Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 11:22 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times

Advertisements

This is no surprise to most of us. When the Mexican government makes this type of admission it certainly makes it much easier to estimate the total number of illegals here. This is literally an invasion.

Quote:
MEXICO CITY — The Mexican government reported the results of recent studies on Tuesday showing that 68 percent of Mexicans who migrate or try to migrate to the United States do so without documents and 55 percent of them hire immigrant smugglers.

More:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317404,00.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 11:29 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
This is no surprise to most of us. When the Mexican government makes this type of admission it certainly makes it much easier to estimate the total number of illegals here. This is literally an invasion.
The key to being outraged is that "55% hire illegal smugglers" to get them in.

How many sympathizers on this board have lamented their poverty-stricken state, and said that it's "too expensive" to immigrate legally?

A coyote to get you across the border can cost THOUSANDS of US dollars. That's not exactly "poverty stricken" if you can afford that. Hell, if you can afford that in Mexico, you can start your own business. An immigration lawyer and all attendant fees can ALSO cost thousands. One way (coyote) is quicker, and circumvents laws. One (legally) is slower, but gives you plenty of time to learn how to habla ingles while you're waiting, and means you won't have to "live your life in the shadows."

Old 12-19-2007, 12:08 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The key to being outraged is that "55% hire illegal smugglers" to get them in.

How many sympathizers on this board have lamented their poverty-stricken state, and said that it's "too expensive" to immigrate legally?
You took the words out of my mouth.

I don't expect truth to get in the way of the pro-illegal "argument," however. Illegals from Mexico aren't caucasian. Therefore, they are superior human beings.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You took the words out of my mouth.

I don't expect truth to get in the way of the pro-illegal "argument," however. Illegals from Mexico aren't caucasian. Therefore, they are superior human beings.
I take it you are being sarcastic.

Mexicans; like Americans are of all ethnicities/races.

That stated; I am definitely anti illegal immigration----------legals are welcome

Old 12-19-2007, 12:25 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,923 times
Invasion certainly sums it up! I am not a violent person but I'm about ready to arm myself. Apparently the government is not going to protect me.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:48 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I take it you are being sarcastic.
Yes and no.

Yes, as you demonstrate below, my comment is sarcastic.

No, because the pro-illegal "argument" is grounded in racism.

There exists a group mindset, usually classified as being on the far left, which portrays itself as a champion of racial minorities. This mindset is so ingrained in many people that they have become blinded to everything but skin color. As evidenced by a far left web forum I used to visit, even economic status is clouded by race. For example, to many of these people I conversed with, a poor white person is "redneck trailer trash," yet poor racial minorities are seen as victims. Indeed, the word "victim" was commonly used to describe illegal aliens. Once one convinces himself that non-caucasian equals victim, such "victims" are free to behave in any way they choose. From what I could tell, these displays of self-loathing were comfortably executed from ivory towers (surprise!)

Quote:
Mexicans; like Americans are of all ethnicities/races.

That stated; I am definitely anti illegal immigration----------legals are welcome

Old 12-19-2007, 01:03 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yes and no.

Yes, as you demonstrate below, my comment is sarcastic.

No, because the pro-illegal "argument" is grounded in racism.

There exists a group mindset, usually classified as being on the far left, which portrays itself as a champion of racial minorities. This mindset is so ingrained in many people that they have become blinded to everything but skin color. As evidenced by a far left web forum I used to visit, even economic status is clouded by race. For example, to many of these people I conversed with, a poor white person is "redneck trailer trash," yet poor racial minorities are seen as victims. Indeed, the word "victim" was commonly used to describe illegal aliens. Once one convinces himself that non-caucasian equals victim, such "victims" are free to behave in any way they choose. From what I could tell, these displays of self-loathing were comfortably executed from ivory towers (surprise!)
Yes, we can use "white trash" or "white trailer trash" (which are very insulting terms to describe ANY human being), but try something against anyone who is "latino", and you're in big trouble. Like those poor latino LAWBREAKERS who come over our border and steal our benefits. Ooooh......that's so "racist".

Great point you made, well-stated.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:30 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Yes, we can use "white trash" or "white trailer trash" (which are very insulting terms to describe ANY human being), but try something against anyone who is "latino", and you're in big trouble. Like those poor latino LAWBREAKERS who come over our border and steal our benefits. Ooooh......that's so "racist".

Great point you made, well-stated.
Brown trash, black trash...it goes for anyone and it is insulting, but when you see what illegals have done to CA and border states I know of it makes some want to call names at this point of near collapse of society here.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:36 PM

549 posts, read 625,718 times
Of those 7 out of 10, I wonder how many of them worked in Flip-Flop Romney's mansions.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Invasion certainly sums it up! I am not a violent person but I'm about ready to arm myself. Apparently the government is not going to protect me.
The same thought is crossing my mind as well-------and; I do not like keeping firearms around for personal reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration