Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 07:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

In 1982, the Supreme Court decided that all students, regardless of their immigration status, were guaranteed a K-12 education. But the Court's decision did not extend to higher education. This has led to a situation where every year, of the at least 122,600 undocumented seniors in the country's high schools, only around 2,000 are expected to graduate with a college degree.

Denying Higher Education to Undocumented Students is a Roadblock to Future Economic Growth*|*Zenen Jaimes Pérez

Def time start denying ANY kid who ain't at least a legal alien any kind of tax paid education.

Too; most of those college educated illegals ain't employable anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 07:34 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
In 1982, the Supreme Court decided that all students, regardless of their immigration status, were guaranteed a K-12 education. But the Court's decision did not extend to higher education. This has led to a situation where every year, of the at least 122,600 undocumented seniors in the country's high schools, only around 2,000 are expected to graduate with a college degree.

Denying Higher Education to Undocumented Students is a Roadblock to Future Economic Growth*|*Zenen Jaimes Pérez

Def time start denying ANY kid who ain't at least a legal alien any kind of tax paid education.

Well, that depends.

The Federal government uses no tax money to issue grants and financial aid. The Federal government is monetarily sovereign; it pays all its bills ad hoc, by spending.

State governments are not monetarily sovereign; they rely on tax dollars for funding.

The catch - undocumented immigrants often contribute to state services, by paying taxes.

I vote yes to allowing undocumented immigrants an education. They are either going to be educated here or somewhere else. Denying them doesn't help us.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:39 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

"Undocumented" students?

Old 04-01-2015, 09:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Well, that depends.

The Federal government uses no tax money to issue grants and financial aid. The Federal government is monetarily sovereign; it pays all its bills ad hoc, by spending.

State governments are not monetarily sovereign; they rely on tax dollars for funding.

The catch - undocumented immigrants often contribute to state services, by paying taxes.

I vote yes to allowing undocumented immigrants an education. They are either going to be educated here or somewhere else. Denying them doesn't help us.
I vote those illegal aliens get their 3 hots and a cot THEN deportation from the US with a 10 year or longer ban on then even setting foot on our soil. If they try to set foot here again; then it'll be felony charges with a few years in prison.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:30 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
I then it depends. I don't support giving them breaks or assistance but if they can afford it and it's a situation like they came here as kids then fine. Otherwise no.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:13 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
I'm fine with them going to college as long as they do it the legal way: student visa and foreign student tuition rates.

End of.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:01 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I then it depends. I don't support giving them breaks or assistance but if they can afford it and it's a situation like they came here as kids then fine. Otherwise no.
They need to go back to their home countries then and apply for student visas to come back legally. I really don't care that they were brought here as kids. Their parents shouldn't be rewarded for it by allowing them to stay here and jump in front of the line of those who are applying from their own countries.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:25 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:

Denying them student aid and any set asides is simply protecting the home team and in that, I don't see a problem. Imagine any of us going to a foreign country and sucking down their benefits DEMANDING tuition aid, etc.....it is my understanding that in Mexico, you only get a government education to the 6th grade...after that, you or your family has to pay. Same for secondary.

I would seriously doubt you could/would get any assistance from most countries being documented let alone undocumented. Check it out. We have a welcome mat. They have guns and guard dogs.

Not advocating we assault them but, we can't support everyone. Just not enough money despite what the Democrats think......sooner or later, you WILL run out of OTHER people's money and I think we have pretty much reached that point.

Want to go to secondary education? Great, pay for it. WITHOUT our help. Candidly, if they are undocumented, send them home. Save the seat for a kid in the US who needs an education, too? It seems we will go to no ends to help the undocumented while we leave our own behind. Why?

Oh, that vote thing....yeah....the Democrats dream. Why build anything long lasting like the US economy when you can pawn it off for a mere 5,000,000 new "voters" legal and otherwise. You know, sometimes "change" ISN'T good and this is a perfect example. Meanwhile, some kid sitting in some small town can't get to those schools (those that wish to anyway and those that have worked hard to get there) because of the seats currently
occupied by illegals.

So much for building a patriotic america. Starting to look more and more like the Village People 2.0 and not so coordinated at that. Just know that in about 20-30 years when the hispanics are paying an enormous share of the taxes they WILL switch to a very Republican fabric.

Why? Because they, unlike some, work. Hard. And when THEY have to pay for the growing lazy, inane, inept, incompetent who can quote SSA, Welfare, Social Assistance, WIC, SLIC, EBT etc chapeter and verse they will turn on them wholesale.

Importing new votes for Democrats is a temporary solution. Wait until they start paying the tax load. They will work very, very hard to oust those that provided cover as their current generation took over the trades. Talk about selling your constituents down the river.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They need to go back to their home countries then and apply for student visas to come back legally. I really don't care that they were brought here as kids. Their parents shouldn't be rewarded for it by allowing them to stay here and jump in front of the line of those who are applying from their own countries.
I'm all for deporting the parents, no questions asked. I was just thinking of those in very small cases and no they shouldn't jump in front of other foreign students.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm fine with them going to college as long as they do it the legal way: student visa and foreign student tuition rates.

End of.
I don't believe they should get student rates. They should pay what foreign students pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration