Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 06:26 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Funny that the illegal aliens and their supporters who are making claims of ownership to the entire continent (and this country in particular) via their indio ancestors aren't beating down Canada's door and demanding entry, isn't it? Last I looked Canada is a part of the No. American continent also.
Agreed. Too; I def DON'T hear about those same "Hispanic" Indian illegal aliens trying to get into Argentina or Chile either and trying to pull that "we were here 1st" bit. Hell; Mexico treats ITS illegal aliens like dirt, even Mayans from Guatemala.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 07:39 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,257,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Granting work permits to the illegals is so stupidly wrong it could only come from Obama.

The correct method:

Immigrants come into the country by legal means. This would require a change in the border policy, but that could be legally decided on.

If anything other than legal immigration they should be caught and deported.

Anchor babies should be deported. They are only here because their parent(s) broke the law to come here and should not benefit from their illegal act.
Caught and deported? How do you imagine this be done and the impact it will have on society? Mexican illegals do jobs that American citizens would only do for at least twice the cost.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:56 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Caught and deported? How do you imagine this be done and the impact it will have on society? Mexican illegals do jobs that American citizens would only do for at least twice the cost.
Read the current laws, work to enforce those laws (in spite of Obama and crew) and watch the impact of our tax money being used on those lawfully here.

In point of fact, you have no idea what work and pay scale Americans would do without the illegals knowingly undercutting a given wage.

Time for you to go back to liberal land for new excuses to attempt to use.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:58 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
Quote:
We can already see it's "impact" and strain to social services and other infrastructure, crime in particular.

Start slamming their illegal employers and the costs would drop dramatically.

BTW Illegals VOLUNTEER to be exploited at slave wages and will break any and all labor laws and undercut Americans and legal immigrants, there I fixed it for you

Old 02-05-2015, 12:47 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Oh my word, here we go again. Are you not aware of the huge social costs that are imposed on us via illegal immigration? They are in the billions annually. Illegal aliens send billions out of country to their homelands which aren't spent in our economy either. The only ones benefiting from cheap, illegal labor are those who hire them. The rest of us are paying through the nose. They have taken jobs from Americans and/or reduced their wages. They have caused our crime rates to go up. They commit felony ID theft to work or work under the table (tax evasion). They create crowded conditions in our schools, jails and hospitals. They give birth on our dime. Just what are these jobs that Americans supposedly won't do? Who do you think did them before the arrival of cheap, illegal labor? Why would you just mention Mexican illegals?

Old 02-05-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Maybe that's where those wages NEED to be, it is what it is.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:40 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
Quote:
This is a naive, romantic notion. The illegals ARE being paid twice the cost. Half by their employer, and half by the taxpayers!

Working in restaurants most of my life I've seen first hand, that many "Mexican" illegals, (because here in So. California this what I have experience with) are indeed hard workers.

That being said, for every "hard working Mexican illegal man" there's very often a wife at home tending to more children than they can afford to feed. Often they have more family in Mexico and they send a portion of their money "back home".

Sometimes the "culture" doesn't stop when the "anchor babies" grow up. About 4 young Mexican women I worked with who were born here had 2 or 3 children by the time they were in their early 20's, two of them had father's that took off, and they all took assistance. They know very well how to work the system.

This is not just my opinion. One of my co workers, a Mexican man who lived in the near by sanctuary city has complained to me himself that he saw women driving nice cars wearing nice clothes paying for their groceries with an EBT (food stamp) card.

Our government has made it way too easy, and business owners are getting away with being very selfish. They pay for cheap labor while we foot the bill for a culture that produces more children than they can take care of on their own. Continuing to take benefits while still having babies has become a way of life for too many, and that life has no honor.

(BTW, I know there are also non Hispanic Americans on welfare, but this is in regards to illegal immigration.)

Old 02-06-2015, 04:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Granting work permits to the illegals is so stupidly wrong it could only come from Obama.

The correct method:

Immigrants come into the country by legal means. This would require a change in the border policy, but that could be legally decided on.

Anchor babies should be deported. They are only here because their parent(s) broke the law to come here and should not benefit from their illegal act.
I support what your saying here and now. However I feel so very sorry, for those who came to this Country, willingly knowing that they wanted to become US citizens the legal way.

I am sorry, but it does not seem fair to those who came the legal way.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
This is a naive, romantic notion. The illegals ARE being paid twice the cost. Half by their employer, and half by the taxpayers!

Working in restaurants most of my life I've seen first hand, that many "Mexican" illegals, (because here in So. California this what I have experience with) are indeed hard workers.

That being said, for every "hard working Mexican illegal man" there's very often a wife at home tending to more children than they can afford to feed. Often they have more family in Mexico and they send a portion of their money "back home".

Sometimes the "culture" doesn't stop when the "anchor babies" grow up. About 4 young Mexican women I worked with who were born here had 2 or 3 children by the time they were in their early 20's, two of them had father's that took off, and they all took assistance. They know very well how to work the system.

This is not just my opinion. One of my co workers, a Mexican man who lived in the near by sanctuary city has complained to me himself that he saw women driving nice cars wearing nice clothes paying for their groceries with an EBT (food stamp) card.

Our government has made it way too easy, and business owners are getting away with being very selfish. They pay for cheap labor while we foot the bill for a culture that produces more children than they can take care of on their own. Continuing to take benefits while still having babies has become a way of life for too many, and that life has no honor.

(BTW, I know there are also non Hispanic Americans on welfare, but this is in regards to illegal immigration.)
Agreed and that kind of "Hispanic" is a straight up insult to people who came from Mexico legally to the US.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:23 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:

The correct method:

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I support what your saying here and now. However I feel so very sorry, for those who came to this Country, willingly knowing that they wanted to become US citizens the legal way.

I am sorry, but it does not seem fair to those who came the legal way.
Perhaps I am not understanding your point, but my post exempted legal immigrants spoke of dealing only with the illegals.

You seem to be inferring that I included the legals in my suggested course of action. If I am indeed misreading your message, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration