Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 03:44 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
They probably ran out of nails or something. As soon as Congress approves the $17.84 needed to buy another box, they will get going again.
The problem was probably the people building the fence were south of the fence and working from that side. Then when the supplies of nails and wood ran out, they couldn’t get north for more supplies because there was a fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 10:31 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There are far more than 11 miles of fence built -

FAR MORE
Ooops! I meant the fence on the CA border, Duncan Hunter said he got 11 miles built there, of the 865 miles made into law.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:44 PM

185 posts, read 355,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Who knew? I for one did. Especially when I read stories like the one a few weeks ago, in which the residents in a tiny Rio Grande town in Texas were told by the "Feds" that the ONLY POSSIBLE ROUTE for the fence in their area was several hundred yards uphill from the river, and would HAVE to run right through several houses. Fences can't "turn", we all know---they can't run AROUND things--they have to run right THROUGH things, like freeways...

When I read this, I knew these guys don't want to build a fence; have no intention of EVER building a fence, and will do anything in their power NOT to build a fence, no matter how silly it makes them look. It's like asking a recalcitrant 5-year old to pick up his toys. He CAN'T do it, for a million reasons. The toys are too heavy--his arm is sore---his toybox lid is stuck--he has to go potty. The fact is, he dosn't WANT to pick up his toys. And the Feds don't "want" to build a fence.
Great analogy macmeal!

Old 12-21-2007, 04:17 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Kyl said Friday that President Bush is ready to sign a funding bill, authorizing billions for border security.

http://news.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=681353
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your idea of border security is to just build a fence then you are sadly mistaken.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:22 PM

902 posts, read 718,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Kyl said Friday that President Bush is ready to sign a funding bill, authorizing billions for border security.

http://news.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=681353
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your idea of border security is to just build a fence then you are sadly mistaken.
True and if your idea of border security is to give amnesty, which is what you have stated in so many words in other threads, then you are sadly mistaken too.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:26 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
True and if your idea of border security is to give amnesty, which is what you have stated in so many words in other threads, then you are sadly mistaken too.
Border security is a totally different issue. Legalization is for internal security but if you enjoy the idea of 12 million people walking around the U.S with no way to track them then good for you. I have never said anything about beefing up border security by given legalization to the undocumented immigrants here. I can't say the same about others who only talk about building a fence when it comes to border security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration