Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 03:58 PM

518 posts, read 873,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
As if Greece doesn't have enough problems. It is now the economic basket case of Europe but it shows you how desperate these third world migrants are that they will show in a country in economic callapse as opposed to staying in the corrupt dung heaps they live in now.
I think they mostly go through Greece to reach other European countries. Greece has a mess at their doorstep with illegal immigration because of their location in southern Europe. Having so many islands to land on makes it pretty hard to protect I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 01:25 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,515,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not about worry but calling them what they are instead of PC terms. Those who use those PC terms are usually illegal alien sympathizers. What you fail to understand is that those who give illegal aliens jobs whether it be in Greece, here or anywhere else do not represent the majority of the populace. Therefore, the majority of the populace resent them because it is they that have to deal with their social issues, loss of jobs, reduced wages and higher taxes. Naturally those who profit from them don't resent them. That's not rocket science, you know.
And what YOU fail to recognize, is that in my first post in this thread was I was not TRYING to use a PC term at all. I was just typing, so it's fascinating to me that I'm expected to jump through hoops, and think every word and term through before typing, by the supposedly free speech crew. As for the populace, I believe I related in my last post resentment towards illegal aliens, correct? My point, which wasn't all that important, was making a comparison between the Albanians in Greece and our situation here. If they were not given jobs, they wouldn't come.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:43 AM

63,020 posts, read 29,229,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
And what YOU fail to recognize, is that in my first post in this thread was I was not TRYING to use a PC term at all. I was just typing, so it's fascinating to me that I'm expected to jump through hoops, and think every word and term through before typing, by the supposedly free speech crew. As for the populace, I believe I related in my last post resentment towards illegal aliens, correct? My point, which wasn't all that important, was making a comparison between the Albanians in Greece and our situation here. If they were not given jobs, they wouldn't come.
As I said, it is usually only sympathizers to illegal aliens that call them "undocumented". There is no such term in immigration law. It is just a PC term to make it look like they didn't break any laws they just forgot their papers.

Moving on, we are all aware that they wouldn't migrate to any country illegally if there weren't magnets that draw them there such as jobs and benefits. You made the remark about hiring them but also resenting them. I just cleared it up for you that it is only some greedy employers that hire them and that the rest of us resent them and rightly so. You seemed to imply that we all want them here but we also resent them. That simply isn't so. You were comparing illegal immigration to Greece,etc. with the U.S. therefore I am respondiing in that manner.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:25 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,592,691 times
I totally agree. It is only the employers who want them here. There is absolutely no benefit for citizens and and many social and economic reasons to resent them.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
As I said, it is usually only sympathizers to illegal aliens that call them "undocumented". There is no such term in immigration law. It is just a PC term to make it look like they didn't break any laws they just forgot their papers.

Moving on, we are all aware that they wouldn't migrate to any country illegally if there weren't magnets that draw them there such as jobs and benefits. You made the remark about hiring them but also resenting them. I just cleared it up for you that it is only some greedy employers that hire them and that the rest of us resent them and rightly so. You seemed to imply that we all want them here but we also resent them. That simply isn't so. You were comparing illegal immigration to Greece,etc. with the U.S. therefore I am respondiing in that manner.

I'm not implying or saying we all want them here. LOL. We agree! Greedy employers hire them. We know that. But consumers also enjoy the lower prices due to the greedy employers. I'll give an example that is common in my area. Pool companies. I had one, very low price and the service was marginal at best. Additionally I was not sure about the guys they were sending out. I suspect, don't know, they were illegals being paid less than a fair wage. Fired them. I'm sure the owner of the company was making a fortune. I was not comfortable with it and have a new company. I think where you and I differ is that I'm equally angry (and resentful) at the companies (builders, lawn care, pool care, restaurants, factories, etc...) who knowingly hire illegals.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:32 AM

Quote:
I'm not implying or saying we all want them here. LOL. We agree! Greedy employers hire them. We know that. But consumers also enjoy the lower prices due to the greedy employers. I'll give an example that is common in my area. Pool companies. I had one, very low price and the service was marginal at best. Additionally I was not sure about the guys they were sending out. I suspect, don't know, they were illegals being paid less than a fair wage. Fired them. I'm sure the owner of the company was making a fortune. I was not comfortable with it and have a new company. I think where you and I differ is that I'm equally angry (and resentful) at the companies (builders, lawn care, pool care, restaurants, factories, etc...) who knowingly hire illegals.
It's a fallicy that illegal aliens keep prices low. The greedy employers merely pocket the profits. When you add in their social costs that these employers pass on to we the consumer we are actually in the hole.

Our resentment is justified because there is no economic benefit from them for most of us. Just whom among us doesn't blame the employers that hire them? But the truth be known illegal aliens are just as guilty by coming here illegally and taking jobs they aren't entitled to. Pro-illegals simply blame the employers though when they and their illegal hires are equally to blame.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:13 AM

Quote:
It's a fallicy that illegal aliens keep prices low. The greedy employers merely pocket the profits. When you add in their social costs that these employers pass on to we the consumer we are actually in the hole.

Our resentment is justified because there is no economic benefit from them for most of us. Just whom among us doesn't blame the employers that hire them? But the truth be known illegal aliens are just as guilty by coming here illegally and taking jobs they aren't entitled to. Pro-illegals simply blame the employers though when they and their illegal hires are equally to blame.
Oldglory, I AGREE we end up paying more. The social costs, the taxes, school issues. It's all a nightmare. But what I see in my area is people paying cash for general services (yard, pool, maid), and knowing damned well the folks they are hiring are illegal, then bitching about the "illegals" taking over everything. I despise hypocrisy.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:24 AM

309 posts, read 258,610 times
We need a few nice big storms at sea.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Oldglory, I AGREE we end up paying more. The social costs, the taxes, school issues. It's all a nightmare. But what I see in my area is people paying cash for general services (yard, pool, maid), and knowing damned well the folks they are hiring are illegal, then bitching about the "illegals" taking over everything. I despise hypocrisy.
I doubt that those who hire them are b*tching about them. Why would they if they are profiting from them? Again, it is those of us who are law abiding and don't hire them that are complaining and rightly so!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I doubt that those who hire them are b*tching about them. Why would they if they are profiting from them? Again, it is those of us who are law abiding and don't hire them that are complaining and rightly so!
This is cracking me up. We both want to get the last word in! Yes, in my area (city, area, neighborhood) there are folks who both hire them, and then complain about the problems that come with them. It's crazy. It annoys the heck out of me. If you (not you, general folks) are going to hire a housekeeper paid under the table in cash and less than what you would pay a legal worker, then don't complain when their kids are enrolled in the schools and costing the taxpayers more because they are needing special services (bilingual, free lunch...). It's so annoying. People want their cake and to eat it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration