Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 04:25 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Yeah, let's jail peaceful people and abuse them to make a point, because you don't like Mexicans coming to America.
Peaceful people? Peaceful people don't violate another country's immigration laws and then commit other crimes after migrating there. Put your Mexican victim card back in your wallet. Not all illegal aliens are Mexican. Besides Mexicans enjoy the highest quotas for LEGAL immigration into our country by far so you were saying?

Our immigration laws aren't crappy. Every country including Mexico has them. There is no such thing as a basic human right to enter another country at will. You try again.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:28 PM

409 posts, read 512,207 times
We have an American soldier who made a wrong turn into Mexico and he is being chained to a bed for the last 30 days and Obama or the State does nothing to bring him home yet Mexican ilegals and Mexican soldiers routinely cross into the US and draw guns and fire on our border guards and all we do (Obama) is ask them to please stop it.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:31 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,503,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Peaceful people? Peaceful people don't violate another country's immigration laws
Incorrect, the act of crossing an imaginary line drawn by dead people is not an act of violence.

Quote:
and then commit other crimes after migrating there.
Nice little attempt to sneak that in there. The poster said NOTHING about them committing any crimes other than crossing the imaginary line.

Quote:
Put your Mexican victim card back in your wallet.
Put your hyperbole back in your... wherever.

Quote:
Not all illegal aliens are Mexican.
Yeah, and what are the percentages?

Quote:
Besides Mexicans enjoy the highest quotas for LEGAL immigration into our country by far so you were saying?
Yeah, unless you count the people who came through Ellis Island and didn't have to do more than a page of paperwork...

Doesn't matter if you violate the rights of less of them than another group, violating rights is reprehensible.

(If your ancestors were held to half of the requirements to enter the country that are here today, you would live in Europe or something... unless you are native American. )

Old 05-30-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Incorrect, the act of crossing an imaginary line drawn by dead people is not an act of violence.

Nice little attempt to sneak that in there. The poster said NOTHING about them committing any crimes other than crossing the imaginary line.

Put your hyperbole back in your... wherever.

Yeah, and what are the percentages?

Yeah, unless you count the people who came through Ellis Island and didn't have to do more than a page of paperwork...

Doesn't matter if you violate the rights of less of them than another group, violating rights is reprehensible.

(If your ancestors were held to half of the requirements to enter the country that are here today, you would live in Europe or something... unless you are native American. )
I'm just going to address you one more time and after that no more. There is no imaginary line. Every country in the world has internationally recognized borders. Don't like it? Tough!

Doesn't matter that someone only mentioned that they crossed our borders illegally. The fact remains that good people don't do that and many of these illegal aliens commit ID theft and other serious crimes that do include violence.

Those who came through Ellis Island came thru legal channels. Illegal aliens do not. The rules were different back then because it was a different time, we were less populated and we were in need of immigrants to help build our country. Our country is already built and we don't need uneducated and unskilled illegal aliens to steal jobs, taxes and resources from Americans. Your analogy fails miserably.

So long.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Obama came into office promising the illegals a path to citizenship either with or without Congress.
Nothing should surprise you.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:04 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
The immigration laws violate basic human rights, try again. You can not be deemed "illegal" for refusing to adhere to a crappy law.
There is not one illegal in the US that only violated one law.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:40 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,503,364 times
Quote:
I'm just going to address you one more time and after that no more.
Thank god, you are not approaching my posts with any sort of open mind, you are just reinforcing your out-dated beliefs.

Quote:
There is no imaginary line.
The line didn't exist until somebody thought it up.

Quote:
Every country in the world has internationally recognized borders. Don't like it? Tough!
See, this is where you fail to understand rights, they come before nation states. The fact that you think OTHER people can decide to give up rights for someone else against their will, shows that you don't understand rights.

You believe in mob rule. You just need a majority to believe in your system and it is "legitimate". The whole concept of rights is to combat the attitude you show here.

Quote:
Doesn't matter that someone only mentioned that they crossed our borders illegally. The fact remains that good people don't do that
Incorrect, good people disobey bad laws. The people who blatantly disregarded the fugitive slave act were good people. The people who disregard drug prohibition and sell high quality drugs are good people.

Breaking a bad law does not make you a bad person, period.

Quote:
and many of these illegal aliens commit ID theft and other serious crimes that do include violence.
That wasn't what was being discussed. We were discussing people crossing the border and NO more. My reply would have been different if they mentioned anyone other than those who simply cross a border.

You can not change what I responded to after my response, that is dishonest.

Quote:
Those who came through Ellis Island came thru legal channels. Illegal aliens do not.
Uh, duh? Except those legal channels took less effort than entering the country today... they rubber stamped everybody.

It is no the same set of standards. It is rediculous if you think you have more of a claim to the land because your ancestors came here legally... and slaughtered the natives.... yeah you hold moral high-ground over these people.

Quote:
The rules were different back then because it was a different time, we were less populated and we were in need of immigrants to help build our country.
Yeah, I am sure the native Americans that already lived here were "in need" of immigrants. Funny how you think it is ok for a group of people to commit genocide and steal land from people... but it is not ok for another group of people to travel freely.

The genocide of the native Americans is far more horrifying than anything immigrants do today.

Quote:
Our country is already built and we don't need uneducated and unskilled illegal aliens to steal jobs,
If a unskilled, uneducated person who can not speak English has the requirements to steal your job... you are a freaking loser.

Quote:
taxes and resources from Americans. Your analogy fails miserably.
I think YOU should stop stealing taxes and resources from Americans. The welfare system in this country is horrible and still would be without immigrants. It is no more right to steal from me to give to someone in WA or some other far off state, than it is to steal it and give it to immigrants.

The problem is the system that relies on theft. (A violation of rights)

Your whole argument fails miserably.

Quote:
So long.
Have a pleasant evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There is not one illegal in the US that only violated one law.
Ok, Provide me with proof that every immigrant who has entered this country without permission has gone on to do other crimes, I will wait patently while you compile a list tens of millions of names long.

Unless you are implying that coming over the border without permission breaks more than one law. If you are accusing all of the undocumented immigrants of being violent criminals, you are laughably ill-informed and the worst kind of collectivist.

Last edited by Xander_Crews; 05-30-2014 at 06:49 PM..

Old 05-30-2014, 07:13 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Xander---You're just spouting reconquista nonsense---and you know it, too.

You want proof that every ILLEGAL ALIEN has gone on to commit other crimes. You really don't know that this occurs? Well...if they are working, they are in violation of the law as the law says they are not allowed to work. And when they do work, they either are getting paid under the table, thereby committing tax evasion. Either that or they are committing ID theft by using a stolen or fake SSN which leaves the true owners of those SSNs in a world of hurt.

You also know that there is a difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. The former obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here, with some waiting years in refugee camps. The latter either sneaked across a border or overstayed a visa.

Then you post this:

If a unskilled, uneducated person who can not speak English has the requirements to steal your job... you are a freaking loser.
------------------------------
Go talk to all the honest business owners in the construction fields who have lost their livelihoods to to sleazy business owners who hire illegal aliens and pay them under the table. Honest contractors who pay taxes and insurance can't compete with those who don't obey the law.

What is your dog in this fight? Why do you push for open borders? Do you even care that if we had no immigration laws and open borders that in no time we would become an overcrowded country with not enough potable water? And before you scoff, even The Washington Post had an article admitting that we are running out of potable water. I'm sure that if you used their search function, you can read the article for yourself. Is all this okay with you? And if so, why is this?

Old 05-30-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Xander---You're just spouting reconquista nonsense---and you know it, too.

You want proof that every ILLEGAL ALIEN has gone on to commit other crimes. You really don't know that this occurs? Well...if they are working, they are in violation of the law as the law says they are not allowed to work. And when they do work, they either are getting paid under the table, thereby committing tax evasion. Either that or they are committing ID theft by using a stolen or fake SSN which leaves the true owners of those SSNs in a world of hurt.

You also know that there is a difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. The former obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here, with some waiting years in refugee camps. The latter either sneaked across a border or overstayed a visa.

Then you post this:

------------------------------
Go talk to all the honest business owners in the construction fields who have lost their livelihoods to to sleazy business owners who hire illegal aliens and pay them under the table. Honest contractors who pay taxes and insurance can't compete with those who don't obey the law.

What is your dog in this fight? Why do you push for open borders? Do you even care that if we had no immigration laws and open borders that in no time we would become an overcrowded country with not enough potable water? And before you scoff, even The Washington Post had an article admitting that we are running out of potable water. I'm sure that if you used their search function, you can read the article for yourself. Is all this okay with you? And if so, why is this?
You're right. I'm retired but I feel for our blue-collared Americans that have lost their jobs not because they were losers but because the greedy employers just wanted cheap, illegal labor to line their pockets with more profit. I cringe every time someone in here makes hateful and untrue claims about the American worker. That's about as anti-American as you can get.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:45 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
You're right. I'm retired but I feel for our blue-collared Americans that have lost their jobs not because they were losers but because the greedy employers just wanted cheap, illegal labor to line their pockets with more profit. I cringe every time someone in here makes hateful and untrue claims about the American worker. That's about as anti-American as you can get.

Thank you, Oldglory. Everytime I hear stories about those who have lost their livelihoods because they were honest and can't compete with sleazy contractors who hire illegals, I just about weep. It makes me angry to hear those who have lost their livelihoods due to illegal immigration get accused of being losers. They are NOT losers. Instead, they are honest folks who obey the law and end up suffering for doing the right thing.

Once, when I was in an article comment section of a newspaper, at the same time I was posting so was an electrician in MS. We got to talking. He told me how he had hoped to pass along his business to his son but it was getting harder and harder to keep it going due to sleazy competitors who were hiring illegals. He told me how he lost a contract working for an apartment complex that called him everytime they needed electrical work done. One day, he went by there to ask them why they weren't calling him anymore. While he was there, another company was doing electrical work. They were using illegal alien day laborers who didn't speak English and were not electricians. There was a guy telling one worker who spoke English how to do the wiring and that worker was telling a day laborer in Spanish how to do it. The electrician that I was "talking" to told me he was horrified to see this because someone who doesn't know what they were doing could get electrocuted or could start a fire. The owner of the apartment complex told the electrician that he is using this company because they were cheaper. I told the electrician how very sorry I was to hear this was happening to him. He said that he has written to his local politicians---and surprise! surprise! None of them cared.

It amazes me that people will hire cheap labor with all the risks involved in doing so. Cheap labor isn't cheap after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration