Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 07:26 AM

62,878 posts, read 29,110,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Thanks for posting. I just went and emailed both of our Senators. Obama has to be stopped. Everything I learned about how our government is supposed to work when I was in high school in the early 70's seems to not apply anymore. I even called the school once and asked if they still taught American Government. The school wasn't even upset that I asked because they felt exactly as I did. I see a increase of new illegals here where they openly provide jobs for them at low wages. KS will go broke from public assistance payments if the illegals get a pathway to citizenship but they sort of deserve it for letting it go for such a long time. I still have issues with those that use the illegals every which way yet they don't want to make them citizens and they surely don't want them deported, not their low cost workers.
There is nothing that a state can do about illegal immigration as it is a federal issue. Even those that have tried have been shut down by the Feds. So no, I don't think they deserved what they are getting.

Doesn't matter what individuals want or don't want. It is against the law to hire illegal aliens and they should be deported either voluntarily or involuntarily. E-verify, denying benefits and birthright citizenship to their kids is all we need to rid ourselves of them instead of promises of amnesty and citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 09:20 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Unemployment numbers look bad this morning with more filing for benefits. Americans are now low wage workers with or without degrees. They certainly do not need more completion for the McJobs available to them.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:25 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Kansas has been a harbor for illegals for a very long time. The better employers do E-verify and the ones that don't know exactly what they are doing. I have also noticed that some employers choose using the temp agencies that don't want to directly hire the illegals and this appears to be an upcoming trend.

Kansas is a depressed state that is losing population, we are hoping to be a lucky loss to them this year. Birth rates are up but about 48% are being born into poverty. Kansas government is very dedicated to a handful of employers, the meat industry being big. One thing I have noticed though is that even the meat industry is going high tech, so much so that those, as well as those in other industries doing the same, there won't be a need for people who are uneducated and there will be a need for less people to do the jobs. At that point, what do we do with the dead weight created by illegals that can't find work. Will they go home? Or, will Obama have a place in line for them to receive public assistance?

Old 01-21-2015, 08:33 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Well California is pushing for "Right to die" now...so soon many can just get in that line and go out easy.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:44 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,551,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Let's hope that the senate passes this, too.

Recently Obama warned congress and the senate that he will veto anything he doesn't like. So let's hope that this passes with a veto-proof majority.

I read that when Obama told them about him using the veto, he did so in hopes that it would intimidate republicans from trying to pass any bills. Charlie Dent (R-PA) said words to the effect that he wasn't a potted plant. He's a congressman who was put there to represent his constituents and work for them.

Glad to see that those who voted to pass this aren't going to let the Dictator-in-Chief intimidate them!
As I recall, after the illegal EO his highness said that all congress had to do was pass a immigration bill and he would immediately sign it, replacing his EO.

Of course he never mentioned that such a bill had to be exactly what he wanted or he would veto it.

Another in a long list of lies by this liar.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:42 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,973 times
Will they be able to get enough votes to over ride his veto? Boy would that put him in place!!

Old 01-21-2015, 07:23 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,620 times
I am always apalled that the Veterans of the USA get less than illegal immigrants get.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:01 PM

62,878 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I am always apalled that the Veterans of the USA get less than illegal immigrants get.
They seem to be put above both our veterans and our seniors in regards to help needed.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:20 AM

6,383 posts, read 6,271,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They seem to be put above both our veterans and our seniors in regards to help needed.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Disabled vets get close to 3k per month. Elderly get SSI. Immigrants get nothing so tangible.

I can't believe this place has an entire forum section that's sole purpose is griping about immigrants. And are so extremely misinformed at that.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:52 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,883,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Also, our enemies are probably smacking their lips seeing how easy it is to violate our borders and remain here without threat of deportation.
That is way to wrap this up is to win 2016 to further deactivate all of Obama Executive decisions, that have been politically motivated without thought the impact of unchecked illegal Immigration.

The flip side I see these Illegals taking to the streets with the illusion they have achieved some sort of status. That's why it better to deport now and instead of dealing with rioting in the streets. (Illegals destroying public and State property)

Treat the Illegals as criminals and put bounty on their heads. ( at the cost of the country of origin)

Can you imagine Miami, LA and NY if aggressive law enforcement applied and we railed the immigrants back to the country of origin. Of course back bill and subtract any foreign aid measure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration