Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
You are right. If we legislated by polls then America's old healthcare system would have been in the trash back in the 90s! And gay marriage would be legal. As well as cannibis being legal.

Oh wait! All of these things are happening!!!!! Just like the correct form of immigration reform will pass as well.
So your answer is to reward criminal behavior. You seem to disregard that there are in fact many victims of illegals. ID Theft and fraud. Yes those you want to legalize commit these crimes. Legal immigrants would face deportation for such crimes.
We the people are victims. Cites and states that have high numbers of illegals are forced to foot the bill for additional teaching staff. Tax dollars wasted facilitating illegals.
Tax fraud and evasion. Yes we the people are victims once again.
Here is a better idea.
Lets make E-verify mandatory for all employers. I include Joe do it yourself who trolls home depot parking lots for cheap labor.
Make the fines and penalties severe. Make those caught hiring illegals foot the bill for the deportations.
Make life impossible and illegals will self deport.
Never reward criminal behavior. It only encourages more of the same. We owe illegals nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 12:50 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
End the welfare state first.
This is the crux of it. At a time when 1 of 2 babies are on WIC, and about 1 in 6 Americans are on food stamps, we just can't afford a generous immigration policy.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:05 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
It is still a crime, and that crime must be handed over to the proper authorities. And while we welcome (legal) immigration we can't take everyone in.
Nope, I am sorry but I do not see it that way. This statement of yours has been the backing of so much injustice in this country that I will never stand behind it.

It was also a crime for slaves in the Antebellum South to run away from their masters. If caught by authorities in the North then they had to be shipped back to their masters in chains. Was it right? Hell no! But hey, they committed a crime right?

Until 2003 13 states in America still had laws in place banning what sexual activities consenting couples could do in their bedrooms. Was this right? Hell no! But hey it was a "crime" right? So these people should be thrown in jail?

When people are charged with crimes when they have done no harm to others those "crimes" need to be seriously looked at to see if they have any place in a country that is supposed to pioneer human rights. I feel like our immigration laws are the next thing that needs to be look at.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So your answer is to reward criminal behavior. You seem to disregard that there are in fact many victims of illegals. ID Theft and fraud. Yes those you want to legalize commit these crimes. Legal immigrants would face deportation for such crimes.
We the people are victims. Cites and states that have high numbers of illegals are forced to foot the bill for additional teaching staff. Tax dollars wasted facilitating illegals.
Tax fraud and evasion. Yes we the people are victims once again.
Here is a better idea.
Lets make E-verify mandatory for all employers. I include Joe do it yourself who trolls home depot parking lots for cheap labor.
Make the fines and penalties severe. Make those caught hiring illegals foot the bill for the deportations.
Make life impossible and illegals will self deport.
Never reward criminal behavior. It only encourages more of the same. We owe illegals nothing.
I don't want all illegals to be deported. Many of them are my friends! And they have done nothing to harm others.

And look at collapsing economies in Europe and Japan due to child shortages. I would much rather our schools be crammed with the children of illegals because at least that shows that our nation has a future. It is much better for schools to be crammed rather than empty.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:08 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
If you look at it that way though then you are missing the very crucial human element of this "crime". These people are not causing harm to anyone. They are just trying to find a better life for themselves and their families.
Irrelevant.

Nobel intentions are not an exuse to break the law.
If I pick your pocket because I need to feed my family, I am still a criminal.

Thosands, probably MILLIONS of immigrants have come to this country over the years legally and did everything by the book to become Americans.
Giving illegals amnesty is a slap in their face.

Illegal immigrants have taken over many blue collar AMERICAN jobs and they drive down the wages for everyone else where ever they go....and THAT causes harm to AMERICANS

What is it you don't understand about the concept of ILLEGAL immigrants?

Old 02-12-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Irrelevant.

Nobel intentions are not an exuse to break the law.
If I pick your pocket because I need to feed my family, I am still a criminal.

Thosands, probably MILLIONS of immigrants have come to this country over the years legally and did everything by the book to become Americans.
Giving illegals amnesty is a slap in their face.

Illegal immigrants have taken over many blue collar AMERICAN jobs and they drive down the wages for everyone else where ever they go....and THAT causes harm to AMERICANS

What is it you don't understand about the concept of ILLEGAL immigrants?
And rightfully so as you deliberately harmed another person. Illegals aren't picking your pocket.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
And rightfully so as you deliberately harmed another person. Illegals aren't picking your pocket.
No they are picking the pockets of America.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I don't want all illegals to be deported. Many of them are my friends! And they have done nothing to harm others.

And look at collapsing economies in Europe and Japan due to child shortages. I would much rather our schools be crammed with the children of illegals because at least that shows that our nation has a future. It is much better for schools to be crammed rather than empty.
What you want has no bearing on what is legal. Morally the USA is perfectly within its rights to deport any and all illegals.
How do you know (your) friends haven't harmed anyone?
We allow more legal immigration than all other countries combined. We don't need to grant a free pass to criminals due to a child shortage.
I would much rather our schools spend money on quality education than on tutors for the children of illegals.
It is much better to have smaller class sizes than to be crammed.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:30 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
Nope, I am sorry but I do not see it that way. This statement of yours has been the backing of so much injustice in this country that I will never stand behind it.

It was also a crime for slaves in the Antebellum South to run away from their masters. If caught by authorities in the North then they had to be shipped back to their masters in chains. Was it right? Hell no! But hey, they committed a crime right?

Until 2003 13 states in America still had laws in place banning what sexual activities consenting couples could do in their bedrooms. Was this right? Hell no! But hey it was a "crime" right? So these people should be thrown in jail?

When people are charged with crimes when they have done no harm to others those "crimes" need to be seriously looked at to see if they have any place in a country that is supposed to pioneer human rights. I feel like our immigration laws are the next thing that needs to be look at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What you want has no bearing on what is legal. Morally the USA is perfectly within its rights to deport any and all illegals.
How do you know (your) friends haven't harmed anyone?
We allow more legal immigration than all other countries combined. We don't need to grant a free pass to criminals due to a child shortage.
I would much rather our schools spend money on quality education than on tutors for the children of illegals.
It is much better to have smaller class sizes than to be crammed.
^^What tinman said.

Your comparison the slaves is very spurious at best.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:03 PM

I give up! I see absolutely zero support on this thread for the rights of illegal immigrants except from me. So whatever. All I can say is that I am glad that the attitudes City-Data are not representative of this great country and I have full faith and confidence that Democrats and Republicans will come together in agreement that a path to citizenship should be granted to those immigrants who have been in this country for a long time and are good law abiding citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration