Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 01:49 PM

63,055 posts, read 29,249,686 times

Advertisements

The Republican U.S. House voted Wednesday to overturn President Barack Obama's key immigration policies, approving legislation that would eliminate new deportation protections for millions and expose hundreds of thousands of younger (so-called) immigrants to expulsion.

House Votes to Undo Obama Immigration Actions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 03:03 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,772,666 times
Good.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:58 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,470,091 times
Great, but oh brother, I can hear the whispers now.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,930,126 times
IMHO Obama went too far with that DACA bit and, he needs his chain yanked.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:28 PM

22,508 posts, read 12,052,280 times
Let's hope that the senate passes this, too.

Recently Obama warned congress and the senate that he will veto anything he doesn't like. So let's hope that this passes with a veto-proof majority.

I read that when Obama told them about him using the veto, he did so in hopes that it would intimidate republicans from trying to pass any bills. Charlie Dent (R-PA) said words to the effect that he wasn't a potted plant. He's a congressman who was put there to represent his constituents and work for them.

Glad to see that those who voted to pass this aren't going to let the Dictator-in-Chief intimidate them!

Old 01-14-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO Obama went too far with that DACA bit and, he needs his chain yanked.
This isn't just about DACA though. It is also about the 4.7 million that he recently gave a stay of deportation to simply because they have U.S. born kids. I guess the ticket to a free ride here is to either bring your kids here illegally or give birth on our soil. What a message that sends to rest of the world and what an incentive for more to come.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,470,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This isn't just about DACA though. It is also about the 4.7 million that he recently gave a stay of deportation to simply because they have U.S. born kids. I guess the ticket to a free ride here is to either bring your kids here illegally or give birth on our soil. What a message that sends to rest of the world and what an incentive for more to come.

The message to the rest of the world, is The US is no longer what it once was, or stood for. We are a joke a laughing stock, I am sure to leaders around the world.

We are a farce. And other world leaders know it too!

Bottom line is that the free ticket to illegals, is more important then the needs and wants of American Citizens, and that is crap. Sell us out, for what, more votes, that says a awful lot about one Party.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The message to the rest of the world, is The US is no longer what it once was, or stood for. We are a joke a laughing stock, I am sure to leaders around the world.

We are a farce. And other world leaders know it too!

Bottom line is that the free ticket to illegals, is more important then the needs and wants of American Citizens, and that is crap. Sell us out, for what, more votes, that says a awful lot about one Party.
Also, our enemies are probably smacking their lips seeing how easy it is to violate our borders and remain here without threat of deportation.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:13 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,207,850 times
Emma Lazarus would rewrite the "New Colussus" if she was living in our time ...

Old 01-15-2015, 07:04 AM

26,017 posts, read 22,203,791 times
Thanks for posting. I just went and emailed both of our Senators. Obama has to be stopped. Everything I learned about how our government is supposed to work when I was in high school in the early 70's seems to not apply anymore. I even called the school once and asked if they still taught American Government. The school wasn't even upset that I asked because they felt exactly as I did. I see a increase of new illegals here where they openly provide jobs for them at low wages. KS will go broke from public assistance payments if the illegals get a pathway to citizenship but they sort of deserve it for letting it go for such a long time. I still have issues with those that use the illegals every which way yet they don't want to make them citizens and they surely don't want them deported, not their low cost workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration