of coffee, and asks: “If Syria returns to peace, will the British government force them to go back to Syria or will they stay here forever?

“As a British taxpayer, will I be requested to subsidize for a new Syrian population in this country?”

“It would be much better for them to stay in neighboring countries that are close to Syria culturally and demographically, like the United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon,” she added.

And, the you-know-what hit the fan on social media. Hang in there Halla!

The answer is yes, of course, these refugee resettlements are always permanent, even when the word ‘temporary’ is bandied about.

Regarding our photo caption. Consider for a moment what would happen to the immigration issue if a large majority of immigrants arriving in America, or the West generally, said they would vote for conservatives. In a heartbeat, the political Left would be demanding we halt all immigration! Heck, they might be at the border with guns!

Old 02-11-2014, 04:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This is the type of response we expect from the right wing, it is all the illegals' fault and not the fault of those that hire illegals. Illegals wouldn't be coming to the US to work if there were no jobs for them to do. Stop employers from hiring illegals, you stop illegals from coming to the US looking for work.
Urban the illegals own an equally share of blame or more. I agree 100% hammer the employers. Hell send them to prison for a while too. Make the employer also foot the bill for deportation of any and all illegals that are caught working for him.

Not blaming illegals is like not blaming the car thief for stealing a car because it was unlocked, or because there are chop shops willing to buy stolen cars. Illegals know 100% that what they are doing is illegal. They simply don't care.

Last edited by tinman01; 02-11-2014 at 04:51 PM..

Old 02-11-2014, 05:00 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Urban the illegals own an equally share of blame or more. I agree 100% hammer the employers. Hell send them to prison for a while too. Make the employer also foot the bill for deportation of any and all illegals that are caught working for him.

Not blaming illegals is like not blaming the car thief for stealing a car because it was unlocked, or because there are chop shops willing to buy stolen cars. Illegals know 100% that what they are doing is illegal. They simply don't care.
What's easier, and less expensive tinman? Going after 1000 employers who are all citizens or permanent residents, or going after 11M illegals? You guys are NOT getting the point, at all, and you are losing support because of it.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:33 PM

62,960 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:

Agreed. Note how they spin the truth and claim we said it is ALL the illegals fault? Where did we say anything like that? We didn't! That's just blatant dishonesty on their part. What's with this right wing crap all the time? Do they actually think that only those on the right object to illegal immigration?

Old 02-11-2014, 05:37 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What's easier, and less expensive tinman? Going after 1000 employers who are all citizens or permanent residents, or going after 11M illegals? You guys are NOT getting the point, at all, and you are losing support because of it.
Please read my posts before saying you guys.
I am 100% for E-veify for 100% of all employers and landlords.
I am 100% for massive fines and jail time for employers and landlords who knowingly violate our laws.
I am 100% for making employers foot the bill for deporting any illegal they are caught hiring.

The left sees it as only the employer is at fault. They see illegals as honest hard working people. NO illegals are criminals. They deserve no free pass and certainly no reward.
It is not me or the right that opposes E-verify. Right now it is difficult to hold employers accountable. If E-verify is passed into law for 100% of all employers we can go after the violators. I include landlords. Make life impossible and illegals will self deport. Remember Obama speaking with scorn during the debates when he Chastised Romney for wanting to make life impossible and forcing illegals to self deport?
The left would have us all believe that enforcement is too expensive. Yes if it were only an either or equation, but it isn't.
We don't need a massive build up of INS or border patrol. We need mandatory E-verify.
We don't need to reward illegals. They need to be forced out of the country.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Uh; more like GAINING support over messing with illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration