Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:35 PM

943 posts, read 1,203,831 times

Advertisements

If an illegal immigrant can take your job, not knowing your language, culture or knowledge then your job is worthless and you deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I personally know an American who works for $6 an hour in construction. The guy that employees him says he can't pay more than that because others hire illegals for less than that.

Kind of sad that Americans must accept less than minimum wage just because Obama will not enforce immigration laws or the border.

Anyone with half a brain knows that the purpose in massive illegal immigration is to bring wages down to rock bottom.
I don't understand what the problem is here. Your friend is earning a modest $6/hr, it's in competition with the free market. He must live within his means and lower his hourly rate for additional work. It is that SIMPLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik

Old 03-04-2014, 01:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,932,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
If an illegal immigrant can take your job, not knowing your language, culture or knowledge then your job is worthless and you deserve it.
As long as we ALSO throw everyone off the many welfare handouts. It's very stupid to keep Americans on government handouts like unemployment and at the same time allow an unlimited number of illegals to come over and take jobs -- and also government handouts.

Obviously there are many jobs --- but at the same time, we're paying more than ever to non-working Americans because there is no control of immigration. That's a huge problem. The USA is the only nation in the world that allows foreigners to grab up jobs ahead of citizens and also rewards foreigners with welfare handouts for having babies they cannot afford.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:21 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,969,886 times
Quote:
Uh; NO country allows ILLEGAL aliens, they're nothing more than sneaks. Too; not all people can work better jobs so why should they be hurt?! Sheesh!

Old 03-04-2014, 06:22 AM

63,494 posts, read 29,523,733 times
Quote:
Hiring an illegal alien over an American has nothing to do with the American worker being inferior. It is nothing more than sheer greed on the employers part who just wants to hire the cheapest worker and couldn't care less what language they speak. No American deserves unfair competition from foreigners who have violated our immigration laws and have no right to work here. Free market doesn't include violating immigration and labor laws nor should it.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:29 AM

11,581 posts, read 13,995,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Hiring an illegal alien over an American has nothing to do with the American worker being inferior. It is nothing more than sheer greed on the employers part who just wants to hire the cheapest worker and couldn't care less what language they speak. No American deserves unfair competition from foreigners who have violated our immigration laws and have no right to work here. Free market doesn't include violating immigration and labor laws nor should it.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Am I going to employ the guy who wants $7.25 and speaks English or the guy who works at $5 and speaks Spanish? I'm going to go for the cheapest. Competition is good. It keeps rates cheap.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:05 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,610,404 times
Quote:
Am I going to employ the guy who wants $7.25 and speaks English or the guy who works at $5 and speaks Spanish? I'm going to go for the cheapest. Competition is good. It keeps rates cheap.
You mean the guy that's in this country illegally, being paid under the table. He most likely is not paying any taxes. No workers comp or ss tax. Competition works when both sides are playing by the rules, not when you have to compete with your hands tied behind your back. I remember when I was in construction and had to compete. All my help were legal and paid taxes. Many of my competition had the main guy legal, but all his help got paid cash under the table. What I paid my one guy to work with me at the time a going wage. My competition could hire 4 illegals for what I paid my one guy. Five guys can produce more work than 2. That's why most American companies can't compete with foreign companies. Between the regulations and wages are products are too expensive. So to compete we have to move our jobs overseas to get on a level playing field.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:05 PM

63,494 posts, read 29,523,733 times
Quote:
You are going to employ a lawful worker because employing an illegal alien is against the law. Or don't laws matter to you?

Who do you think picks up the tab for these illegal alien worker's social costs or is that something else that doesn't matter to you?

Old 03-04-2014, 05:41 PM

22,588 posts, read 12,165,826 times
Quote:
^This sickens me. Try talking to honest business owners, you know, the ones who play by the rules---those people. Many have lost their livelihoods because they can't compete with sleazy business owners who hire illegal aliens and pay them under the table.

Besides, illegal aliens may work faster but they cut corners and often don't know what they're doing. My brother has a tree trimming business. His business is small, it's just him and his son. Many jobs he has gotten come from clients who first used tree trimming companies that used illegal alien day labor. Those companies were cheaper but their work was very shoddy. My brother ends up getting hired to straighten out the messes made by these sleazy companies. The clients tell him that they regret their decision to go for cheaper, shoddy work.

No honest work is "worthless". Perhaps if you've even been in a position where you were desperate for a job and were glad for any honest work that comes your way, you would understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration