Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 08:26 PM

170 posts, read 983,218 times

Advertisements

So where can I go to work as a carpenter without being with illegal citizens?

This is so annoying. Youre lucky to find a contractor willing to hire you and pay the wage you deserve. They just hire illegal citizens, who arent even qualified or educated, and pay them nothing(which is wrong in itself) to do sub-par work.

Is this considered economical in our country? I would love it if all the illegal aliens moved out of Los Angeles and into Boston. I'd like to see how much the bleeding heart liberals would support it then.

On a side note, anyone who thinks anti-illegal immigration is racist is an idiot. I live in New Jersey, and have had friends of all racial backgrounds. Who cares about race anymore? Its friggin 2008. Some of my recent friends are from peru, but here legally for 20 years. There is a giant difference in someone who is here legally or illegally...ridiculous..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 08:31 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfingiskewl View Post

This is so annoying. Youre lucky to find a contractor willing to hire you and pay the wage you deserve. They just hire illegal citizens, who arent even qualified or educated, and pay them nothing(which is wrong in itself) to do sub-par work.

Is this considered economical in our country? I would love it if all the illegal aliens moved out of Los Angeles and into Boston. I'd like to see how much the bleeding heart liberals would support it then.

On a side note, anyone who thinks anti-illegal immigration is racist is an idiot. I live in New Jersey, and have had friends of all racial backgrounds. Who cares about race anymore? Its friggin 2008. Some of my recent friends are from peru, but here legally for 20 years. There is a giant difference in someone who is here legally or illegally...ridiculous..
Purely economical. You take Mike here says will build you a wall for $1,000 then you find Jose over there at Homedepot who will do it for $500. Put yourself in the Business owners feet, "I could sure use that $500 to buy my wife a new washer". All about maximizing profit.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:31 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Have you considered Arizona, Wind?

With this latest "Go For The Employers" law, the illegals are jumping ship like rats.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:

I know of a guy who got a job doing construction repair. Many recently built homes will be in need of repair in no time because the builders hiring illegals didn't care one iota that many had no skill -- all they cared about was quick profits.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:42 PM

Well I'm pretty sure that everyone has realized this but homes are rarely being built now because of the housing market. Not many of those jobs anywhere.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:00 PM

170 posts, read 983,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Purely economical. You take Mike here says will build you a wall for $1,000 then you find Jose over there at Homedepot who will do it for $500. Put yourself in the Business owners feet, "I could sure use that $500 to buy my wife a new washer". All about maximizing profit.
And what are the qualifications of Jose doing it for $500? I hope people in this country understand the phrase "you get what you pay for".

Arizona and Oklahoma have recent strict laws on illegal immigrants. But why should I feel forced to move around because illegal citizens have taken over somewhere else? It's a sad day in the USA when citizens have to live somewhere they don't want to because all the desirable locations are taken by illegal citizens.

Not to mention illegal immigration is modern day slavery.
Being economical does not justify breaking the law either.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:08 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Don't send the illegals to us in Massachusetts, please.

Anyway there is a new law here that the illegals now have to be paid at least minimum wage! (don't ask) Anyway, that actually may help the legals because there won't be any reason to hire the illegals anymore, no slave labor.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
And what are the qualifications of Jose doing it for $500? I hope people in this country understand the phrase "you get what you pay for".

Arizona and Oklahoma have recent strict laws on illegal immigrants. But why should I feel forced to move around because illegal citizens have taken over somewhere else? It's a sad day in the USA when citizens have to live somewhere they don't want to because all the desirable locations are taken by illegal citizens.

Not to mention illegal immigration is modern day slavery.
Being economical does not justify breaking the law either.
I don't know.. but the illegals here in California have been doing a damn good job. If there were problems with developments it'd be all over the news.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Don't send the illegals to us in Massachusetts, please.

Anyway there is a new law here that the illegals now have to be paid at least minimum wage! (don't ask) Anyway, that actually may help the legals because there won't be any reason to hire the illegals anymore, no slave labor.
No one is sending you crap. They go there on their own free will. And that law is quite pointless anyway, its like "do you want the job or not?" I got someone who can do it cheaper, all you have to do is say no. Mind games

Old 01-27-2008, 11:02 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,215 times
in most states electricians and plumbers are tightly licensed and regulated by the state. in those states illegal aliens have had very little effect on those two trades.

i've never understood why carpenter/framers don't need similar licensing. what the hell good does competent plumbing and electrical do you if the building falls down!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration