Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you are an eligible Latino voters are you:
Registered Republican? 4 36.36%
Will you vote for Trump? 7 63.64%
Do you support deportation of undocumented workers? 4 36.36%
Will you vote Democratic? 4 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 11:22 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

The additional reason for those anchor babies they can't afford to raise:
Stay and collect welfare and get into Section 8 housing while US citizens live in the park. Welfare Use by Legal and Illegal Immigrant Households | Center for Immigration Studies and Birthright Citizenship Is a Magnet for Illegal Immigrants, and It Has Real Economic Costs | National Review Online

Anchor babies: The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution The anchor babies do not anchor their law breaking families to the US.

Latinos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ixGM8XLp0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR8MEklu0IE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRZP5jX2G4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP5czSg-cso

Meet The Mexican-Americans Who Are Backing Donald Trump In New Hampshire

Anyone that is an "undocumented worker" should contact the US state where they were born to get a copy of their birth certificate. Anyone working should have a social security number that is not stolen: Illegal, but Not Undocumented | Center for Immigration Studies So they won't just steal your job, they'll steal your identity.

Trump is still holding his own, more than holding his own in the polls and much is based on enforcing the laws of the US. Obviously, more people support the laws of the US than don't and in the end, nothing else matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 01:04 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
WRONG

If you followed the context you would see where their kind derives from. I am refuting the fact that he thinks we can deport people who have birthright citizenship and call it merely enforcing the law.

Perkins v. Elg
Acevedo v. Lynch

Section 1401 U.S. Code Annotated

United States v. Wong Kim Ark

Wong Kim Ark was not about parents here illegally in our country. There have been several bills introduced over the years by the Republicans to end this nonsense practice. One just this year. None of them have any lingo in them to deport those who have erroneously been given our birthright citizenship already. They merely state that if the bill is passed from that point forward that nonsense PC practice will be not be in affect anymore. At least one parent will have to be a citizen or legal resident of our country in order for their offspring to gain our birthright citizenship. I fully support these bills.

Old 12-19-2015, 01:14 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wong Kim Ark was not about parents here illegally in our country. There have been several bills introduced over the years by the Republicans to end this nonsense practice. One just this year. None of them have any lingo in them to deport those who have erroneously been given our birthright citizenship already. They merely state that if the bill is passed from that point forward that nonsense PC practice will be not be in affect anymore. At least one parent will have to be a citizen or legal resident of our country in order for their offspring to gain our birthright citizenship. I fully support these bills.
The point is I cited 4 different legal precedents or statutes from varying degrees of binding authority each of which said basically the exact same thing. In their discussion of the same Amendment and the same subsection.

There is a bill that would put a serious clamp on this issue, it's one that I think is actually well-rounded and thought out. I posted it earlier but it's from the January session and it's being dubbed the Birthright Citizenship Act.

I wish media actually covered substance instead of "New Reaction from X over events that transpired during Y, L is here discuss it as a liberal caricature and C will be discussing it as a conservative caricature... argue argue argue. /End Scene time for a Commercial Break.

Old 12-19-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
The point is I cited 4 different legal precedents or statutes from varying degrees of binding authority each of which said basically the exact same thing. In their discussion of the same Amendment and the same subsection.

There is a bill that would put a serious clamp on this issue, it's one that I think is actually well-rounded and thought out. I posted it earlier but it's from the January session and it's being dubbed the Birthright Citizenship Act.

I wish media actually covered substance instead of "New Reaction from X over events that transpired during Y, L is here discuss it as a liberal caricature and C will be discussing it as a conservative caricature... argue argue argue. /End Scene time for a Commercial Break.

And they have all been refuted and proven wrong in this forum many times. Search for them. As I said, I am not going to keep this can of worms open once again. Cited is the bill below introduced by the House GOP. Probably the same bill you are talking about. I support it. Bet the Democrats won't.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ouse-bill/140/

Old 12-19-2015, 04:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I don't agree. MOST illegal aliens WILL leave; "Hispanic" or not, if the US started ENFORCING the laws against their kind. Too; stop birthright for kids born here unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen tho IF the other parent's here illegally, that parent WILL still need to leave.

Exactly don't give them a reason to stay and guess what!

Old 12-19-2015, 11:05 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It would be great if it were that simple but it isn't. There is no way anyone is going to deport somewhere between 15 and 20 million people. I believe in obeying the law, it ticks me off to see how many are here illegally, but we are not going to send them all back. I am not sure we should to be honest. First we need to find a way to keep them from entering the country. Then we need to stop all government benefits for them, no matter what except in the case of life or death. Then we need to get rid of every one of them who has broken the law, no matter how minor. No, I don't mean a traffic ticket. I could go on and on, but the point still remains, you can't send them all back; it is that simple!!!! And has your hero disclosed how many of those working on some of his projects are illegal? Does he check to make certain all the contractors he hires only employ legals? Of course he hasn't. All Trump is saying, is what he thinks his followers want him to say.
If you don’t have the stomach to deport the 11 million current illegals you won’t have the stomach to deport the next 11 million either. It is like the parent who can’t bring himself to disciplining his child and says if you do this one more time....

As for illegals working for Trump, if they could find just ONE so far, Barbara Walters would have him on her annual celebrity show.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:49 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I don't agree as even a traffic ticket should start the process of their deportation. If you are a citizen and have broken a law, are stopped by police, that don't just forget about other laws you have broken and actually use traffic stops to apprehend people for other offenses. You run one stop sign or light, go over the speed limit and you can be stopped. I don't understand why illegals should have more protections than US citizens.

Work place enforcement and cutting them off the public assistance teat, challenging the anchor baby myth are all easily within reach.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:30 AM

17,343 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Can't speak for those I do not know, but for the ones who are friends and in laws, I will speak for them since I know them.

They are not all one in the same believe me. For the ones who have lived here a very long time, or born in this Country, they are voting for Trump, and here is the thing, some of the younger ones, yes I said younger, are getting there elder family members to also vote for him.

I said no way, and she said to me, yes we are. Because we want what is right for the Country, and believe that he loves the Country as much as he claims, and we need great again, her words to me.

Yes I believe her. They also have family who live in S.B. were the recent tragedy occurred and this has had a great impact on their life.

She also said, those who were born here, want the best for this Country, whether people believe it or not, yes I believe her. And she said a few things about the Democrat Party, Obama and Hillary that I will keep to myself
This is what so many on the left and pro illegal alien groups don't want to admit. I live in CA and there are a lot of legal Hispanics and people of Hispanic backgrounds that are US citizens here. Many of them do not want the constant flow of illegals coming here. It hurts everyone, including those that are here legally. Just because you are Hispanic ancestry, it doesn't mean you are pro illegal alien by a long shot.
The libs will never tell you this though.

Old 12-25-2015, 03:41 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This is what so many on the left and pro illegal alien groups don't want to admit. I live in CA and there are a lot of legal Hispanics and people of Hispanic backgrounds that are US citizens here. Many of them do not want the constant flow of illegals coming here. It hurts everyone, including those that are here legally. Just because you are Hispanic ancestry, it doesn't mean you are pro illegal alien by a long shot.
The libs will never tell you this though.
The libs? Really. I've been saying the same (just because you are of Hispanic ancestry does not mean you are pro illegal alien) on this board for a couple of years now and have been told here consistently by conservatives that I'm wrong.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
The libs? Really. I've been saying the same (just because you are of Hispanic ancestry does not mean you are pro illegal alien) on this board for a couple of years now and have been told here consistently by conservatives that I'm wrong.

I don't recall anyone saying that "all" Hispanics are pro-illegal. But the truth is that many if not most of Mexican roots are and the majority of Hispanics in this country are of Mexican roots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration