Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 08:52 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,070,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
We talk about it - they agree that the freebies have to end.

There were NO positives for the residents of Miami back in 1965, when the Cuban Adjustment Act was enacted, making "illegal Cuban immigrant" an impossibility. It encouraged many thousands of Cubans to come to Miami. They overwhelmed the school system, social services and medical facilities; they took every construction job in Miami, forcing American workers (my father) to leave home for months at a time to find work elsewhere. In 1981, it happened all over again - over 100,000 in a few months. Again, no positives, only negatives.

Miami's Cuban-American population has been freely going back/forth to Cuba for decades - and all the while, Cubans float ashore claiming persecution and getting all kinds of assistance, no questions asked.

wow -surprised you stayed in that terrible environment so long?? why?
the Marielle was a push from Castro just throwing all the mess out- from the jails -criminals -sick- poor what not. The US accepted them. Guess they upset you--
The Cubans have gone back and forth but was not always so- In 1990 Cuba began to allow more tourists - most via Mexico or another island. We ended up in NJ and PA- lack of jobs-- but any economic change can do that to many people- I was in Miami now in Orlando from Wilma not the Cubans- guess you need someone to blame. I am a native and have no complains- in fact I welcome the culture and HOT on cafe con leche
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 07:31 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
wow -surprised you stayed in that terrible environment so long?? why?
the Marielle was a push from Castro just throwing all the mess out- from the jails -criminals -sick- poor what not. The US accepted them. Guess they upset you--
The Cubans have gone back and forth but was not always so- In 1990 Cuba began to allow more tourists - most via Mexico or another island. We ended up in NJ and PA- lack of jobs-- but any economic change can do that to many people- I was in Miami now in Orlando from Wilma not the Cubans- guess you need someone to blame. I am a native and have no complains- in fact I welcome the culture and HOT on cafe con leche
Why wouldn't any American be upset when our government allows in criminals, the sick and the poor that are a danger and a fiscal burden to us? Why should any American have to pull up roots to find a job because foreigners took them? I for one don't want a foreign culture shoved in my face 24/7. That's a whole lot different then enjoying ethnic foods or drink in an ethnic restaurant.

Old 10-16-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why wouldn't any American be upset when our government allows in criminals, the sick and the poor that are a danger and a fiscal burden to us? Why should any American have to pull up roots to find a job because foreigners took them? I for one don't want a foreign culture shoved in my face 24/7. That's a whole lot different then enjoying ethnic foods or drink in an ethnic restaurant.
TELL me--what were going to do with them? It was boatloads in a very short time-- massive migration just as you see on TV now in Germany and all the European countries -- they come as ants overrunning the piece of candy- women children old people- etc

what are you going to do? what is the rest of the world doing?? what do you think should happen?

what we like or not --is not always our reality - I choose to embrace the negatives and try to see the positives

Old 10-16-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
TELL me--what were going to do with them? It was boatloads in a very short time-- massive migration just as you see on TV now in Germany and all the European countries -- they come as ants overrunning the piece of candy- women children old people- etc

what are you going to do? what is the rest of the world doing?? what do you think should happen?

what we like or not --is not always our reality - I choose to embrace the negatives and try to see the positives
If the governments of any country were smart they would limit immigration and the number of refugees they allow into their countries in the first place. When the mistake has been made already all they can do is not make the same mistake twice. Eventually, when they are drained dry and there is a clashing cultures from non-assimilation they will learn their lesson. Too bad the citizens of said countries are the ones that pay the price for their government's idiocies.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:41 AM

its been going on forever- history show people take over others lands via greedy power hungry leaders-- or things happens and people run to other lands- from fear or hunger. it is an imperfect world. now I have a question for our own country-- why do we have China and India- Bangladesh etc making our stuff and not Mexico? Besides the customer service resp for the cable co in Mexico- and maybe fruits/veg - why are they not outsourcing jobs to Mexico?

Old 10-19-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
its been going on forever- history show people take over others lands via greedy power hungry leaders-- or things happens and people run to other lands- from fear or hunger. it is an imperfect world. now I have a question for our own country-- why do we have China and India- Bangladesh etc making our stuff and not Mexico? Besides the customer service resp for the cable co in Mexico- and maybe fruits/veg - why are they not outsourcing jobs to Mexico?
They have. You don't know this? Why the concern for Mexico anyway? We have already insourced millions of Mexicans into our country via illegal immigration and legal immigration.

Old 10-19-2015, 04:41 PM

157 posts, read 137,313 times
Quote:
Excuse me for jumping in here. But, i think the reason jobs went to China and India instead of Mexico is because with globalization, corporations go where they find the cheapest labor. The Chinese and Indians probably work even cheaper than the Mexicans. However, many of our jobs have also gone to Mexico and the people who had them were forced to train those people before they got laid off. Maybe those folks should have crashed the border to Mexico when their jobs got outsourced there. I'm pretty sure that Mexico enforces its immigration laws, though.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:32 AM

I am not for outsourcing at all --but seems next door be easier than across the oceans. If they find work- no need to come to the US except maybe the ones from Cuidad JUARES-- brrr anyhow Mexico has money- time to mess with them why not taking care of their country -- we sanction everyone else??

Old 10-20-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
I am not for outsourcing at all --but seems next door be easier than across the oceans. If they find work- no need to come to the US except maybe the ones from Cuidad JUARES-- brrr anyhow Mexico has money- time to mess with them why not taking care of their country -- we sanction everyone else??
The problem with outsourcing is that it depletes job opportunities for Americans. I say let the other countries create jobs for their own people. When you include illegal immigration it just compounds the problem of job shortages for our own citizens.

Old 10-22-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The problem with outsourcing is that it depletes job opportunities for Americans. I say let the other countries create jobs for their own people. When you include illegal immigration it just compounds the problem of job shortages for our own citizens.
I agree but if Mexicans had jobs- wouldn't be here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration