Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:06 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times

Advertisements

Protest held over immigrants coming to Murrieta - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

We'll be seeing more of this thanks to Obama's FAILURES at the border!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 09:13 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
He announced to the world he would grant amnesty, so here they come, his policies are working just fine.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:15 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
American Protestors in Murrieta, Calif turn back Illegal Immigrant Buses

Old 07-01-2014, 10:03 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,946 times
Quote:
Protests over Illegals flown into Murrieta, Calif.
The protests were flown into Murrieta? Please feel free to prove that the protests were flown there.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:13 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
The protests were flown into Murrieta? Please feel free to prove that the protests were flown there.
It is not the protesters that were/are being flown in it is those diseased illegal immigrants.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Obama's open borders and rewarding all illegals is going to cost us many more trillions of dollars.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:59 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,664,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Do you have proof that nobody else in existence would interpret it that way? In terms of proper grammar, I'm rather correct in what I'm asserting. Are you the OP? Did you consult with him/her? If not, you might want to leave it to them to answer.
I too read it as protesters were being flown in to Murrieta. I am not as interested in this thread as I originally was.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:38 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I too read it as protesters were being flown in to Murrieta. I am not as interested in this thread as I originally was.
I read it as Illegals flown into Murrieta

With that said, I don't believe in this comment at all:

“People fleeing their home countries are refugees. The Central Americans coming now are fleeing violence and are refugees, just as were the Irish who fled famine, the Jews who fled genocide, and the Iraqis and Somalis who fled war,” said Andrea Guerrero, executive director of Alliance San Diego, an immigrant rights group.

I think he is exaggerating their plight and I would not compare it to any of those catastrophic events.

And then I heard the next story on the video about all those homeless people in San Diego. Why aren't they put in nice airplanes or new buses and given a place to live. I wonder how many of them are US citizens or our veterans?...

Old 07-02-2014, 12:01 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
It is not the protesters that were/are being flown in it is those diseased illegal immigrants.
Actually, it is/was neither:

Quote:
About a couple dozen people protested outside the U.S. Border Patrol office in Murrieta on Sunday, upset that 140 undocumented immigrants, including many children, will be flown to San Diego and then bussed to Murrieta.
The illegals were flown to San Diego, then bussed to Murrieta. How the protestors arrived in Murrieta is not stated but since they live in the area it is likely they drove to the location.

[is this still the Politics and Other Controversies subforum? ]

Old 07-02-2014, 01:33 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I read it as Illegals flown into Murrieta

With that said, I don't believe in this comment at all:

“People fleeing their home countries are refugees. The Central Americans coming now are fleeing violence and are refugees, just as were the Irish who fled famine, the Jews who fled genocide, and the Iraqis and Somalis who fled war,” said Andrea Guerrero, executive director of Alliance San Diego, an immigrant rights group.

I think he is exaggerating their plight and I would not compare it to any of those catastrophic events.

And then I heard the next story on the video about all those homeless people in San Diego. Why aren't they put in nice airplanes or new buses and given a place to live. I wonder how many of them are US citizens or our veterans?...
Boy a lot of people I know including some good friends who live in Murrieta, are pissed off as hell.

They live in one of those custom homes up in the hills there, on 2 acres, a very nice home in a nice area.
Charity ought to begin and end at home, we have many children, living in homes, no foster parents, homeless living in shelters, on the streets, in their cars, under tents etc. In a Country such as ours, where illegals have certain rights, and are not citizens, shouldn't our needy come before the needs of those who break laws to get here. Is that not a fair question.

My friends our **** to hell, they live in a beautiful large custom home they bought years ago. Murrieta from what I do remember, is a very nice clean town. Close to Temecula wine country. This should not be happening and I do not blame our friends for being so outraged over this. Charity ought to begin and end with helping American Citizens, the needy, the elderly and the homeless before any illegal.

If we do not get a handle on this situation we are screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration