Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:14 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
The video said some are returning to Mexico.

I would like to see them going that way on a video before I believed it.

Prices have not gone down here, that I have seen .

I meant in Florida, regarding the above poster who said they are heading to Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 11:35 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmom05 View Post
Yes, this is GREAT news. They (can't remember who challenged them, ACLU probably) recently tried to overturn some of the new laws but they were upheld!!!

We are actually thinking about moving there.
A lot of organizations have challenged it, but it didn't do a bit of good. Mainly Catholic leaders and Hispanic leaders. Just look at the $$$ they were costing Oklahoma. Wasn't it over 8 billion just for illegals babies being born here, for one year? I didn't have medical insurance when I had my 3 children, but I paid cash. They sure wouldnt let me have a baby for free, but I'm an American citizen.

There are a lot of people moving here, mainly from California. So many people are moving into our community, we are wanting to move, somewhere still in OK., just less populated, with a little room to breathe.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:15 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Produce and poultry are more expensive than they have EVER been. I am tired of hearing how "cheap" things are because of illegal labor. Cheap alright, only for the unethical, un-American employers who hire non-citizens and line their own pockets with the profits, not for the tax-payers helping to subsidize them, or for the consumers.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:23 PM

620 posts, read 1,772,410 times
I had no idea that we had the toughest legislation in the entire country. I'm curious as to whether or not any other states have similar laws.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:52 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Samadhi View Post
I had no idea that we had the toughest legislation in the entire country. I'm curious as to whether or not any other states have similar laws.
Randy Terrill did say, at one time, how many states the state of Oklahoma has heard from, wanting to know about it. It was a very high number for such a short time of the law being enacted, but I don't remember what it was. (Sorry, age setting in here.) They are staying in touch, listening and learning. Thats why Americans need to let their voices be heard by their elected officials. Over and over, if thats what it takes. Ask your officials what their stance on illegal immigration is. If you don't like it, don't re-elect them. Don't ever give up. I know the users on this forum wont.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:22 AM

620 posts, read 1,772,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Randy Terrill did say, at one time, how many states the state of Oklahoma has heard from, wanting to know about it. It was a very high number for such a short time of the law being enacted, but I don't remember what it was. (Sorry, age setting in here.) They are staying in touch, listening and learning. Thats why Americans need to let their voices be heard by their elected officials. Over and over, if thats what it takes. Ask your officials what their stance on illegal immigration is. If you don't like it, don't re-elect them. Don't ever give up. I know the users on this forum wont.
I definitely agree about making your voice heard by going to elected officials. Thanks for letting me know what Randy Terrill said. I definitely support strict legislation and was just wondering if other states were following suit.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I sure hope so, they will drive the prices of property down to nothing, then when we deport them I can buy land cheap !
LOL . . . don't hold your breath, Floridabound.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 PM

635 posts, read 1,747,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
The carpet mills in Ga created a monster from the get go with illegal immigration.
The only reason those carpet fills are submersed in illegals is because Americans don't do hard physical labor for low wages. Americans are rarely seen doing hard physical labor 40 hours a week, it's simply the truth.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:22 PM

902 posts, read 718,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
The only reason those carpet fills are submersed in illegals is because Americans don't do hard physical labor for low wages. Americans are rarely seen doing hard physical labor 40 hours a week, it's simply the truth.
You are way off base with that statement of yours because it is, of course, not true at all. Americans have been and still do hard physical labor in this country. Please post only the truth and stop trying to spin the truth to be something it is not.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:27 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
What kind of BS are you spinning. Lord I see hardworking Americans siding houses and working on roads and digging trenches and more everyday. Where do you live in a Box?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration