Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 08:39 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
As a blue collar union worker, I work with a quite a few Hispanic co-workers, some of them very good people and good friends, If Trump is going to send goons to intern them, I am going to bring to bear my collection of M1A rifles along with union friends and tea party friends. It's going to get real ugly real fast, and I doubt that Trump's Wharton degree will prepare him for that.

I had to laugh at this one. "Tea Party" out there with Guns threatening Americans? That would be short lived. You could change your Name to General Custer, and claim History repeats itself. And Good Luck finding enough folks willing to commit suicide, to join you. All you would do is guarantee that you would make the 11 O'clock News and that some one else would own your Guns when they hauled you away. Ridiculous scenario to even think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 08:45 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Every illegal alien removed is a step in the right direction no matter what the liberal (D's) or the Chamber of Commerce (R's) have to say.
That is especially true of criminals or those collecting benefits but not being productive.

`
And if it takes "A little at a time" then we can do that too. No amnesty, no "Path to Citizenship" other than the one we already have and NO anchor babies. .

Old 09-16-2015, 03:32 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Ask all the cities who have MS13 gangs if those gang members are working in the fields, doing landscaping, watching their children, or working in meat packing plants. But hey, if you do not live in a border state, why worry, right?

`
Great post but... Some years back, I went to hear Erin Anderson give a talk about illegal immigration. Her family owned a ranch in AZ that was on the border. They were forced to stop working it because they had come to fear the illegals who were coming in through Mexico.

During her talk, she showed us some of the trash left behind by illegals that was found on her property. In particular, she showed us slips of paper with writing on it. One really stuck in my mind---It was a piece of paper with a phone number that was from a local area code with the name "Hipolita". The illegal who threw that away, apparently was supposed to make his/her way to my state and call "Hipolita".

Anyway, one thing she mentioned in her talk was that many gang members actually have day jobs. In some jurisdictions, gang activity increases after 5 p.m. on weekdays. There have been cases where arrested MS-13 (and the assorted Latin gangs) were found to be day laborers who hung around the local 7-Eleven or Home Depot. One prominent illegal, Ingmar Guandique (who allegedly killed Chandra Levy in DC) was a gang member who picked up day labor jobs.

I just checked Erin Anderson's website. It seems that she last updated several years ago, saying that she had suspended the page due to health issues. What a shame.

THE ANDERSON REPORT

Old 09-16-2015, 06:00 PM

16,591 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Great post but... Some years back, I went to hear Erin Anderson give a talk about illegal immigration. Her family owned a ranch in AZ that was on the border. They were forced to stop working it because they had come to fear the illegals who were coming in through Mexico.

During her talk, she showed us some of the trash left behind by illegals that was found on her property. In particular, she showed us slips of paper with writing on it. One really stuck in my mind---It was a piece of paper with a phone number that was from a local area code with the name "Hipolita". The illegal who threw that away, apparently was supposed to make his/her way to my state and call "Hipolita".

Anyway, one thing she mentioned in her talk was that many gang members actually have day jobs. In some jurisdictions, gang activity increases after 5 p.m. on weekdays. There have been cases where arrested MS-13 (and the assorted Latin gangs) were found to be day laborers who hung around the local 7-Eleven or Home Depot. One prominent illegal, Ingmar Guandique (who allegedly killed Chandra Levy in DC) was a gang member who picked up day labor jobs.

I just checked Erin Anderson's website. It seems that she last updated several years ago, saying that she had suspended the page due to health issues. What a shame.

THE ANDERSON REPORT
Rest assured the brown and black gangs at war in LA are not working at what would be considered a normal type job. Furthermore, even if some of the new illegal aliens were to get a job initially, they will not be getting a paycheck for long once they hook up with a gang. Now if you consider selling drugs, turning out girls, or selling stolen merchandise on Craigslist a job, then I stand corrected.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Rest assured the brown and black gangs at war in LA are not working at what would be considered a normal type job. Furthermore, even if some of the new illegal aliens were to get a job initially, they will not be getting a paycheck for long once they hook up with a gang. Now if you consider selling drugs, turning out girls, or selling stolen merchandise on Craigslist a job, then I stand corrected.
How do you know that they are not among the day laborers standing outside the local 7-Eleven or Home Depot? I would be interested in reading any links you have on this subject.

Besides, day laborers do not get steady paychecks like those working permanent jobs.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:32 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
As a blue collar union worker, I work with a quite a few Hispanic co-workers, some of them very good people and good friends, If Trump is going to send goons to intern them, I am going to bring to bear my collection of M1A rifles along with union friends and tea party friends. It's going to get real ugly real fast, and I doubt that Trump's Wharton degree will prepare him for that.
So your telling me you work with people who are known to be illegals and you would support these illegals having jobs over an unemployed American Citizen? If that's the case we have a much larger problem than just illegals. My gut tells me you'll be pretty lonely mounting your defense.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:24 AM

16,591 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
How do you know that they are not among the day laborers standing outside the local 7-Eleven or Home Depot? I would be interested in reading any links you have on this subject.

Besides, day laborers do not get steady paychecks like those working permanent jobs.
Maybe we are talking about two different sets of illegals.
The gang members, especially in MS13 or even black American gangs like the Crip & Bloods (now united to survive against the brown gangs) do not get their money from doing odd labor jobs. Instead they sell drugs, pimp women, steal, extortion, etc.

Of course that is not to say all illegals will wind up in gangs, but the hardened former paramilitary thugs from El Salvador who are the top capos in MS13 are hardly doing manual labor by day, and creating mayhem by night.

`

Old 09-17-2015, 08:40 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Someone gave me a rep point in order to leave me a nasty note. LOL. Thanks for the point!

Old 09-17-2015, 09:15 PM

587 posts, read 379,466 times
Lol @ gang members working as day laborers. Sure every rule had its exception but I guarantee you most gang members didn't join their gangs to make money the hard way.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
Lol @ gang members working as day laborers. Sure every rule had its exception but I guarantee you most gang members didn't join their gangs to make money the hard way.
Google Ingmar Guandique. He did day labor.

Besides, how do you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration