Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 12:17 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times

Advertisements

The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) regularly publishes a count of ho many illegal aliens it apprehends, how many it deports, etc. But it does not include the number of people it arrests and then gives them a "Notice to Appear", and then releases them into the United States with no supervision of accountability.

In case you thought it was just a minor problem with a few dozen such people being released, here's an article from four years ago, where ICE told a reporter it had "Caught and released" more than half a MILLION such illegal immigrants that year.

And it's happening again today, with the huge numbers of illegal adults and children pouring over the border.

------------------------------------

ICE Says It's Caught-and-Released 506,232 Illegal Aliens Who Are Now Fugitives--More Than Entire Population of Sacramento, Calif. | CNS News

ICE Says It's Caught-and-Released 506,232 Illegal Aliens Who Are Now Fugitives--More Than Entire Population of Sacramento, Calif.

September 7, 2010 - 5:12 PM
by Penny Starr

(CNSNews.com) – The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE) says that as of Sunday, Sept. 5, it had caught-and-released 506,232 illegal aliens who are now fugtives. That is more than the population of Sacramento, California, which currently numbers 486,189.

Fugitive illegal aliens are individuals who were apprehended ICE for being in the United States illegally and then were released ahead of their court proceedings and deemed fugitive when they failed to appear in court.

CNSNews.com asked Brian P. Hale, director of public affairs at ICE, about DHS’s annual report Immigration Enforcement Actions: 2009, which includes information on apprehensions and deportations but does not include data on illegal aliens who are fugitives from the law.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 12:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
And what they catch and release is but a small fraction of the illegals that actually come here.

Don't worry though. We're still holding to that number of 11 million..static for over 10 years now.
"The borders have never been more secure" is the motto we live by.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:31 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Every time people like Obama say they are working on laws that will allow illegals to stay, with or without citizenship, these huge floods of illegal aliens pouring over the border happen AGAIN.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:53 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
"Only" 11 million.

Yeah right.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
ICE as a department may as well be eliminated --- there is absolutly no good in the billions of dollars being spent on ICE and border control now.

They no longer even try to stop illegals from pouring in, they are now instructed to help them get to their destinations.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:04 AM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
`This is how your nation ends......I was doing national radio about these issues as early as 1989. No one cared then, and not enough care now. Hope ya all wear your chains lightly when the trillions in new taxes come due to pay for this endless invasion & you & yours have to pony up a 70% tax rate to keep our new citizens on the dole cause most of them will never have real work.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:34 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Probably closer to 30 million now

Old 07-04-2014, 09:44 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
`This is how your nation ends......I was doing national radio about these issues as early as 1989. No one cared then, and not enough care now. Hope ya all wear your chains lightly when the trillions in new taxes come due to pay for this endless invasion & you & yours have to pony up a 70% tax rate to keep our new citizens on the dole cause most of them will never have real work.
My quarterly taxes were due back on the 15th of June, and i have been struggling with the decision of whether to pay them or not.

I advocate that all those of like mind, who are also fiercely against obama's unconscionable policies of open borders with minimal enforcement, withhold their taxes as well as a sign that we as a nation are not willing to tolerate these actions any longer. We are a nation of laws, and if just a few million other like-minded, rational americans refused to pay our taxes as a message that ALL laws need to be enforced - not just the ones that help the democrats or corporate interests - perhaps as an interim step the federal government will begin to understand the level of fury that is simmering on this issue.

I cannot think of any other issue that has so angered me and everyone else who i raise it with; this could potentially (hopefully) lead to an uprising of immense proportions dwarfing the anti-iraq war/occupy wall street events by a wide margin.

Something serious and significant needs to be done to inform the elected class that the needs and voice of the american middle class and poor of this country need to be heard and respected.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:53 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
My quarterly taxes were due back on the 15th of June, and i have been struggling with the decision of whether to pay them or not.

I advocate that all those of like mind, who are also fiercely against obama's unconscionable policies of open borders with minimal enforcement, withhold their taxes as well as a sign that we as a nation are not willing to tolerate these actions any longer. We are a nation of laws, and if just a few million other like-minded, rational americans refused to pay our taxes as a message that ALL laws need to be enforced - not just the ones that help the democrats or corporate interests - perhaps as an interim step the federal government will begin to understand the level of fury that is simmering on this issue.

I cannot think of any other issue that has so angered me and everyone else who i raise it with; this could potentially (hopefully) lead to an uprising of immense proportions dwarfing the anti-iraq war/occupy wall street events by a wide margin.

Something serious and significant needs to be done to inform the elected class that the needs and voice of the american middle class and poor of this country need to be heard and respected.
I always get my taxable income down to "0".

I put the money back into our business rather than pay.

Another benefit of doing business taxes that way is I just have to file once a year.

It works very well for me.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:43 AM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post

I wish there was an easy answer, but I suspect the will, or survival instinct of the American people no longer is strong enough to sustain a republic. It's not just the States, but most all of the Western nations are in rapid decline. This is an historic trend that goes beyond laws & culture......it touches something deeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration